The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 9th, 2017 at 09:33 am
Sir Robin is reminded by this post of a visit to a New York City mosque:
You see, the Imam told us, Adam was black because he was made from dirt. Ok, I thought. Sure, why not. The Imam went on. He said, we know that bones are white. Therefore, Eve was white. Because bones are white, and she was made from Adam’s rib.
All that would have been fine, except for the fact that throughout, the Imam insisted this had to be correct because it was based on scientific knowledge. This Imam was educated at, I believe, Al-Azar university in Egypt, the preeminent university in the Muslim world.
Now, had this been a Christian saying this (particularly any form of fundamentalist Christian) the Episcopalians in the audience with me (nearly all very liberal) would have laughed and poked fun at the ignorant comments. But these Episcopalians said nothing. At first I thought it was nice that they kept their comments to themselves. Later, when I brought up the comment the Imam had made, several of the liberal Episcopalians actually defended him! And I wasn’t commenting about the man personally, just that I found it curious that he would make such a comment. But the cultural relativism had taken hold.
As Sir Robin says: “When political ideology comes first, other truths are sacrificed.”
- Why not try
FlakeheadLakehead University, paco?
http://tinyurl.com/zcbhhPosted by andycanuck on 2006 08 29 at 12:35 PM • permalink
- #6 paco,
Only Micheal Jackson can explain Micheal Jackson. Now I must burn my keyboard.Posted by Daniel San on 2006 08 29 at 01:30 PM • permalink
- See, I told you it was the EpiscopaliansPosted by Wimpy Canadian on 2006 08 29 at 01:32 PM • permalink
- I’ve heard any number of amazing and stupefying facts courtesy of Al-Azar educated scientists. I think the school is unjustly maligned. It, like so many others similarly misunderstood, is just ahead of its time.Posted by Kyda Sylvester on 2006 08 29 at 04:13 PM • permalink
- The Imam probably believes, quite sincerely, that little devils inside the brass casings makes bullets fly down the barrels of infidel weapons.
For the faithful, of course, AK47s are powered by angels.
Hey, it’s based on scientific knowledge!!!Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 08 29 at 09:25 PM • permalink
- The Real JeffS—As long as they keep believing the rear sight is reserved for Allah’s use in any case…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2006 08 29 at 09:30 PM • permalink
- “I think the school is unjustly maligned. It, like so many others similarly misunderstood, is just ahead of its time”
Ground breaking research continues in their quantum gravity and theoretical cosmology department. The Shia group are searching for the elusive 12th dimension where God has hidden the Mahdi, the 12th Imam. On the other hand the Sunni string theorists believe the number of dimensions can be no greater than 11 as prescribed by the infidel Witten in his M-theory, the unification of five previous superstring theories.
Jocular and good natured debate ensues in the staff canteen.Posted by Whale Spinor on 2006 08 29 at 11:16 PM • permalink
- These are the guys who think that womens’ hair emits lascivious radiation that causes men to go mad with lust. So it’s not the fault of a man when he rapes a woman you see, he was driven to it by her radiation emissions. That is why females must keep their hair covered with the hijab. Another triumph for the Muslim religious sciences.
You gotta wonder at what cold storage site these guys put their braqins.Posted by Michael Lonie on 2006 08 30 at 12:45 AM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Geez, why did I go to clown college when I could have matriculated at a full-fledged clown university! Well, education is an on-going, life-long experience, so maybe I can go there and pursue my other interests by getting a double major in alchemy and astrology.