The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 5th, 2018 at 01:40 pm
Howard Dean’s progress:
December 8, 2003: “I actually spoke in an African-American church yesterday.”
February 3, 2004: “We’re going to tell all those white boys who run the Republican Party to stay out of our bedrooms.”
February 12, 2005: “You think the RNC could get this many people of color into a single room? Maybe if they got the hotel staff in there.”
There are more people of color currently appointed as secretary of state than Dean hired in twelve years as Vermont’s governor.
- that’s because there was a vast right wing conspiracy to keep tham out of vermont…really, he meant to hire them…yeah.Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2005 02 14 at 11:28 AM • permalink
- Can someone be a racist who doesn’t even know what s/he is saying? He’s not going to let the white boys into his bedroom? Etc.
“De brain bone be connected to de methane bone. Now here’s de random word o de Dean Bone, sprung direct to you from de unconscious bone” does seem to be the model Dean’s thinking examples.
And he has admitted it, saying that he knows the thoughts which seem to merely pop-up into his consciousness must be valid because his unconscious must have “worked” on them. [Or something to that effect.]
I assume he is not a racist, simply because his unconscious has not told him so.
- he’s not a racist because democrats can’t be, silly.Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2005 02 14 at 01:15 PM • permalink
- I was in Vermont this summer. People actuallylike the guy. Of course, they’re talking through all that excellent dope the grow.
Then again, I didn’t see any blacks or Mexicans, come to think of it. I guess they live where people have actual jobs.Posted by Gary from Jersey on 2005 02 14 at 03:07 PM • permalink
- It’s what you say, not what you do that counts in these circles.
Ummm, if there are any white or otherwise boys who run the Republican party reading, you’re…no, that’s too low-brow even for me.Posted by Major Anya on 2005 02 14 at 03:50 PM • permalink
- Sorry, but I’m with Dean on this one. I will sleep with anyone; man, woman or badger. But even I draw the line at the white boys who run the Republican Party. If I found one in my bedroom I would fire a warning shot.Posted by harry hutton on 2005 02 14 at 05:25 PM • permalink
“It’s what you say, not what you do that counts in these circles.”
It sure is.
These are the same people who have stated that Pres. Clinton was our first black president.
The same people who have maligned Powell and Rice (who are REAL black people). They’re also the ones who are responsible for some of the most racist remarks I can recall in recent years.Posted by CJosephson on 2005 02 14 at 07:41 PM • permalink
- He didn’t say he’d use his gun to fire the “warning shot.”Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2005 02 14 at 09:22 PM • permalink
- Or well, some guys call it a “gun.” You know, as in “happiness is a warm gun, bang bang shoot shoot–” I think I’m gonna stop right here.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2005 02 14 at 09:22 PM • permalink
- He’s a supporter of personal gun ownership!
Well I’m in South America. They have a very relaxed attitude to gun ownership and, indeed, to shooting people. In Caracas there are discos that have lockers to store your gun. You may not bring it into the club, but they’ll give it back to you when you go out into the streets, drunk, at 3am. What a fine country!Posted by harry hutton on 2005 02 14 at 11:48 PM • permalink
- Howard Dean: Leading the DNC to yet another Presidential election loss.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 02 15 at 01:51 AM • permalink
- Andrea Harris — More like snubnose.Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 02 15 at 02:42 AM • permalink
- richard mcenroe—snubnose and small caliber?Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 02 15 at 06:23 AM • permalink