The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:30 am
NBC is pulling a Mushtaq Omar on NASCAR. Seems to be causing the same non-result, as Michelle Malkin reports. Here’s how things worked out for Mushtaq, who commented here for some considerable time hoping to expose this site’s vile racism:
My initial interest in Mr. Blair’s site was due to certain comments he made.
I have engaged Mr. Blair privately, and enjoyed meaningful interaction with many contributors. With the exception of one contributor, who was quickly criticised by other contributors, I have seen no evidence to suggest that either Mr. Blair, or a majority of contributors are racist.
I am 34 years old, of Egyptian heritage, and a proud Australian who loves cricket and Rugby League.
Mushtaq was eventually revealed to be local moron David Heidelberg.
UPDATE. Vanguard in comments: “You know, I actually miss old Mushtaq. Now there was a troll’s troll.”
UPDATE II. Amortiser has a brilliant idea for NBC: “They should get female westerners to walk the beaches of the Middle East in bikinis and film the reaction.” Or, if US-based hostility and loathing are what NBC craves, they could simply send a Bush supporter to the National Arts Awards. Forget NASCAR crowds; those arts folk are vicious.
- There is more prejudice in NBC than in a NASCAR crowd.Posted by lingus4 on 2006 04 05 at 10:54 PM • permalink
- Dateline has been getting so much negative publicity from this stunt that they’ll probably shelve the project and go back to setting off rockets under pickup trucks—or whatever it is they do these days.Posted by Bruce Rheinstein on 2006 04 05 at 11:22 PM • permalink
- Hell Rinard, all NBC needs to do is have one of their Muzzie props try to run a security checkpoint (a’la Cynthia McKinney), cause a scene with some poor work-a-day cop and film that. They’ll have all the “NASCAR fan = racist neanderthal Bush lied even though he said Islam is a religion of peace a million times” material they need!Posted by Vanguard of the Commentariat on 2006 04 05 at 11:30 PM • permalink
- What’s wrong with setting off rockets under pickup trucks? ;-PPosted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 04 05 at 11:54 PM • permalink
- Oops! Fergot my obligatory “/sarcastic redneck” tagline…..Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 04 05 at 11:55 PM • permalink
- The Real JeffS — I’m guessing you know this, but 1) the truck in question was NOT full of MEA’s, and 2) Dateline tried to tell us the truck magically blew up all by itself (they also modified the gas tank to make sure it would cook off, another fact that didn’t make it into their fake-but-accurate exposé).Posted by richard mcenroe on 2006 04 06 at 12:28 AM • permalink
- You know, I actually miss old Mushtaq. Now there was a troll’s troll. These modern day trolls just can’t seem to keep a thread going. These days its pop in, call a few names, cast a few aspersions, then run back to hide in Kosworld. Righties are mean because they want to keep more of their own money, or they’re racist because they want to protect their homes and families from the thugs of the world. Standard troll boilerplate. Not like the good old days. No siree. They don’t make trolls like they used to.Posted by Vanguard of the Commentariat on 2006 04 06 at 12:28 AM • permalink
- 14. I dunno L4, the old Emster tries hard. Problem is, you can tell she probably has a good heart, she’s just very confused, and the big bad world scares her. She might even be halfway hot, no doubt in an urban decay, earnest social activist kind of way. But she doesn’t come across as a true believer. Maybe with more practice and a stint in a North Korean re-education camp. Jury’s still out.Posted by Vanguard of the Commentariat on 2006 04 06 at 12:49 AM • permalink
CondescendingPosted by Jim Treacher on 2006 04 06 at 01:14 AM • permalink
- Re #12, richard, I’m totally clueless—Dateline actually put rockets under a truck? Did this happen sometime during my deployment? I must confess to complete ignorance on this particular issue. Got a link?Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 04 06 at 01:42 AM • permalink
- re #15, Vanguard, I agree, the world scares Emily, that’s why she lashes out at it so viciously. But I’m not so sure about the confused part; if she does have a good heart, it’s well buried beneath years of hate and contempt for herself and her culture, an attitude that is well settled in her soul. Any lingering doubts would require an epiphany of epic proportions to bring to the surface. But until she ceases with the denial (if denial it is), she will remain an amoral wretch. Or a fool acting like one, which amounts to the same thing.
We will see.
In the meantime, she’s just another half-assed troll.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 04 06 at 01:48 AM • permalink
- JeffS: Yeah, it was in 1992. Kind of a big story.Posted by Jim Treacher on 2006 04 06 at 01:51 AM • permalink
- The best I can do in response is grunt “Huh?” and head to Google….thanks, Jim…..Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 04 06 at 02:04 AM • permalink
- #12 – From Wikipedia under “Dateline NBC – Controvery”:
On 18 February 1993 Dateline NBC aired an investigative report about General Motors pickup trucks allegedly exploding upon impact during accidents, because fuel tanks were badly designed. Although there were fuel tanks design problems with GM cars before, Dateline’s film showed a sample of a staged low speed accident with the fuel tank exploding. Dateline NBC did not disclose the fact that this accident was staged, or the fact that the only reason there was an explosion was that the vehicle contained planted explosives. The viewers were never told about it. It appeared to be a major discovery of investigative reporters…Posted by perfectsense on 2006 04 06 at 02:09 AM • permalink
- I hit Google, perfectsense. Truth be told, I stopped watching all of those “investigative” shows years ago, largely distrusting their stories even back then. So, if I ever saw this, I filed it away under “The MSM fakes and/or exaggerates stories? D’oh!”
But thank you.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 04 06 at 02:13 AM • permalink
The absolute worst thing about that Dateline NBC debacle on the potentially dangerous “side-saddle” Chevy fuel tanks is that it seriously hampered liability claims by persons who were, in fact, injured when the fuel tank in their trucks ruptured and caught fire. I used to know someone who was in an accident in a late-70s Chevy that caught fire. They were not injured, fortunately.Posted by Spiny Norman on 2006 04 06 at 02:26 AM • permalink
- #24 – they were sued, the Wikipedia entry continues…GM investigators discovered a mistake by a study of the Dateline film. GM subsequently filed an anti-defamation lawsuit against NBC.The lawsuit in question was quickly settled by NBC and as a result Brian Ross and a few persons responsible for the incident were fired from NBC, and Ross found employment with ABC News, where he continues to work to this day.Posted by perfectsense on 2006 04 06 at 02:26 AM • permalink
- Oh man! This has brought back a bad memory from my wild youth. My Dad had a 78 Chevy Bonanza pickup (that he really loved). I was driving it around one Friday night in search of girls (and thus didn’t have my radar up) and didn’t notice the car tailing me with two nitwits from a rival school who were out to whup my ass. I made a sharp left turn (not seeing the car behind me – which was right on my bumper). The guy plows into the side of Dad’s pickup, and I watched with horror as the saddle tank ruptured and gasoline spewed into the air. By Divine intervention, the gas didn’t ignite and both of the jerks had been injured enough to take the fight out of them. They were also drunker than Cooter Brown, so when the cops got there – they got the ticket and a night in the poke.
The point is that those tanks were very dangerous and needed to go.
they should get female westerners to walk the beaches of the Middle East in bikinis and film the reaction.
Alternatively, get an Aussie girl in a simple short skirt to walk Haldon Street Lakemba.
Why? Because for years, the Islamic spokes-trad’s have recalled anecdotal and totally unproven evidence of Muslim women being “afraid” to walk the streets, and probably whipped up hitherto non-existent fear within their communities.
On the other hand, there is actual evidence of Australian women being attacked by Muslims.
I’m too uncreative for it, but this post really calls for some NBC-themed additions to the “You might be a redneck if…” joke collection.
You might be a redneck (according to Dateline) if…
…you think women don’t look all that great in burqas.
…you own an American flag.
…you have crazy ideas about Muslims being more likely than others to be terrorists.
…you take your hat off for the national anthem.
…you say “I support the troops” and you actually, really do.
…you think America is a pretty good country.
…you saw a Muslim in traditional dress at a NASCAR race and your eyes widened by a couple of millimeters.
And in a more traditional “you might be a redneck if” vein…
…you blew up a pick-up truck with no help from us.
- 17 – they should get female westerners to walk the beaches of the Middle East in bikinis and film the reaction.
Many years ago my blonde-haired fiance (now wife of 23 years) and I were walking through the concourse at Bahrain airport on a refuelling stop. She was frightened – being ogled by dozens of swarthy Arabs is not a pleasant experience. You’d think they’d never seen a woman before (and perhaps they hadn’t).
And in in the national news today the “rape is OK in Pakistan or if your head is naked” defence is kyboshed:
Ms Wagner rejected the argument put forward by the brothers that their strict Muslim upbringing in provincial Pakistan had contributed to the rapes.
“This wasn’t about culture, this was about abuse against women, and the fact they had the nerve to bring in culture to begin with just astounds me,” [the rape victim] said.
The oldest brother, known for legal reasons as MSK, had argued that because of his upbringing he thought he had the right to rape promiscuous girls. At an earlier hearing he said he thought Ms Wagner had been promiscuous because she had come to his house unchaperoned, had been drinking and had not worn a headscarf.
The two brothers, MSK and MAK, are already in jail for other gang rapes committed in 2002. Yesterday their sentences were extended by between one and five years.
Judge Peter Hidden sentenced MSK on four charges of sexual intercourse without consent with Ms Wagner, with the aggravating circumstance of being in company of his brother MAK and another man.
MSK’s total jail term increased from 22 years with a non-parole period of 16 1/2 years to 28 years with a non-parole period of 22 years. That sentence also took into account a guilty plea to the rape of a 13-year-old girl in July 2002.
22 years for rape is a heavy tariff – murder gets less than that.
What is it about the subcontinent? —
A masseur with India’s Commonwealth Games team has been handed a suspended prison sentence after being guilty of kissing and groping a teenage volunteer at the athletes’ village in Melbourne.
Nabi Dewan, 35, had pleaded not guilty in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court to two counts of indecent assault.
The 16-year-old schoolgirl told the court that Dewan kissed her and grabbed her on the left breast while she was collecting towels from his room in the Games village, in inner suburban Parkville, on March 13…
He sentenced Dewan to one month’s jail, wholly suspended for 12 months.Posted by walterplinge on 2006 04 06 at 04:13 AM • permalink
- #27, Texas Bob: I agree that the tanks were dangerous. Do you think that the best way to convince people that something is dangerous is to lie to them by setting up a demonstration of the danger, only to have the lie exposed? Wouldn’t it have been better to play it straight?
The point where I begin to have a problem is when the producers of what purports to be a news program fixes the evidence. It’s the pathetic “fake but true” substitute for reality that those who hold their audience in contempt use as an excuse for laziness. Once they see how easily a shaved corner here, and a shaved corner there, will cause my square peg to appear to fit into their round hole, all hell breaks loose. It is an insult to be lied to. It is disrespectful of the mind of every individual in your audience to say that you have evidence which will persuade one of this or that, and then to offer make-believe instead.
The thing is that they get caught at it more these days. (I wonder what’s changed.) Then the fun begins as they attempt to justify themselves. Now THAT’s Entertainment!
It is an insult to be lied to.
‘They’ don’t care. ‘They’ are the educated, cultural elites. ‘They’ persuaded a goodly portion of the 57 millions voters for Kerry, that it was OK to hate George Bush, because one of their ilk, CBS, had the faked/forged but true, documents showing nothing…but, ‘they’ did it anyway.
- 31# saltydog, I got off topic reading about the side-tanks. I don’t for one second support this lying BS. They don’t need to create a sting as far as I am concerned. I’ll say it straight up that mulsims are either terrorists or tacitly approve of terrorism (especially directed at the US – which means they are terrorists as well. When a muslim has his arm around me in “friendship” I’m keeping vigil for the knife in the other hand. Think otherwise if you like, its your funeral. And I give less than a fat rat’s ass for any of them.
Oops!! Did I say that out loud??
- SSDD….Media too polarized on Iraq news:
NEW YORK (Reuters) – U.S. media coverage of Iraq is too polarized between “good news” and “bad news” and all sides are missing out on a complete picture, participants in a panel discussion organized by Reuters said on Wednesday.
- As opposed to Mushtaq, LLL became schizoid, commenting this way and that to either try to skewer someone or to get back into line and not be banned. It worked for a while.
The common thread with most of these guys is the ego coupled to deceit about identity.
Spot the crypto troll – pretence about identity (pretended innocence, youth, religion, etc)combined with verbal prolixity and character oscillation.
- I have an idea for NBC Dateline’s next sting.
Have an average American kid wear a red, white, and blue, pair of pants into an Oceanside California school, to check the intolerance of the school administration for outward signs of patriotism in their schools predominately attended by illegal mexican students.Posted by papertiger on 2006 04 06 at 07:14 AM • permalink
- Dear Tim get better soon.
O/T Female African American Democrat Senator in trouble for slapping a policeman’s face.. she blames her new hairstyle – no not HIS.
Also Mediawitch incensed at new Director of Television Kim Dalton for removal of a story.
Monica (she who must be obeyed) Attard and executive producer Peter McEvoy “issued an ultimatum -stop meddling or we’ll quit.”
They believe the story was pulled -not for legal reasons but because it was not in the corporate interests of ABC.
The censored item was about a Melbourne woman who is SUING THE ABC for breach of privacy. (She was identified in two radio broadcasts as a rape victim.This is against the law.The woman’s husband was convicted for the rape.)
Mediawatch was going to make the point that a legal precedent may be set if she was successful WHICH COULD AFFECT MEDIA REPORTING.
The prepared statement read on the show said “It is not appropriate for the ABC to comment on the matter before the courts in which the ABC is involved, where the perception may arise that the ABC is attempting to influence the outcome of the court’s deliberations.” Source the OZ.
If a “senior journo” such as Nanny Attard can’t see the conflict of interest she must be devoid of a conscience.
- Papertiger&El Cid.
Oceanside School District may be one of the few school districts in the U.S. where patriotism is not always a bad word.
You can consider Oceanside to be the home of Camp Pendleton. Camp Pendleton is home to a quaint little fighting force known as the 1st Marine Division.
Plenty of lefty teachers and illegal aliens but the 1st Marine also supplies a buffer.
I don’t know all of the details(what a shock! Heh!), but I believe there is a way of earning U.S. citizenship through service in the military. Some consider the possibility of citizenship precious enough to risk ducking lead in Iraq. I know some have died in Iraq. Some of them have lived in and around that Oceanside School District. To them I give full credit and I am grateful.
- crash, Cynthia McKinney is a US Representative, not a Senator. And I used to live in the district near Atlanta that elected her. Her seat is safe as long as she can keep any other Dems from running against her. She lost her seat the last time just because a warm Dem body challenged her in the primary.Posted by Some0Seppo on 2006 04 06 at 12:38 PM • permalink
- #45 yojimbo,
McKinney’s 4th District (PDF) isn’t as gerrymandered as much as some others, Democrat David Scott’s 13th District, for example, but I recall that it had been altered after the last census to increase the percentage of black voters.Posted by Spiny Norman on 2006 04 06 at 01:19 PM • permalink
- #33 (I think) Texas Bob: Sounds like you’ve figured it out.
I’ve waited since 9-11 for Muslims in the US, and in our allied countries, to step up to the plate. Instead, there is either dead silence, which speaks the loudest, or the whining of a manufactured victimhood. When Muslims consistently paint themselves as victims, even as the entire US government is bent over before them apologizing for Western Civilization, I must draw the conclusion that someone, somewhere, is taking advantage of my good nature and forebearance.
- Maybe they should’ve. As Machiavelli wrote, “it is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both”, and it’s pretty clear that being loved by the Muslim “community” is well-nigh impossible. No point in willingly giving up the other option, then.
At the most base level, they’re simply juvenile schoolyard bullies. Putting them in their place would be much easier if Dubya et al. weren’t having to fight an uphill battle against the Democrats and their media allies all the time (who, naturally, snivel and cower like the good appeaseniks they are); quite frankly, stunts like NBC’s are what encourages Muslim terrorists, not “Bush’s war in Iraq”.
- 15, 19. Well you guys could be right. I tend to be Pollyannish about some things, like the power of truth and light to reform chronic leftism in some cases (Horowitz, etc). But I agree, she’ll still never live down to the standard set by our boy Mushtaq for insidious trollism.Posted by Vanguard of the Commentariat on 2006 04 06 at 10:21 PM • permalink
- Of course appeasement encourages them. They win by default; a very cheap and efficient way to win. I’ve got to hand it to them; they’ve read us very well, indeed.
Like the appeasers, most of the terrorist leaders have been educated in the west, where they learned how to exploit the ideocy being taught there (yes, I spelled it right). The post-modern nihilism of the internationalist’s socially engineered multiculturalism, with its PC based speech codes and other methods of thought control, has disarmed the larger institutions in the culture, and so allows for all kinds of manipulation. Any intelligent terrorist must ask himself how the West can argue back that they have a right to live when they’ve already made it clear just how evil they judge themselves to be? Even those like Bush, who do sorta fight back, can hardly battle the contradictions in the prevelant philosophy. They begin having annual end of Ramadan dinners instead, and talk about the hijacked religion of peace. And going back to the UN, that bastion of corruption on an unheard of scale in all of human history, to talk some more.
Dhimmi, dhimmi, oh mama mama,
Dhimmi, dhimmi, yeah!
Your Mr. Howard has won my admiration. At least he calls a freakin’ terrorist a terrorist.
P.S. About a backlash: At this point we can only hope that we will see a serious backlash. They are begging for it and our government is ensuring, by its tepid responses to every provocation, that there will have to be a backlash if we are to survive. Too bad; I don’t think it would have been so bad if we had stomped on them hard from the get-go. Instead, we have tolerated it all; we’ve stood by and let them spit in our face, and then we’ve apologized for having a face.
Someone said something about bullies on playgrounds. They are right. It’s the same damn thing. You let one guy push you around, and sure as peas are green, the bullies will crawl out of the woodwork and head in your direction. That’s what you learn on the playground when the teachers aren’t around.
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.