The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:31 am
Leftist Marieke Hardy, writing in the leftist Age, defends the leftist ABC’s leftist Media Watch and its leftist presenters against charges that the program has a left-wing bias. She supports her case by quoting former Media Watch host David Marr:
When you look at it dispassionately, there isn’t much to debate. When you catch somebody plagiarising, what’s to debate? When you catch someone faking their sources, what’s to debate? When you catch someone telling porkies in the press, what’s to debate?
If only Marr was capable of looking at things dispassionately. Here’s somebody plagiarising; somebody faking sources; and somebody repeating lies. Media Watch declined any on-air mention of these cases [UPDATE: Not so]. An open-minded type, is Marieke:
I’m afraid I can’t get past politics in a friendship … I know my parents have Liberal voting friends, and my communist grandfather was good buddies with Barry Humphries, who is an out-and-out Tory. I’m glad that they could see past politics to break bread with their comrades and neighbours, but it’s just too big a deal for me. It’s too important.
Do continue, young lady:
I could not possibly allow a staunch monarchist conservative pro-war liberal to stick his wang in my business. That would make me feel dirty in a bad way.
Our loss, guys.
- Dammit, yet another place I’m not allow to stick my wang.Posted by Scott R on 2006 10 26 at 01:08 AM • permalink
- No way I could pass Marieke’s pre-wang insertion checklist either. But would I want to?
I have this vision of Marieke and Linda Jaivin being the last two humans on the planet. Confronting each other in the fruit and veg aisles of a long-deserted supermarket, they fight to the death for
Mother Gaia’s last surviving cucumber.Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2006 10 26 at 01:15 AM • permalink
- Have a look at the head on it. Even a skin full of Bundy wouldn’t help.Posted by Pedro the Ignorant on 2006 10 26 at 01:19 AM • permalink
- Granddaughter of Frank Hardy?? BLEAAHH.
It may surprise Marieke to learn it, but wangs have standards too.Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2006 10 26 at 01:26 AM • permalink
- Marieke Hardy says “I could not possibly allow a staunch monarchist conservative pro-war liberal to stick his wang in my business.”
Hey darling, have you ever thought such a discerning chap wouldn’t insert his Hardy wang in your business if you were the last lefty on the planet.
Catch the photo of her gob and tell me you’d put your wang in this little piece of business.
I could not possibly allow a staunch monarchist conservative pro-war liberal to stick his wang in my business.
The implication being that everyone and/or everything else automatically gets the green light…Posted by Rachel Corrie’s Flatmate on 2006 10 26 at 01:37 AM • permalink
- I’d root a black snake with an infested arse before I’d grace you with the pleasure of my proudly conservative stump grinder. You wind blown, pinko, sea hag.
Take a holiday involving sex and travel.Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2006 10 26 at 01:40 AM • permalink
- Not even with Bob Ellis’s plonker, with a guaranteed dose of clap to result and a penicillin shortage announced.
Even donning a pair of these appearance enhancement aids would be futile; i think you’d have to be a fanatical follower of the Mufti to fell a stirring in your fartcatchers- I reckon it’s about time to start dispensing bromide or saltpeter in felafels, and issuing a cold spoon with every Koran.
BTW, I think i’ve worked out why hammer pants are de rigeur in Islamic areas- if you’re permamently pitching a hootchi in your pantaloons, it’d be hard to get a seat on the bus in tight dacks.
- I think she’s pretty cute, actually.
- Stop muddying the issue with facts, C.L.
BTW, how do you establish someones political credentials before a knee tremble?. Do you carry a card or is there a questionnaire?Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2006 10 26 at 01:48 AM • permalink
- CL, I think the love affair would end with the first whiny screechy I-demand-to-be-HEARD! syllable she uttered.Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2006 10 26 at 01:56 AM • permalink
- Come to think of it, “business” has an old coloqial connotation about it which would indicate that Ms Fits may have in fact been the actual “Tub Girl”.
She must be under the delusion that Australian conservatives share the more bizarre peccadillos of members of the British Conservative Party.
Anyone who’s ever had the misfortune to listen to any of the dire dialogue during an episode of “Last Man Standing” would be well aware that the delightful Ms Hardy is capable of producing volumes of “business”.
- I’m a lot less picky, it’s only the type of people who find Last Man Standing entertaining who I have absolutely nothing to do with.Posted by Rachel Corrie’s Flatmate on 2006 10 26 at 02:07 AM • permalink
- I would, but I’ve got an IBM and not a Wang.Posted by andycanuck on 2006 10 26 at 02:21 AM • permalink
- “I wouldn’t touch it with a plastic one.” – Unknown (maybe Ringo Starr)Posted by The_Wizard_of_WOZ on 2006 10 26 at 02:28 AM • permalink
- A misunderstanding at Right Wing Conspiracy HQ…
RWDB 1: “Sir, What shall she do with all the whiny, self obsessed, leftoid brats?
RWDB 2: “Fuck ‘em”
RWDB 1: “Yes, but do we have time?”Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2006 10 26 at 02:38 AM • permalink
- Come on, CL might be on to something.
Besides, imagine the hilarity: Play along as an earnest, heartful lefty, then, just at the right moment. (climax or what have ye), whisper something into her ear like:
“John Howard: Best Prime Minister ever.”
Then hold on for dear life!Posted by Quentin George on 2006 10 26 at 03:12 AM • permalink
- 32 comments on this thread and Miranda hasn’t shown up gibbering and spitting yet. It doesn’t seem right, somehow.Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2006 10 26 at 04:23 AM • permalink
A plastic turkey you mean ?Posted by Rachel Corrie’s Flatmate on 2006 10 26 at 05:07 AM • permalink
- I’d do her. What was it that some gal here called it, maybe 2 years ago? Radical rodeo?
You dress up like a barking moonbat, Che shirt, beret maybe, sandals, the whole shebang. You meet up with her at an anti-war rally where you hold the biggest Bushitler puppet. You take her back to your place and you begin the courting dance. And once you’re in the midst of some hot serious coitus, you tell her you voted for Bush. Twice.
Best. President. Ever.
And then you try to stay on, until completion. I always wanted to see how I’d fare.Posted by wronwright on 2006 10 26 at 06:00 AM • permalink
- Oh rats. Quentin George beat me to it.
Course, he didn’t mention the name of it. So maybe half credit still goes to me. And half the royalty payment from Tim.Posted by wronwright on 2006 10 26 at 06:17 AM • permalink
- Actually, Tim has missed the defence of Media Watch from the man himself in The OZ. It was so funny it deserves a right fisking, which I thoughtfully provide below at the risk of offending Andrea because of its length:
Watch the end draw near
MEDIA Watch, at least as we’ve known it for the past 18 years, is in serious trouble. The conservatives on the ABC board and their claque of opinion page urgers want a prominent scalp…. they’re determined to have the watchdog neutered, or preferably put down.
Glad that you clarified that the purpose of MW is to act as a watchdog against ‘the conservatives’, Mr Salter
The program is partly to blame for its own fate, reduced to fighting on fronts it should never have opened….. The new managing director insists the show must change or die, and his sword arm has been strengthened – some may even say directed – by one man, Gerard Henderson.
Cue evil music, preferably the music that plays when Darth Vader arrived at the Death Star….
Henderson wrote to Media Watch executive producer Peter McEvoy that the program “should be the occasion of debate and discussion about journalism”. Later in that email (copied to the director of television) he hammered the same theme with the same words, saying it “should desist from its one-sided advocacy and facilitate genuine debate and discussion about the media”.
What a despicable concept! Well at least the people that run the ABC would never fall for that.
… Here’s new ABC boss Mark Scott speaking at Henderson’s Sydney Institute last week: “I have encouraged the director of television to work with the Media Watch team to review their format and content next year to ensure there is more opportunity for debate and discussion around contentious and important issues.” (In ABC management-speak encouraged means ordered and ensure means “make it happen or you’ll be posted to Wagga Wagga”.)
Bastard! Who does Scott think he is? (lefty in drag, IMHO) Next Scott will be claiming that it’s the managing director, not the staff that runs ‘our’ ABC. BTW what’s wrong with the metropolis of Wagga Wagga? Inner urban snob! Enough of this! How about some brief introspection?
To be fair, Media Watch has brought much of this carpet bombing on itself. It has strayed too far from its original brief and standpoint.
Good so far, but then somehow manages to completely deviate off the rails…..….
The program’s survival always depended on the discipline of confining itself to text-based criticism: tough scrutiny of what the public reads, watches and hears every day. Media Watch was never designed to tackle the broader issues of journalism. It must principally be about the practice of the craft. That’s the only legitimate ground from which to launch strong critical opinion and expose.
So what does Mr Salter think went wrong?
The initial damage the program did to itself a few years ago was the decision to begin offering the objects of criticism an opportunity to respond before the segment was broadcast. This was, no doubt, a well-intentioned attempt to spike the guns of those who wished to claim right of reply or deplore the program’s lack of balance. But no such rights or obligations to balance apply to criticism of art, music or cinema. Media Watch works effectively only as a vehicle for individual comment, not as some “we said/they said” badminton match.
Once that process became standard to the program’s modus operandi, Media Watch had started digging its own grave.
Phew, that’s a bit long winded. To paraphrase, it was OK as long as we were able to say whatever we liked. MW is art, you neanderthals. Once we let the buggers defend themselves, we often ended up looking stupid and like we were running an agenda.
…….what could be duller television than teams of media bores blathering on at each other for 13 minutes every Monday night?
Good point, finally. To hazard a guess, I would say one lefty wanker attacking their ideological foes while ignoring the beam in their fellow travellers’ eyes would be duller. Personally, with the development of blogs, a weekly show like this is well past its use by date. How about a show summarizing the week’s blog exposés of the MSM and subsequent debates in the blogopshere? Hmm, better go patent that idea.
- Nah. Afraid I would not root her with your wang, Wronwright. Jeez, check out the pics! That is never a prime determinant, but add the leftard-airhead-richgirl and the sheer conceit is enough to put anyone but a muslim off. Even then he’d probably do the local livestock first, by choice.
She and baby Assad are the only hominids on the planet to have antichins (like antimatter is to matter, so is the antichin to a chin).
SO they have to be the last sad remnants of a long forgotten failed subhuman hominid species.
We owe it to Gaia to have them breed to maintain the existence of this endangered species of chinless, brainless ape.
- #36, Radical rodeo? That’s an interesting thought.
Do you think you could get off a rape charge if,in the middle of “some hot serious coitus”, you said something like that about Bush (or Howard) and she started yelling, “No, no, nooooooo!”?
Just wondering, in a semi-serious way, and not trying to be a kill-joy. The question probably wouldn’t have occurred to me except that I’m a female who doesn’t believe in having sex with someone just for fun and just because they haven’t been hit with the truly ugly stick and are immediately available. What might be your defence?
- Oh dear. Entropy’s post became pretty meaningless as a fisking because I have no idea what was a quote and what was a ‘fisk’, way too many italics, and all posts now numbered as “1.”
Careless people, old bean. Left the lid off the jar again.
I could probably download Firefox or junk this usually efficient Mac for a PC, to see the full thing, but that seems just a little extreme.Posted by Pedro the Ignorant on 2006 10 26 at 08:33 AM • permalink
- Pedro and Bonmot, believe it or not you got the Reuters photo shopped image of Ms Hardy.
This one is a more accurate likeness of the cow
- Is Ms. Hardy’s wangable checklist negotiable? Would one get a peak-in if, say, one was staunch and pro-war and liberal but not – as I am not – a monarchist? Would that warrant second base, at least? These are but a few among the many important questions raised here!Posted by rick mcginnis on 2006 10 26 at 09:26 AM • permalink
- #41 Janice –
Do you think you could get off a rape charge if,in the middle of “some hot serious coitus”, you said something like that about Bush (or Howard) and she started yelling, “No, no, nooooooo!”? … What might be your defence?
Defense? I’m a lawyer Janice. I would razzle dazzle her with latin terms like “res judicata” and “ipso facto”. And if that didn’t work, I would run like the wind.
Actually, I was thinking about this also. I recall reading the wretched writings of Katharine MacKinnon (“all hetereosexual sex is rape”), Andrea Dworkin, and other cattle. I do remember their assertion that a woman has a right to say no at any time, even in the midst of sexual intercourse. I thought when reading this that I absolutely agree that a woman has a right to say no at any time. The man must respect that right, as well as can be reaonably expected. But at what point does it become unreasonable to expect the man to stop his sex motion like turning off a light?
Indeed, if a man has been in motion for several minutes, all the time given expressed permission by the woman, even encouragement, and has given the bugle cry for the final charge up San Juan Hill, can a woman say “STOP!? I guess she can. Yet if the man doesn’t stop, being a man taken over the sexual frenzy, would he be committing an act of rape? I supppose it depends on who you ask.
I think as a practical matter, if whatshername (please note, I would remember her name prior to climax, I might not remember afterwards) agreed at all steps in the encounter to a further advancement on the road to Yahoo!, and only said NO seconds prior to climax, I can’t see any court that would rule that it was rape. Certainly not if there are any men on the jury.Posted by wronwright on 2006 10 26 at 09:46 AM • permalink
- #43 Maryeke “loves it when people say horrible things about her”,has a lingerie line called “I only put out for boys who vote Left”-(but how would they know till they get to the underwear) and “has a big red streak running through her-has strong Left leaning views”…
So that’s what she’s doing on the sofa in Philip Adams’ museum -er living room.
- I wouldn’t piss up her c**t if her kidneys were on firePosted by Son of a Pig and a Monkey on 2006 10 26 at 10:49 AM • permalink
- Is it just me or does she bear a striking resemblance to Janeane Garofalo.
- #53 yeh, but would she “do the sheik”?Posted by coot+heron on 2006 10 26 at 12:02 PM • permalink
- I can’t make up my mind. Does she really look like Mary Ann, or does she really look like the young Zasu Pitts? In CL’s link, she definitely favors the former, while in the other photos she resembles one of those plastic birds that you put at the top of a glass and it leans over to dip its beak in the water and then rises again. Did Reuters provide one, or both, of those photos?
- Embarrassing Disclosure:
I would, if necessary for duty to God, Queen and Country, lay my Louisville Slapper [tm] on or about the person of Miss Whazzername.
Then drop her off in front of the mosque at closing time.
Does this make me a bad person?Posted by Harry Bergeron on 2006 10 26 at 05:44 PM • permalink
- I could not possibly allow a staunch monarchist conservative pro-war liberal to stick his wang in my business. That would make me feel dirty in a bad way.
This is an absolutely astonishing thing to say. Ladies, before you get up in arms about the crudities here, you should take a look at this woman’s blog. She does not invite respect, is all I can say.
I did, however, learn one thing from her:
Puce. Puce is the new black.
For the record, the color isn’t the first thing I thought of.
- From the Australian article about her:
It features witty and/or biting political messages on such must-have items as “Sorry truckin’ hats”, heartshaped Bob Brown cushions, “Joan ‘Jett’ Kirner” and “Spot on, Joan” handbags, and “I Only Put Out For Boys Who Vote Left” lingerie. Hardy says the items are “quite irreverent and comedic, a way to get young people in and thinking”.
“Sometimes you can reach a lot more people using humour, or a funny pair of knickers, than you can by standing on a street corner hitting them over the head with a sign.”
Really? I wonder how many ex-RWDBs can trace their “road to Damascus conversion” moment to the time they saw a “Joan ‘Jett’ Kirner” handbag??Posted by AlburyShifton on 2006 10 26 at 08:16 PM • permalink
- PREDICTION DEPT.
“I could not possibly allow a staunch monarchist conservative pro-war liberal to stick his wang in my business.”
Look for a sharp decline in the rate of STDs in the monarchist conservative pro-war liberal population.Posted by Dave Surls on 2006 10 26 at 10:32 PM • permalink
I shouldnt but heres a lovely story from the detention days.
We had a bunch of protesting ferals turn up unannounced one day and they were told to come back tomorrow for visiting detainees.
They were the full tickle, tie died pubes and bunches of armpit hair untouched by man nor beast.
The local nightclub/watering hole was only about 100m up the road so after work a bunch of us got into civvies and went out on the piss. The ferals were there (Id met some so sat out of the fun) all half cut and fully stoned.
I bet Shari (Male, muslim, morals of an alley cat) one of our officers he wouldnt go on a “pig hunt” and score a root off one of the delightfull ladies.
He knew all the lefty buttons to push and between that and being suitably ethnic looking (Malay) took about an hour to bag one.
They turned up for the visit the next day and we had arranged for Shari to be manning the front desk in full uniform. You ever seen a ducks arse? thats what this birds face looked like when she saw him
The man was a ful on legend!!!!Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2006 10 27 at 03:46 AM • permalink
- As one who has had the pleasure of spending the occasional evening with Ms Hardy (alas no intercourse outside of intellectual) I can safely say that your wonderful postings here prove her correct.
Have a look at the head on it. Even a skin full of Bundy wouldn’t help.
Not even with Bob Ellis’s plonker, with a guaranteed dose of clap to result and a penicillin shortage announced.
I’d root a black snake with an infested arse before I’d grace you with the pleasure of my proudly conservative stump grinder. You wind blown, pinko, sea hag.
Take a holiday involving sex and travel.
And so on it goes. Is there any irony to be found on this site? Hmm… lemme see. The fucktards making the above comments are the same ones condemning the Sheik for his opinion on women he doesn’t know. Oh glorious irony- how delicious you are!! …and don’t even get me started on the irony of a bunch of right wing circle jerkers knocking back a root from anyone or anything.Oh and by the way- she’s so damn hott in person you viagra-dependent boys would cream your y-fronts from just a glimpse. Oh and while you have hours to think up your witty comments here, in person you would wither, stammer and your tongue be swallowed like so many tuff nuts before you. Tim Blair talking to Marieke would be like watching Mr Squiggle on valium talking to Miss Jane.
Note: Reply all you want. You’ll simply prove the point.
- MUI – So, she wouldn’t root you either? You poor deluded fuckwit. And to think that half the reason you became a pinko, luvvie, loser was because you thought the girls were free and easy! Try the Fabian Club, they’re really desperate.Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2006 10 27 at 04:21 AM • permalink
- # 47, Wronwright
Thank you for that. I also think a woman has a right to say no at any time. Who knows? Maybe something got busted and she’s in pain.
I suppose the simplest solution for a man determined to play the game (despite the other possible consequences to himself – disease, hardening of the heart, wounding of the spirit) would be to avoid making the attack statement in the middle of the business and instead wait until it was at its climax or just past it. The rodeoing would be minimised and it’s unlikely that you’d then be welcome to stay for the night. But the latter could be a plus – at least for men who don’t find sex to be an extremely effective soporific. There would be no need to explain why it’s necessary that you leave straight away.
Anyway, she’s a stupid, uncouth girl. Why she thought it necessary to refer to her sexual appetites and apparatus in this way is beyond me. No class at all.
- she’s so damn hott in person
Well, having low standards will do that to ya. Most of us here tend to find abject stupidity a bit of a turnoff, so Marieke doesn’t rate very highly.
Tim Blair talking to Marieke would be like watching Mr Squiggle on valium talking to Miss Jane.
Possibly. She doesn’t seem to be the kinda girl who’d let a guy get much of a word in. Well, since by your admission she doesn’t let even leftoid guys get in anything else, either, I suppose she’s at least being consistent.
Good luck in your effort at getting into her panties by playing white troll knight on her behalf here, BTW.
- “alas no intercourse outside of intellectual”
That’s good. I’m in favor of anything that cuts down on the odds of leftys reproducing, just in case leftardism is a genetic disorder.Posted by Dave Surls on 2006 10 27 at 12:28 PM • permalink
- Apparently… “In her past 49 columns, Janet Albrechtsen, the great Middle East thinker and expert on terrorism has written eight anti-nanny state/values crisis articles, six pro-Howard, eight anti-Labor, 11 Good News from Iraq/Muscling up to Terrorism pieces and a dozen articles lampooning liberal feminism, liberal judiciaries, liberal teachers and historians, etc. Is this what ABC Board member Albrechtsen calls objectivity?”
Must be all lies I guess.Posted by Miranda Divide on 2006 10 28 at 08:04 PM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.