The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on June 6th, 2017 at 02:23 am
The spiritual head of Jemaah Islamiah says he is losing the battle for the hearts and minds of Aceh’s tsunami survivors because of the humanitarian assistance from Australian and US military forces.
A spokesman for Abu Bakar Bashir said the Indonesian cleric, who is on trial for terrorism, regarded the relief operations by Australian and US military personnel as a dangerous development …
- I, for one, welcome our new non-Islamofacist overlords.Posted by Andrew on 2005 01 13 at 02:28 AM • permalink
- In Seven Pillars of Wisdom, T.E. Lawrence wrote that the Muslim treatment for a poisonous snake bite was to read the Koran to the victim until he died.
Whatever works!Posted by Mystery Meat on 2005 01 13 at 04:00 AM • permalink
- It underlines the fact that we are opposed by groups whose attitude is that we are bad regardless of our actions.
With this mindset being propagated by schools and “emirs”, where is the argument going that “the west creates animosity by its foreign policies”?
Such vacuous sloganism deserves one in return – that the real agendum of Islam is the infiltration, weakening, and ultimate destruction of western democracies.
- I saw one of these threatening Islamic monkeys in a report last night on the ABC news. His views were treated with the usual deference accorded to Clerics, Imams and Muftis on the ABC. Had he however been an Evangelical Christian, or even just your run-of-the-mill type, spouting even the most innocuous Christain values, viewers would have been treated with all manner of BBC-style sneer and sarcasm from the sissy-boys running the public broadcaster.
Jill Colgan was at it again on the 7:30 Report, interviewing former Presidents Bush and Clinton, when she suggested that the U.S.‘s failure to develop a Tsunami early warning system for the Indian Ocean had cost over 150,000 lives! Of course the 7:30 Report covered the fire tragedy in S.A., managing to do so in less than 7 minutes which was less than half the amount of time they devoted to yet ANOTHER report on the hapless Mr. Habib!
- I remember one of my Malaysian Uni friends telling me that Bashir and his Jemaah Islamiah mates give aid to the poor as part of their recruiting tactics in rural Malaysia.
Seems like these generous ‘satans’ are hurting his mission.Posted by petedenham on 2005 01 13 at 01:32 PM • permalink
“We are suspicious of the presence of foreign soldiers and their show of force and the minimum publicity given to assistance from Arab states,”
Jeez, maybe the minimal publicity given to assistance from Arab states results from the fact the Arab haven’t done a damn thing worth publicizing. (Other than pledge some money).
“It’s dangerous, this idea by Acehnese that US and Australian forces are their guardian angels – more popular than the TNI (Indonesian Armed Forces).”
Prior to the tsunami, the TNI wasn’t real popular in Aceh. They were an occupying army, enforcing martial law, all in an attempt to put down the Aceh independence movement.
As to the “guardian angel” roles of the US and Australian forces, well, save a persons life and maybe, just maybe, that person will look on the lifesaver as a “guardian angel”.
Downplaying the mercy role of troops working to rebuild …, Mr Anshari warned that they would promote prostitution and the consumption of alcohol in the devoutly Muslim region.
Yes, gosh only knows that Indonesia is completely free of hookers and booze right now.Posted by David Crawford on 2005 01 13 at 02:34 PM • permalink