The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on June 15th, 2017 at 03:09 pm
Margo Kingston takes time out from her crucial people’s inquiry to examine official organs:
As we face the fact that our government and its organs cannot be trusted to respect the rights, or even the humanity, of innocent Australian citizens, the same government and its organs are calling for the downgrading of citizen’s protections agains abuse of power by the State with a view, perhaps, to the legalisation of state torture.
In tandem, as we face the fact that our government and its organs make terrible errors with dire consequences for the lives of innocent citizens …
Citizens must TRUST the good faith of governments and their organs, and firmly believe that they will not abuse their powers because they RESPECT their own citizens.
Trust your organs, citizens! Do not allow them to be abused! Kingston’s organic rant is in response to academic thoughts favouring torture, under particular conditions. Margomite Yutaka would prefer to risk death:
my preference is to risk being blown up rather than to have torture available to ensure my safety
I like your style, Yutaka.
Would Yutaka prefer to be actually blown up than have torture available? I like your evasiveness, Yutaka! Among other Margoloid replies:
Daniel Boase-Jelinek: Australia under Howard is following in the footsteps of Nazi Germany.
Spoken like a true Jelinek.
Carl Baker: Give up people; we have lost the War on Terror. All it took was 19 men in 4 aircraft 1 day to bring the United States and Australia to our knees … Will the apologist right-wing have the guts to stand up and protect the freedoms they hold so dear? Or will they acquiesce and lie down like dogs to be kicked in the guts once again?
If we’ve already lost, what freedoms remain to be protected?
Roger Fedyk: There is something chillingly reminiscent of pre-war Nazi Germany, where it became acceptable to speak of ‘untermenschen’ and the fact that some persons had less rights than others.
Hear that, Poland? Australia is coming after you!
- It appears that Peter McEvoy and Liz Jackson have stolen a march on the ‘get a pole’ campaignPosted by Just Another Bloody Lawyer on 05/17 at 02:18 PM • #
- How is a University professor a government organ?Posted by Susan Norton on 05/17 at 02:58 PM • #
- Easy on the Jelinek-bashing there… As a person of Jelinek descent, I assure you that not all equate Howard with Hitler (even if both DO start with an ‘H’).Posted by lewisinnyc on 05/17 at 03:32 PM • #
- While they always say they’d be blown up so that no terrorist would have to suffer physical abuse while in custody, they never follow through and actually be blown up.
It is, as is the case with most leftist assertions, just so much holier-than-thou meaningless hypothetical sophistry.Posted by Mike Jericho on 05/17 at 04:56 PM • #
- Roger Fedyk is a total loser. He is so sensitive that a joke about Bob Brown grasping the Nettle sent into a toewer of rage that had every right winger swinging from lamp posts for “homophobia.”
Like most Margolians the man is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, or as they say in exclusive Eastern Suburbs drawing rooms:the wheel is still spinning, but the hamster has long since died.
- Roger Fedyk: There is something chillingly reminiscent of pre-war Nazi Germany, where it became acceptable to speak of ‘untermenschen’ and the fact that some persons had less rights than others.
Even this is a statement of appeasement to Nazi ideology. Many societies exist today where some persons have less rights than others. Eg Criminals in Jails.
What Distinguishes Nazi ideology is that
Certain people whose selection is based solely on race DID NOT HAVE THE AUTOMATIC RIGHT TO LIFE.
- There was a lot of appreciation of Mark Latham’s organs I remember.
“Thanks for the memories, Mark. And your guts.”
– Margo Kingston post election.Posted by underscore on 05/17 at 06:04 PM • #
- They don’t realise that Margot doesn’t exist! The Nazi/Liberals created the site to attract the moonbats and now they have tracked them all back to their source using the corrupt ASIS.
There will be a “night of the Long Knives” and they will all disappear. A junta will be set up. Howard will never step down. His mummified body will still be Prime Minister in the year 2050!
Sleep well tonight.
- She really is quite mad, isn’t she?Posted by richard mcenroe on 05/17 at 07:38 PM • #
- Margo’s big on organs- here she is tootling away on a fuge for a fan.
- The Greens are calling for Bagaric to be sacked from the Commonwealth’s Refugee Review Tribunal because of his paper on torture.
Bagaric said “It would only be defensible in circumstances where its the only means possible to save a large number of innocent lives.”
For the Greens, merely bringing up the debate is a bad career move. And why are the greens protecting refugees from something intended to be used on terrorists in extreme circumstances. In any case, I think if anyone isn’t prepared to use torture to save thousands of lives, then maybe they shouldn’t be sitting on any refugee panel.
- Speaking of Stalin and organs, here’s a combo of the two that the government could find quite effective in answering Margo and her managerie’s queries.
- …are they after our precious bodily fluids as well?Posted by Patrick Chester on 05/17 at 09:31 PM • #
- Do you think that Margo’s fascination with organs has anything to do with her sex social life, or is she just a music lover?Posted by scott crawford on 05/17 at 09:58 PM • #
- WomBathed – I also find the idea of state-sanctioned torture very disturbing, because these things have a way of trickling down and no government bureaucrat can really be trusted..
But if your most loved person in the world – your child or wife/husband – happened to be in the hands of Islamic fanatics who hack off people’s heads with blunt knives, and there was a very good chance that their whereabouts could be found out by torturing a captured terrorist – what would your answer be?
- There is no need to get into the morality of torture.
The simple fact is that what a person says under torture (or the threat of torture) is unreliable. People will say anything to stop the pain.
This joke as an example:
Try to catch the rabbit
The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), The FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch it.
The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do not exist.
The FBI goes in. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and they make no apologies. The rabbit had it coming.
The LAPD goes in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear is yelling: “Okay! Okay! I’m a rabbit! I’m a rabbit!”Posted by pog-ma-thon on 05/17 at 10:39 PM • #
- I remember Ripper from Dr Strangelove obsessing over bodily fluids, now Margo is obsessing over organs.
How times change.Posted by Aging Gamer on 05/17 at 11:17 PM • #
- Aging Gamer — “Just you and me, Jack…”Posted by richard mcenroe on 05/18 at 01:23 AM • #
- WomBatHed: Timothy McVeigh:
Now, let’s see. In countering the claim that…
99% of terrorists are Muslims
…you manage to name two people and claim to know the religion of the Anthrax postman – I’ll add Eric Rudolph. That’s four (assuming that you are, by some miracle, correct about the Anthrax terrorist). We’ve still got a long way to go – add radical Greens, Irish Republicans, Basques, Colombian Maoists and Tamils. That’s a ton of people. But, you know what? I reckon the 99% figure is still not that far off.
Anyhow, a great source of info on the subject is The Terrorism Knowledge Base
- I just realised that title is in reference to Dr Strangelove.
You can tell it’s E3 week, late nights arguing with anti-Nintendo cretins over whether Nintendo is about to implode, the same old shit I’ve heard for the past 5-6 years, it’s as if Margo had a kid brother.Posted by Aging Gamer on 05/18 at 05:12 AM • #
- Mr W/Hed is confused. Tim McVeigh and the Unabomber were ‘insurgents’ not terrorists.Posted by Deo Vindice on 05/18 at 05:24 AM • #
- “and its organs” is strangely reminiscent of the “precious bodily fluids” rant of the deranged general in Dr Strangelove.
It shows how incredibly ignorant of history these jokers are to mistake our tolerant pluralistic society with Nazi Germany.
Margo should sack her psychotherapist and double her antispsychotics.
- Can we assume one of the organs Margo is not obsessed with is “fresh brains…”?Posted by richard mcenroe on 05/19 at 10:02 AM • #