The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 5th, 2017 at 03:45 pm
I’m leaning towards the Deluxe Carbon Debit Package myself.
- Ripping out pages of the Byron Bay Echo and layering them over sleeping hippies as a weed-suppressant mulch doesn’t count, huh?Posted by splice on 2007 05 15 at 04:59 AM • permalink
- No No No!
By chopping down a tree, and letting the chips get buried, you sequestrate far more carbon than Algore ever did! By allowing grass and a new sapling to grow, you genuinely cause a carbon credit.
Like most things to do with Goebbels Warning, this whole thing is a terrible fraud. If carried out on a larger scale, it would actually reduce atmospheric CO2 levels.
Even worse, by killing more O2 breathing CO2 exhaling tasty animals, you decrease atmospheric CO2 even more. The whole thing is a con!
- This is awesome! I finally know what to get my Sister the greenie for Christmas. She “Goat me a gift” last year which involved donating money in my name so some poor dude in a far off land could have his very own goat.
I wanted to get her some Gunns shares, as was suggested here a while back, but it’s difficult to buy shares in someone else’s name apparently.
This more than makes up for it. Thankyou.
- #4 The only problem I can see with air freight it it’ll take a while and I want my barbecued tasty animals NOW!
On the other hand…
If we load them into the back of a B1 bomber, we could freight them at supersonic speeds. Not only will we get our chips faster but think of the extra CO2 generated to maintain those speeds. Then on top of that, imagine how many air-to-air refueling tankers we’ll need to get just one supersonic freight-bomber from the USA to Oz!
For that I’d be willing to wait.Posted by SouthernCrusader on 2007 05 15 at 06:30 AM • permalink
Oh, I hope there’s a few of us buy these. Can you imagine ALGORE spitting the dummy (pacifier) if he received all those emails?? LOLPosted by AlburyShifton on 2007 05 15 at 06:46 AM • permalink
- Check the Vanity Fair take:
The Gorebot dressed as a monk!
- I was in freakin’ awe of what looked like a tracked bobcat with the woodchipper from hell attached. It sliced. It diced.
That attachment would look fantastic mounted on the front of my V8 F100. Another example of mechanical genius. I equate this to being equivalent to the self-loading shotgun or the self-licking icecream.
- Nearly on topic:
Wired reports that scientists have learned how to better model phytoplankton in their climate models. Turns out that the wee beasties are responsible for 2/3rds of the photosynthesis on earth, and were drastically simplified (or ignored) in previous models.
No word yet on how AlGore and his enviroclones will attempt to spin this and maintain the credibility of their consensus consortium.
The GIGO rule of Turing machines: Nearly as big a bitch to “scienticians” as that pesky 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.
- 13, brett_l:
I had heard about that years ago. The argument at the time, iirc was whether it was 2/3 or 3/5 of the photosynth conversion was due to the itty bitty critters.
I don’t remember any details from that day, we were all stoned as hell, but I do recall the consensus was that in order to save the earth, the whales had to die.
Then, I think we went to Taco Bell.
But, I am not any form or sort of scientizer so we could have been talking about ground squirrels and I just got confused.
- Carbon debits? Pffft! Paco Securities can offer forward contracts on carbon debits, with a roll-over feature, that will cancel Al’s carbon offsets unto the tenth generation. We can also fix you up with a carbon insolvency contract – payable to the beneficiary either in instalments under an annuity, or deferred lump sum – that will wipe out any offsets purchased by your neighbors. But what’s really hot right now are reverse-credit magnesium offsets. Remember: diversification of risk is key.
- #24 paco:
Maybe you should start with Pre-boom Anti Cooling Offsets. As you say, risk diversification.
If we kill all the whales, who will protect our submarines from the giant squid (squids)? Predatory Architeuthis Consuming Organisms manufactured by PACO genetics?
Bong rips and Taco Bell, culling the herd of weak cells of the gut, lungs, and brain.
- gibbo—Come on, now, own up. She got your goat fair dinkum…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2007 05 15 at 11:13 AM • permalink
- Man, I could go broke buying this one over and over again!
Carbon Debit Make a Liberal Friend an Enemy Package – $29.95
– 1 “I Took Away Your Carbon Credits” Plaque sent to your friend (specify their address in the comments section when checking out)
– 1 “I Increased my Carbon Footprint” T-Shirt sent to you.
– Certificate sent to you confirming your tree’s demise
Wonder if we get to specify the type of tree? I’d definitely pay to kill black walnut trees.Posted by Barbara Skolaut on 2007 05 15 at 12:45 PM • permalink
- #13 brett_l
It’s MUCH worse than GIGO.
Climate models are all recursive (their previous outputs are their inputs).
ANY ERROR NO MATTER HOW SMALL, will be amplified by recursion, and will result in an exponential increase in the innacuracy of the prediction.
It’s near perfect in -> Garbage out.
All computer models of the atmosphere are a fraud.
- #4 rhhardin, why the chips cannot be airfreighted is simply that the chips are already there.
Read your sentance again:
I don’t see why they can’t air-freight your chips to you.Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 05 15 at 08:45 PM • permalink
- #11 So now I have seen his standard spiel. Know your enemy. This man wants to be president.Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 05 15 at 09:00 PM • permalink
- Hah! Who says there are no more heroes?Posted by Tungsten Monk on 2007 05 15 at 10:11 PM • permalink
- #33, #34. I’ve seen reports he’s losing weight …Posted by Chris Chittleborough on 2007 05 16 at 04:23 AM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.