The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 5th, 2018 at 01:45 pm
Two highlights from the MRC’s 18th annual list of Notable Quotables:
“The President is a moron! I’m saying it. I don’t care. He’s an idiot. Cheney is evil. I’m sick of, impeach them, get them out! I hate them! I hate them. Get them out. They got to go! … What is it going to take for you people? Get Bush out! Impeach. Out! Out! Out!”
— Actress/comedienne Kathy Griffin
“It’s ridiculous. I had to take out a loan to fill up my minivan. It’s crazy.”
— Today host Katie Couric, who earns around $15 million per year
- Shows how much we have in common with the USA.Posted by blogstrop on 2005 12 21 at 05:46 AM • permalink
- TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC . . . but worth a look.
What weighs 2.2 tonne, has a 7 litre V8 engine that puts out 700 horsepower, 6-wheel drive, and promotes militarism?
Armygeddon – the Australian Army hotrod LandroverPosted by Oafish and Infantile on 2005 12 21 at 06:55 AM • permalink
- #2 Oooh, I love it. There’s plenty of room in the back for shopping.
Does it come in pink?
— NoraPosted by The Thin Man Returns on 2005 12 21 at 07:08 AM • permalink
- “The President is a moron! I’m saying it. I don’t care. He’s an idiot. Cheney is evil. I’m sick of, impeach them, get them out! I hate them! I hate them. Get them out. They got to go! … What is it going to take for you people? Get Bush out! Impeach. Out! Out! Out!”
— Actress/comedienne Kathy Griffin
So this is mainstream comedy. A real knee-slapper that. How did she get her grasp of the language, never thought a leftoid could be so articulate, beats Bob Hope, Jack Benny, J. Swift, Mark Twain, et al. This is nuanced satire on the part of the Left. She plays to packed houses, wearing a chador, in Tehran and has them wetting their pants (like Champy).
- Those are some nasty quotes. Let’s hope both these women have been spayed.Posted by Mystery Meat on 2005 12 21 at 11:13 AM • permalink
- If it makes you feel any better, keep in mind that the biggest gig Kathy Griffin’s been getting lately is showing up at premieres…”Yeah, yeah, it’s a great movie, where’s my gift basket?”Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 12 21 at 11:33 AM • permalink
Extremely funny stuff from Kathy Griffin – if parading one’s neuroses is considered matter for laughter.
To be fair, that’s what her entire career is based on.
Speaking of Kathy Griffin, I’d like to point out a mistake: She’s described on the list as an “Actress/comedienne”. That should, of course, read ‘Pathetic has-been who would starve to death if it wasn’t for the E! channel’.
- Here is one of my own personal favorites from the website. I challenge anyone to read this and keep their jaw from hitting the floor at least once. I mean, when Wolf Blitzer is the one responsible for holding on to reality…
Ted Turner: “I am absolutely convinced that the North Koreans are absolutely sincere. There’s really no reason for them to cheat [on nukes]….I looked them right in the eyes. And they looked like they meant the truth. You know, just because somebody’s done something wrong in the past doesn’t mean they can’t do right in the future or the present. That happens all the, all the time.”
Wolf Blitzer: “But this is one of the most despotic regimes and Kim Jong-Il is one of the worst men on Earth. Isn’t that a fair assessment?”
Turner: “Well, I didn’t get to meet him, but he didn’t look — in the pictures that I’ve seen of him on CNN, he didn’t look too much different than most other people.”
Blitzer: “But, look at the way, look at the way he’s, look at the way he’s treating his own people.”
Turner: “Well, hey, listen. I saw a lot of people over there. They were thin and they were riding bicycles instead of driving in cars, but–”
Blitzer: “A lot of those people are starving.”
Turner: “I didn’t see any, I didn’t see any brutality….”
— Exchange on CNN’s The Situation Room, Sept. 19.
- #11: You’re right; can’t be done [applies salve to bruised jaw]. “He didn’t look too much different from other people”. Kim Il-Jong. Looks likes an Asian Little Richard. Doesn’t look too much different from anybody else. Oh, right-o, Ted! I guess when you’re a foot-loose zillionaire who’s main activity is staying more or less permanently baked, all dictators start to look alike after a while.
- Griffin has a show on Bravo about her pathetic life as a D-list celebrity. I watched one ep and was appalled at her level of loathing–not only for herself, but for every single person in her life. I’m not sure if that’s a treatable psychological condition or not, but it struck me that to know her would be to loathe oneself…
- Kathy who? I’ve neverseen her on anything?
Katie: The price of gasoline/petrol has been coming down steadily around here. In fact, it’s below $2/gal. That’s still too much but I guess all those who lost their butts in the Enron FU have made their money back. Looks like working in New York City but living in another state has its problems. Poor little rich girl.
Oh yeah: Katie, is this supposed to be comedy – you drive a mini-van? You’re straining your credibility & peoples’ respect for your economic abilities. My wife drives a mini-van and she doesn’t take out loans to fill up. I guess comedy is hard.
Ted Turner: The man who gave us CNN. He’s a multi-millionaire who likes to hang around with communists. He likes to treat us all like dumb rednecks but he owned a team called the “Braves” whose fans use the “tomahawk chop” as part of a cheer. I’ve seen his ideal woman, Hanoi Jane Fonda, doing the chop on national TV. You just know I’m going to listen to people (subliminally – hypocrites) like that.
Looking at such events as the Sydney riots and other such things, some of these folks need to look up the word “backlash”. It’s starting to roll.
- If Kathi wants to be taken seriously she ought to redo her silicon boobs and sue the first Doc.
Jeesh, Kathi spend the bucks and get a better set of hangers than the ones you ordered.
What a terrible waste of single malt whisky.Posted by Michael Lonie on 2005 12 22 at 12:38 AM • permalink
- This is the most anyone has ever talked about Kathy Griffin.Posted by IcallMasICM on 2005 12 22 at 01:38 PM • permalink