The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 6th, 2017 at 01:01 pm
How did Ten’s Cool Aid fiasco rate? It just plain bombed; only 511,000 viewers.
Run ABC programming, and you’ll get ABC audiences.
- and a certain percentage of the 511,000 were RWDB’s just watching to take the piss on the whole carbon footprint scam!!!Posted by debi L. on 2007 03 04 at 11:54 PM • permalink
- While it’s true their wasn’t a huge audience, I understand that the advertisers selling the left handed spanners and Sydney Harbour Bridge real estate were delighted with the public response.Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 03 04 at 11:55 PM • permalink
- I sure hope CUB weren’t contributing advertising dollars to this tosh. They would have been mighty pissed to see Stella Artoir drinkers admonished when clearly most of it is now brewed in Aus.FostersPosted by Viril Brun on 2007 03 05 at 12:02 AM • permalink
The V 8 Supercars started on the weekend with 540,000 people watching on Saturday afternoon and then 710,000 yesterday: higher than figures for Ten.Posted by Change is the only constant on 2007 03 05 at 12:02 AM • permalink
- If someone else has already posted a link to this, apologies.
- We turned off the tv around 8.30pm after a huge stoush over everyone’s favourite jailbait during 60 minutes between my mother-in-law and I, then played a dice game, at which I lost, to a combined team of said mother-in-law and wife (my life has reached a new low). She was upset at the tin can prison cell – I said he was an alleged terorrist trained to cause harm to his captors and keeping him in a traditional prison cell was asking for trouble. She was still upset and said she’d be happier if he was executed than kept like that. I agreed it was sad his sentence was delayed so long.
After a long weekend of back breaking yard work and then bbq’ing Sunday lunch, it was the straw that sent this camel rushing to work, where, sadly, back is feeling better and no excuse not to continue said back-breaking yard work this afternoon.
And now the damn cyclone that promised some much needed rain has flipped off due to “strong winds”. FFS I thought a cyclone generated strong winds?
crazy weather – I blame goreball wormening
- So you mean people don’t like to watch smugger-than-thou “celebrities” telling them what lowlifes they are for eating meat, drinking (foreign) beer, driving their cars and using their clothes driers, while these same “personalities” are flying in from everywhere to collect their fat appearance fees. Who’d have guessed.Posted by under the whip on 2007 03 05 at 12:23 AM • permalink
- #9 Best Bender line: Lick my frozen, metal ass! [while snowboarding on the skiing slope] Too bad they “had” Gore on once.Posted by andycanuck on 2007 03 05 at 12:24 AM • permalink
- I watched about half of CoolAid, after fixing my jaw back into position once I realisd what it was. I’m in favour of energy audits as a matter of practical, cost-effective design.
I took issue with the patronising manner of Sandra Sully (who I was interested to note, slurs many of her words) and the very definite emphasis on “you” the viewer who needs to do something. Certainly no sense that we’re all in this together!
I wanted Sandra and Karl to get audited, as well as the scientist who did the audit.
Personally I’m in favour of any innovation that improves transport, cuts pollution and DEPRIVES the Islamic world of petrodollars. bring on the hydrogen car!!Posted by carpefraise on 2007 03 05 at 12:30 AM • permalink
- Memo: To All Network TEN execs
DON’T DRINK THE KOOL-AID!
This will pass. A blip on the ratings graph (well not totally in Ten’s case), but get counselling.
Who knows, maybe The Simpsons will rate it’s head off tonight. Maybe Sandra will feel better after a good lie down….
BUT DON’T DRINK THE KOOL-AID
Your family loves you.
PS:- In future, under no circumstances venture into areas you know nothing about!
- Why didn’t Kevin Rudd get audited?
Cause Brian Burke provides his offsets!Posted by Viril Brun on 2007 03 05 at 12:39 AM • permalink
- These two statements from the ratings overview sum up the public’s view of the global warming scam completely:
“The carbon test of Ten’s greenery was food in theory but just didn’t resonate with the 16 to 39 and 18 to 49 year old who are the Network’s main targets.”
“Seven though will be happy about a couple of things. The V 8 Supercars started on the weekend with 540,000 people watching on Saturday afternoon and then 710,000 yesterday: higher than figures for Ten”Posted by Jack Lacton on 2007 03 05 at 12:49 AM • permalink
- O/T but congratulations to egg_ for cracking 1000 posts.Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 03 05 at 12:58 AM • permalink
- Being two hours behind the east coast (in Perth), I followed the running commentary here rather than risk accidentally being included in the ratings count by tuning into 10.
Besides, I had to run my most powerful hair dryer on high for ages to defrost the fridge, simultaneously running the washing machine, while I sat in air-conditioned comfort at the computer with CSI on the telly for occasional distraction. Just so you know I’m doing my bit.
- Switched over to,should i say it sbs to watch a doco on a Russian dump. Film crew went to check out a story about a 2 metre super worm living in the dump(no doubt global worming),found no worm but ended up filming for a year the amazing widlife that had made the dump their home.Birds,cats,fox,snakes,beavers,rats,owls ect.
- From a previous thread:
Enquiry re Climate Change Coalition’s (Phatty) Adams Family photo, site back up.
Recent Climate Change Crackpot news:
Overflowing Dams No Reason for Complacency:
“Indicators are looking favourable for entering a La Nina weather cycle, which will hopefully bring wet weather conditions. We must use this time to implement measures to prepare for dry conditions predicted for the longer term”.
- 27. egg
Does that mean phatty will be receptive to his property being forcibly sold to make way for a new dam?
After all its for the common good.Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2007 03 05 at 03:44 AM • permalink
- #30 tfm 🙂
‘specially as Mrs Adams objected to a planned Hunter valley coal mine potentially wrecking the existing lil dam …
At $18.75 per 250ml bottle … won’t be extra virgin after they’re told to shove it!
- #31. I’ve got rellos up in the Hunter Valley, and some of them work in the mines.
Word is that there are a lot of problems with the mining up that way – too many, and not as well organised as they could be.
Also problems with pollution.
This is coming from your average, down to earth aussies, too. Not a pretentious bone amongst them.
The pollutino has been affecting some of the studs up there, and also some of the premium meat production as the quality isn’t as good as it was.Posted by Nilknarf Arbed on 2007 03 05 at 05:02 AM • permalink
- I wonder what it is exactly that people get from denying that climate change exists? I mean, how do they gain from it?Posted by William Calley on 2007 03 05 at 05:36 AM • permalink
- kae, my last trip to Newcastle was actually a soccer coaching jaunt. I ended up returning to my hotel very late, very drunk, couldn’t find my room key or remember my room number and fell asleep in the corridor on the fourth floor. Woken up by a bellboy at four am who helpfully let me in a room I thought might be mine and I ended up getting into bed with a very feisty elderly lady in hair curlers who proceeded to scream blue murder. My mates with me on the trip have NEVER let me live this down.
so much for ‘the stud’…
- WatchED Kylie with sound off-Old boy likes to watch sexy young things-who can blame him. Got to enjoy something in dotage, However I did think that some segments were far too ‘campy and suggestive of simmulated sex also some costumes not appropriate for little fans of 10 to 14 who are dotty about Kylie- some friend with grandkids annoyed about it – it was meant to be a family show.
Glad I did not have to buy tickets.
- I wonder what it is exactly that people get from denying that climate change exists? I mean, how do they gain from it?
#36, true, unlike Gore, Flannery and Suzuki, we don’t make millions from selling hysterical books, dvds and useless carbon credits to gullible lefties.
I think we’ve got to get on that…Posted by ArtVandelay on 2007 03 05 at 06:45 AM • permalink
- I know kae, I was trying to be be flippant (obviously not successfully).Posted by ArtVandelay on 2007 03 05 at 07:01 AM • permalink
- What’s wrong with you people? For the planet’s sake, won’t you even consider ending your wasteful lifestyle, destroy your economy, live in filth and squalor (and utter darkness), give up mechanical travel, eat only what you can grow (using non-Gaia-raping hand tools, of course) simply because we tell you to and without a shred of scientific evidence to support our proclamation that doing these simple steps would in fact reduce glowball womanizing? I mean, come on people! Think of the polar bears!
- #49 TB I am going to RAMP UP my wasteful lifestyle. It is summer in Melbournistan and I have the heater on.
When I think of polar bears, I start to salivate and the prospect of the coat wrapped around my naked body.
I am so far over gerbil werming I’m coming out the other side.
But I did find a tomato plant growing amongst the weeds this arvo and transplanted that to a pot. That’s about as green as I’m gonna get these days.Posted by Nilknarf Arbed on 2007 03 05 at 07:40 AM • permalink
I wonder what it is exactly that people get from denying that ANTHROPOMORPHIC climate change exists? I mean, how do they gain from it?
Less poor people.
Increased quality of living.
Lower rates of death.
Higher levels of freedom.
Little things like that. I know lefties can’t understand why we’re attached to things like that, mostly IMHO because they’ve inherited wealth from those that did.
- #49perivew is my fiend.
Should have read #48, also and = at.Posted by Nilknarf Arbed on 2007 03 05 at 08:17 AM • permalink
- You have to admit there’s something wonderful about calling a Chicken Little global warming show Cool Aid. That’s beautiful.Posted by rightwingprof on 2007 03 05 at 03:32 PM • permalink
- Some channel ten executives will be drinking the Kool Aid now.Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 03 05 at 07:12 PM • permalink
- I saw just enough of the Cool Aid thing [even the title was offputting] to catch the
sensational bit where we see the future of our coastline houses vanishing; ‘This is Port Adelaide’ etc..
Just in case it might scare the kiddies, the producers accompanied the grotesque disaster vision with happy-type music..[i]”It’s ONLY an entertainment show, people”!
Truly bizarre stuff! Armageddon as entertainment…
- Canada has 50% more people than Australia and the CBC would only get 300k viewers. Once again, Canada leads the way 🙂Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 03 05 at 09:01 PM • permalink
- The troll has been banned.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2007 03 05 at 11:04 PM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages