The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 01:56 pm
Fidens emails: “Good news for envirothugs and petrolheads alike—we can cease the fussin’ and a-feudin’ over the merits of 40-year-old Volkswagens and modern Ferraris. Instead, thanks to Ken Prather and sorcery, we may now enjoy the best of all possible worlds.”
- Will it run on a blend of ethanol, greenies and left wing moonbats?Posted by surfmaster on 2007 01 01 at 09:39 AM • permalink
- And in other auto news, the Iranians have developed self-igniting cars – based on a French car (literally).
- French muslims have toset fire to their own carsPosted by surfmaster on 2007 01 01 at 09:57 AM • permalink
You’re getting some love and appreciation over at milblogs.
Scroll down a bit and there’s a few entries discussing the MacBeth, Iron Mike and such and giving you some good credit for helping us to remember that such stuff still happens.
- That ain’t no hippie bus! It has to look something like this to be a real hippie bus.
- I’d forgotten about the VW Bug drag racing community, very much alive in the USA. And I shouldn’t have…..one of my former neighbors (since moved to another town) has his very own Bad Bug. You can watch some video clips here.
Too bad I didn’t remember this for the earlier thread!!!!! Must be the holiday season.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 01 01 at 01:09 PM • permalink
- Rebecca, you so right about the VW bus. I learned to drive in one of those beasts, and it took me years to get rid of the bad habits that training forced onto me.
As a point of trivia….I believe that I am one of the few people ever to pop a wheelie in an unmodified VW bus. Of course, it took starting off on a steep hill with a load of fellow teenagers…..and my father (a former fighter pilot) in the front passenger seat, clenched knuckles not merely white, but showing bones. It was the talk of the neighborhood that winter.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 01 01 at 02:27 PM • permalink
- There were many complaints about the lack of protection in the beetle from head-ons but when one looks at the Kombi it really is a death trap in that department. Nothing between the breeze and you except for a thin sheet of metal and in the driver’ case an upright steering column that would demolish your family jewels if it were to be pushed back.
It’s amazing to see them still on the road after 40? years.
- #10 Grimmy your description is marvellous but I think you will find the image you are referring to is a copy of the Venus of Willendorf
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.