The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 3rd, 2017 at 11:50 am
Matt Welch gains an insight into Australian journalism:
Tim Blair, who is flying over the Pacific as I speak after a fine weekend of n’er-do-welling in L.A., occasionally likes trying to convince me that if I marinated daily in the hellbroth of dullard Australian commentary, why, I’d be a conservative too! I think he’s just trying to justify his unseemly man-crush on Zell Miller, but reading Caudillo-fluffing rot like this almost makes me wonder.
Author of said rot, Andrew West, is a cheery fellow; met him last night at the Walkley Awards. I must stop going to these things. People are too friendly. Lateline host Tony Jones—interesting guy, and not as reflexively leftoid as might be assumed—began a long chat with this smiling remark: “Oh, yes. The guy who called me Snowcone Tone.”
- Welch and Zell Miller…Posted by Jim Treacher on 2005 12 02 at 02:45 PM • permalink
- Listen, Blair [hope yer no relation], the next time you visit the U.S. of A. and don’t pass through Dallas, I’ll start supporting the Poms during the next Ashes.
By the way, in OUR house you can smoke inside…
Kim du ToitPosted by Kim du Toit on 2005 12 02 at 05:18 PM • permalink
- Rebecca, it’s been a long week, and the sick imagination was running wild. Would beer goggles help?
Or with CB’s reference to fishy smells, have I missed a key point here?Posted by Flying Giraffe on 2005 12 02 at 08:42 PM • permalink
- Tony Jones can’t afford to be as reflexively leftoid as might be assumed, he’s too rich and fat for that. I refer to him as fat Tony. Talk about a decadent lifestyle. On air for barely half an hour four days a week, numerous “breaks” throughout the year and virtually the whole of Summer off! Just like Kerry O’Brien! The silly, old BASTARD!
- I never assumed Tony was reflexively leftoid, just that he’s smart enough to know his audience:
“Lateline’s audience is 45% ALP … and only 29% L-NP.”
La Taylor, sick of Joan’s cruel on-stage/on screen barbs (‘mayonnaise on her asprin’ etc), invited Joan for lunch. Liz was so friendly, charming etc that Joan promptly dropped her from the act.
Just don’t start hanging around Margo – a few beers, she invites you back for coffee, a snog on the couch… and hey presto, you’re waking up in a strange bed. Now where would that leave your blog?