The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on June 6th, 2017 at 02:23 am
It’s as though he never existed. Drop by Mark Latham’s Parliamentary website and you’ll discover this grim note:
Error: There is no Member ID K26
Even worse, since Latham last year scrubbed the content of his personal site and re-directed it to the main Labor page, visitors to marklatham.com.au are these days confronted by Kim Beazley’s usurping presence. Another Latham site, thirdway-aust.com, is dead; his book is out of print and has sunk to 2,218,944 in Amazon’s rankings, down from 1,083,113 last October.
All that’s left for Latham is to wander Glen Alpine’s lonely streets, a corgi by his side. An overweight corgi.
Which reminds me: Kim Beazley thinks tensions within the Liberal Party will help Labor win in 2007.
pimfPosted by Spiny Norman on 2005 01 29 at 11:54 PM • permalink
- Does this mean that the energy Margo speaks of has finally been collapsed?Posted by Evil Pundit on 2005 01 29 at 11:55 PM • permalink
- Kim does not have to rely on Libs Leadership Languishing. He does, however, have to make Labor look like it understands and accepts the concerns of middle Australia. How you do that and not appear like an “echo” remains to be seen.
“Differentiating” usually means adopting some negative position which gets them pretty much where they are now.
- You should have seen the ALP website after the election. For quite a bit there was bugger all on it. Think Latham’s personal site was out of business for a while prior to the election, and he had certainly stripped it of some of its more inflammatory pieces some time before that.
You can diss Kim’s opinion about tensions in the Liberal Party if you like, but politics is a pretty cyclical business.
When ambitions are thwarted, tensions are bound to arise.Posted by Major Anya on 2005 01 30 at 02:10 AM • permalink
- Mark who? I went over to Margo’s site but I couldn’t find the name. A lot of posts seem to be missing though… (just kidding).
Reminds me of the press release the Film Actors’ Guild sent out about the Academy Awards:
“What Michael Moore movie?”Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 01 30 at 02:24 AM • permalink
- anyone know what ‘iron mark’ will do for a crust now? it must be hard for a forty year old that’s never had a real job apart from picking up glasses in a pub as a teenager. i reckon ‘work for the dole’ pulling out weeds would suit ‘iron mark’ right down to the ground, it’d teach the bastard some humility for a start.Posted by Lucky Nutsacks on 2005 01 30 at 03:33 AM • permalink
- Gibbo you got my hopes up regarding that traitorous scumbag Wilkie (I live in that electorate), but when I went to the NSW Greens site to see his ‘disappearance’ for myself, I noticed he is giving a talk along with Nettle & Larissa Behrendt on Fri 4 Feb at Sydney Uni.
No such f’ing luck!!Posted by ozconservative on 2005 01 30 at 11:18 PM • permalink
- Not Syd Uni but Surry Hills (for anyone who gives a flying..)Posted by ozconservative on 2005 01 30 at 11:25 PM • permalink
“These is no Latham. There never was a Latham. Who is this “Latham” person you refer to?”
Rush Limbaugh’s right, when the Left is out of power, they go completely nuts!