The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 9th, 2017 at 12:58 pm
The PM meets the peaceful:
Violent scuffles have broken out between police and Lebanese protesters who mobbed Prime Minister John Howard’s car as he left a Liberal Party conference in Perth.
Mr Howard was leaving the WA Liberal Party state conference when about 200 protesters, many of whom were waving Lebanese flags and shouting “we want peace”, mobbed his vehicle.
Protesters punched, kicked and threw projectiles at Mr Howard’s car as police struggled to keep them at bay.
The Ozbollah are displeased by an imagined global consensus:
One of the protesters accused Mr Howard of supporting Israel at Lebanon’s expense.
“The whole world is supporting Israel, the whole world is watching innocent people dying today as we speak,” he said.
Via J.F. Beck and Week by Week.
- Wouldn’t be wonderful if the whole world was supporting Israel. Unfortunately it is only the usual mainstays of peace and democracy, Australia, Britain and the USA who are doing so despite the craven lefties and jihadists that reside in these countries.Posted by Hoges on 2006 07 29 at 04:16 AM • permalink
- That is the way; attack people who have nothing to do with what is upsetting you until they realise how peaceful you are. That is just like the old hippy with his oil burning VW, blowing smoke everywhere, calling for people to take care of the environment.
I wonder if the police showed how they to want peace by belting the idiots.
- Our Dear Leader is in town?????????
Shit I would have gone and given him a hug if I knew…
Protesters shouted “We Want Peace” as they ‘punched, kicked and threw projectiles at Mr Howard’s car as police struggled to keep them at bay.’
Should we not just shoot these people now and be done with it?Posted by The_Wizard_of_WOZ on 2006 07 29 at 04:20 AM • permalink
- This is the default mode of muslims who live in civilised western countrys, they would never dare act like this in the countrys they come from, substitute assad for howard and think what would happen to these peacelovers, muslims see decency and restraint as weakness, and when we vilify our own nations and history, they despise us for doing what they themselves would never ever do, Winston Churchill said of the nazis that they were either at your throat or at your feet, the same is true of muslims, we have let them know they have nothing to fear from us so they act accordingly.
- OT sort of.
Ant’s book My Israel Question is reviewed in today’s <a >The Weekend Australian</a> by Peter Rodgers, self-described elsewhere as
a former (Australian) diplomat and journalist with wide experience of the Islamic world.
….My Israel Question still deserves a strong readership precisely because it makes us uncomfortable.
(I personally recommend readership of Mein Kampf and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion for precisely the same reason.)
Interestingly, a Google search on Rodgers reveals that in September 2004, in the <a >Sydney Morning Herald</a>, Ant Loewenstein glowingly reviewed a book by Rodgers, Herzl’s Night.
Rodgers’s conclusions will make unpleasant reading for supporters of the Jewish state. Labelling any criticisms of Israel as anti-Semitism in an attempt to stifle debate should no longer be acceptable to those who desperately want peace in the region.
This is an essential and immensely readable plea…….
I suppose tugging each other could be regarded as one step up from wanking.
There is a NYtimes story here about a grand jury investigation into the leaks of government secrets to the NYTimes and the Washington Post.
“WASHINGTON, July 28 — A federal grand jury has begun investigating the leak of classified information about intelligence programs to the press and has subpoenaed a former National Security Agency employee who claims to have witnessed illegal activity while working at the agency.
The former employee, Russell D. Tice, 44, of Linthicum, Md., said two F.B.I. agents approached on Wednesday and handed him the subpoena, which requires him to testify next Wednesday before a grand jury in Alexandria, Va.
The subpoena, which Mr. Tice made public on Friday, says the investigation covers “possible violation of federal criminal laws involving the unauthorized disclosure of classified information.” It specifically mentions the Espionage Act.”
Of course, the Times makes sure that we all know that Mr. Tice is a courageous whistle-blower who has been punished by the government for his views. The usual suspects are backing him.
- Saw the mob on the news, and despite the best and most pro-rioter spin the ABC could possibly put on it, it was quite obvious that it was a ‘palestinian’ organised anti-western rent-a-mob.
The ‘palestinian’ flags and moslem get-up were a dead give away, as were the socialist alliance banners.
Of course, the truly vile keysar was trotted out to mouth the usual pro-terrorist memes to adoring ABC workers.
All the usual boilerplate, basically.
- The Religion of Peace. I hope I never again hear the president, or anyone else in the government, use that phrase. I hope that our government stops worrying about what crazed citizens will do to the Muslims living among us. We infidels aren’t the ones going nuts at every little provocation. Perhaps it’s time we do.
- I followed the link on the Week by Week page to “e-mail correspondence” by the protest organinizers. More of a forum thread but an isight into this bunch of whackos’ (I hope thats all they are) thinking. But if its satire, let me know, eh?Posted by Stop Continental Drift! on 2006 07 29 at 06:53 AM • permalink
- The cops got in a few good whacks on the “peaceful protesters” in Perth when they attempted to block the PM’s car, immediately followed by howls of “police brutality” from some swarthy unwashed cretin shouting at the nearest TV camera.
Followed the usual script fairly well, except there were no big cardboard heads. Very disappointed in the protest organizers.
It is not a proper protest without big heads.Posted by Pedro the Ignorant on 2006 07 29 at 07:11 AM • permalink
- Off topic — this enviro-parody site is pure genius: More Polar Bears Suffering Heat Exhaustion! Vatican Sued Over Katrina! From Mick Hartley.Posted by P. Froward on 2006 07 29 at 07:12 AM • permalink
- We infidels aren’t the ones going nuts at every little provocation. Perhaps it’s time we do.
And making it even more tempting: As cowardous as most Muslims appear to be, you can bet they’d make a quick beeline back for their home countries if Western populations ever did start engaging in some small-scale pogroms.
I hasten to add that I absolutely don’t condone the idea, but if Muslims continue to show themselves as incapable of understanding anything but the strong-horse theory of political power, that’s how it’s inevitably going to end anyway, as Westerners are going to be forced to show them who the strong horse is, once and for all.
Now that IS good stuff, may steal that for the States…How’s this flow, or sound? USbollah?
For Dan Rather, it’d be HossbollahPosted by AlburyShifton on 2006 07 29 at 08:11 AM • permalink
- it was quite obvious that it was a ‘palestinian’ organised anti-western rent-a-mob.
The ‘palestinian’ flags and moslem get-up were a dead give away, as were the socialist alliance banners.
I thought as much: at least two of the guys who threw themselves at the PM’s car looked like stereotypical arts lecturers.Posted by Art Vandelay on 2006 07 29 at 08:14 AM • permalink
- My theory continues to hold true: when Muslims attack and kill others, they’re happy with the result and pass out celebratory candy. When the attacked defend themselves and kill Muslims, the Muslims holler and scream about ‘civilians’ as though the terrorist ‘heroes’ of the Islamic world wear any kind of uniform. The moral of the story: don’t kill us, let us kill you because we are, you must admit we are, superior.
- For the protestors, peace means as many dead Jews as possible. They’re very peaceful that way.
I, OTOH, tend to see the Israelis as benefactors who are helping the incredibly pious reach Paradise.Posted by JorgXMcKie on 2006 07 29 at 09:56 AM • permalink
Labelling any criticisms of Israel as anti-Semitism in an attempt to stifle debate should no longer be acceptable to those who desperately want peace in the region.
It’s also total bullshit.
I can’t find the article, but Allan Dershowitz offered to make a thousand dollar donation to the PLO (his mortal enemy) if anyone could present him with evidence that any prominent Jewish author or writer had ever equated all criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism. Needless to say, his money stayed safe.
The only people who keep repeating this are the anti-Semites who are hoping to convince people that anti-Semitism is a paranoid Jewish fantasy.
Loewenstein also received a literary blowjob in today’s SMH where yet more column inches were devoted to arguing he isn’t allowed space to air his views.
The Australian’s review upset me. Only in the very last paragraph does it concede that the book has significant errors in it followed by an argument we should read it anyway. Surely, the review should have started by saying “here is a book by someone who hasn’t checked his facts”. Normally I would stop reading at that point. The reviewer was as intellectually dishonest as the author he was reviewing.
I should point out though, that neither the SMH nor The Australian have actually reviewed his book. Merely its author. I think there’s something in that…
- heres the bit in Howards speech that obviously pushed the wallys over the edge.
“Mr Howard had said there would be no lasting peace in the Middle East until both sides accepted the right for independent Israeli and Palestinian states.
“There must be an unconditional acceptance throughout the entire Arab world … of Israel’s right to exist in peace and stability, behind secure, internationally recognised boundaries,” he told the conference.
“There has to be an equally unconditional acceptance, including on the part of the Israelis, of the need and the justice in the establishment of an independent Palestinian state.”
Radical isnt it, suggesting each side live in its state at peace with the other?
Thats at least 1 state two many for the beardie weirdies.Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2006 07 29 at 10:35 AM • permalink
- I’d bet that the rent-a-mob came cheap, too….probably 3 beers and a pack of cigarettes each.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 07 29 at 10:37 AM • permalink
- Israel’s …devastating military offensive against Lebanon
THEY’VE FLATTENED TEH AIRPROT !!!
The whole world is supporting Israel
Would that it were so.Posted by Barbara Skolaut on 2006 07 29 at 10:50 AM • permalink
- Ummmm, #28 guinsPen – two suggestions.
1. Airports are already flat (much easier to land the planes if the runway is flat, you see).
2. Decaf.Posted by Barbara Skolaut on 2006 07 29 at 10:58 AM • permalink
- Perhaps the only real debate we should be having now is whether Islam should be allowed to exist.
Far be it from me to suggest that anyone’s religion should be proscribed. However, it is perfectly realistic to suggest that any mosque or Islamic association that encourages or allows public protests against the War on Terror (which includes the present Israeli campaign in Lebanon), or encourages or allows fundraising for same, should have its tax exemptions immediately revoked for engaging in political activity (not sure how that works in Australia). And before our resident trolls start screaming what about the Christians, I have no problem with having that same rule applied to them.
If youve allready been fucked then the point is rather moot.Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2006 07 29 at 12:00 PM • permalink
- Nice job on the airport, Israel!!! A few strategically placed craters, and a major transportation hub is shut down.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 07 29 at 12:48 PM • permalink
- Yeah, Australians out of Lebanon!
Oh, er, um, I guess you already did that . . .Posted by Harry Eagar on 2006 07 29 at 01:13 PM • permalink
- Barbara @30, RebeccaH @32 is spot on. Just practicing my Moonbat.
Airports are already flat…
The ambitious 10-year reconstruction program of [Hariri International] is now largely complete and now Beirut has a world-class facility which has been ranked as among the top in the Middle East
BUT NOT ANY MOER !
ITS BEEN COMPLETLEY PULVERIZED !!
- I find it alarming that the rabble could get that close. But comforting that it isn’t all Bush’s fault this time.
Texas Bob is in Germany on R&R, El Cid, bless him. Verbal intercourse with the likes of us is probably the farthest thing from his mind.Posted by Kyda Sylvester on 2006 07 29 at 03:29 PM • permalink
- Kyda — Well there WAS that embarrasing moment when he tried to right-click Mrs. Texas Bob… but I can say no more.Posted by richard mcenroe on 2006 07 29 at 04:55 PM • permalink
“I hasten to add that I absolutely don’t condone the idea, but if Muslims continue to show themselves as incapable of understanding anything but the strong-horse theory of political power, that’s how it’s inevitably going to end anyway, as Westerners are going to be forced to show them who the strong horse is, once and for all.”
Cue strong language here.
This bullshit where we have to rationalise and excuse every little thing we say has to farking stop.
I am over the political correct legislation and overkill where we feel obliged to cover our arses because there is a very real possibility that some fuckwad moonbat with a chip on their shoulder may take offense and then proceed to bludgeon us with the law.
Thank you, Steve Bracks, thank you, Rob Hulls, thank you all you fucking leftist, terrorist-loving, Soros-fellating, Gore-hugging loose-arsed UN-loving, PETA-funding moonbat groupies.
That includes you, Ant Loewenstein, with your juvenile, ill-educated bleating about your own people and history.
You revel in your own supposed superiority, forgetting that your new clothes are remarkably devoid of substance.
Dude, get a clue.
Please note, this rant is the expurgated version (without the gannets), as I am well aware of the Racial and Religious Tolerance Act of 2001, and that my ranting could possibly construed as racial or religious harrassment or vilification.
This is purely my own opinion, and if it offends anyone, well, I don’t give a shit. Readers should be over 18 and should be more than capable of maintaining an open mind in the interests of diversity of opinion and the tolerance thereof.
/oops. my bad. ranting again. Sorry.
drinks all round and thank you for your tolerance.Posted by Nilknarf Arbed on 2006 07 29 at 09:27 PM • permalink
- How dare these aliens attack our PM. Now we see multiculture in all its truth.
Protest marches should be taboo,why should a bunch of embeciles be permitted to clog up our streets? Let them go back to their screwed up country and protest all they like.
The police must be given the means to control these freaks.Any means.
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.