The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on July 26th, 2017 at 01:49 pm
Read the whole thing. And then read the comments.
- Wonder if Niall was naked during the chat?Posted by J F Beck on 2005 10 28 at 04:15 AM • permalink
- The webcam (when I went to the URL) shows only the upper half of a (possibly) all naked Niall. That’s still too much information, and I’m off to the troop medical clinical for a sterile eye rinse.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 10 28 at 04:48 AM • permalink
Recently, Niall has joined the political discussion forum I moderate, posting under the name “Endeesea” (I know this because he originally had a link to his blog in his profile, then later removed it).
[url=“http://polanimal.it.net.au/viewtopic.php?t=3211&start=0”] He had this to say[/url] on the benefits of live Internet chat as opposed to blogs and forums:
There is an minor element of personal ethics involved in one-to-one conversations in real time. Perhaps that’s why some people just can’t be bothered. You can, however, retain conversations as long as you wish via the chat medium log. In fact, in my experience, logs have proven to be more powerful than the actual conversation at the time.
For mine, once I’ve said what I wanted to say, I end the convo by saying so. No qualms, no worries about wounding someone elses feelings. It’s easy. Just say ‘goodbye’. Then, I’ve used chat mediums for close on 10 years.
Umm, yes, chat logs are powerful. No worries.Posted by Evil Pundit on 2005 10 28 at 05:00 AM • permalink
- Sorry about the broken link. I spend too much time alternating between BBCode and real HTML. 😛Posted by Evil Pundit on 2005 10 28 at 05:01 AM • permalink
- Re what Nial had to say as mentioned by Evil :
I’ve used chat mediums for close on 10 years.
I knew Nial was a self-proclaimed Wiccan/Buddhist (not that I think any self-respecting member of either would agree), but I didn’t know he was into Spiritualism as well.
Still 10/10 for originality for using French Felines to contact the other plane. 10/10 for originality on his “quotes” of what other people said to him too.
- Not only did he <strike>strike out</strike> the offending passages, and issue a correction ( Kudos for that – that’s the way such things should be done ) but he deleted a fairly inoffensive comment about it too. Both a large bouquet and a minor brickbat for that.
On thought that struck me : In Nial’s obvious confusion, maybe when he said
You’re a much larger human being than many.
he was thinking of his heroes, “Bomber” Beazley and the unspeakable Michael Moore.
- Harharhar. Niall is a bigger joke than Loewenstein.Posted by James Waterton on 2005 10 28 at 06:36 AM • permalink
- Heh, he deleted my comment! Thanks for the screenshot, david.
The good news is, my eyes will survive.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 10 28 at 08:04 AM • permalink
- Niall on penis size and whiteboards.
- I’m confused between the article and the reaction here. Maybe because I don’t know the players like some of you do, but this looked like a pretty harsh hit piece on Chris Allbritton, who clearly deserved it.
Niall basically called him an idiot and a selfish jerk who’s running as fast as he can from Iraq now that it’s actually gotten dangerous for him. And Allbritton writes into the comments furious because he’s not running, he’s walking briskly.Posted by tim maguire on 2005 10 28 at 09:51 AM • permalink
- Actually, that comments part confused me too. Of all the things to complain about, why did Allbritton choose that?
Was Niall really not being sarcastic when he called Allbritton “a much larger huuman being then many?”Posted by tim maguire on 2005 10 28 at 09:57 AM • permalink
- OT: With a little help, Michelle Malkin demonstrates how laughably despicable is the New York Times.
- Embarrassing.Posted by Tony.T.Teacher on 2005 10 28 at 09:35 PM • permalink
- Niall in the nude is more than I want to think about.
What a strange man.Posted by Major Anya on 2005 10 29 at 12:05 AM • permalink
- Niall’s gone widescreen!