The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:31 am
Headline: “MILF to hunt down Islamic militants in Mindanao.”
- Eva Longoria could bring any iman to his knees in joyful surrender.Posted by ushie on 2006 05 31 at 11:15 AM • permalink
- No! Hunt me down!Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2006 05 31 at 11:53 AM • permalink
- Me! Hunt me!Posted by stuartfullerton on 2006 05 31 at 11:54 AM • permalink
- You just can’t make this stuff up.Posted by swassociates on 2006 05 31 at 11:57 AM • permalink
- I’m sorry, but I don’t get it. I am vaguely aware that Eve Longoria is a “Desperate Housewife”, but have never seen the show. Does “MILF” have some special significance – I mean aside from its being an acronym for Moro Islamic Liberation Front? Is that Longoria’s nickname on the show or something? Inquiring minds want to know.
its an online abbreviation for “mother i’d like to f…”
You have obviously never visited an online porn site where the abbreviation is (I’m told) ubiquitous. I have not personally seen such things, of course. I was told by reliable sources.Posted by daddy dave on 2006 05 31 at 01:08 PM • permalink
- #7: Oh, I say! I’m not sure inquiring minds want to know that much. On the other hand, I’m spared any future embarrassment in showing my complete ignorance on the subject of sexually explicit acronyms (aside from the clod-footed ignorance I’ve displayed to the few thousand people who visit this site).
- It’s ok paco. you have most gloriously (and graciously) taken one for the Team, and now all those other pacos out there know, and are spared embarrassement by your noble endeavour.Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2006 05 31 at 02:00 PM • permalink
- and i really shouldn’t try to type after a couple of tequilas at lunch.Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2006 05 31 at 02:00 PM • permalink
- #9 Extremely kind of you, Mr. Bingley. I hope it isn’t just paranoia, but I strongly suspect that Wronwright is generating these acronyms just to show me up.
I did finally find out what “PIMF” means: Preview Is My Friend. Oddly, another meaning is Pair In Metallised Foil. For some reason, Madonna comes to mind, but I refuse to speculate further . . .
- No, it’s not paranoia; Wronwright does that to all of us. I think he’s out to get us.Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2006 05 31 at 02:29 PM • permalink
- curse you wronwright!Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2006 05 31 at 03:34 PM • permalink
- #17: First time visitor, David A? Wronwright is a henchman (2nd class), of Karl Rove. A time-traveller. Senior member of the Order of Right-Wing Death Beasts. Winner of various medals, decorations and citations in honor of his single-minded pursuit of a Rovian world. Connoiseur of mead. Dashing ladies’ man. Honors include: The Aquaman Trident for Superior Marine Engineering (something to do with moving lakes); The Medallion of Mercy, for his efforts in finding homes for hidden Imams; The Certificate of Perfect Attendance, awarded in recognition of not missing a single Rovian office picnic. But I will not further embarrass him by listing his many distinctions and virtues. I’ll let him do that.
- Rebecca, I took that same trip. I think it was the fault of Iowahawk that it became necessary. That was another piece of information I found I could do without.
This has nothing to do with that disgusting acronym, but I’ve been meaning to ask if anyone has seen Kyda Sullivan lately. Well, have you? Anyone?
The Medallion of Mercy, for his efforts in finding homes for hidden ImamsThe Medallion of Mercy, for his efforts in finding homes for hidden Imams
Is that what he claims he did? What a load! All he did was drop them off on my deck, knock on the door, and bolt. Those bastards have been eating all my chips and drinking all my homebrew ever since. Every time I try to get rid of them, they wander back.
It wouldn’t be so bad except for the constant fatwa’ing. Gets on your nerves after a while.Posted by Rob Crawford on 2006 05 31 at 05:47 PM • permalink
- I guess I had the wrong MILF! I thought it stood for something like the Mindanao Islamic Liberation Front or something. Thanks again to paco for being the “tip of
Saltydog. You mean Kyda Sylvester? I believe she was going on her relocation search to Prescott, St. George, and yikes, Las Cruces!
- #23 yojimbo, you’re not mistaken. It does stand for something very similar to that. Follow Tim’s link: the headline is a genuine news headline. Hence the mirth (once you’re in the know).Posted by daddy dave on 2006 05 31 at 06:08 PM • permalink
- I assume the MILF will only be able to hunt down the extremists while the kids are in daycare.Posted by Pat Patterson on 2006 05 31 at 06:21 PM • permalink
- You know, it’s very hard to rerad that article and not burst out laughing. Where are these “thousands” of MILFs that are “training in MILF camps.”? Tim, you’re a journalist; we need these questions answered!Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2006 05 31 at 08:00 PM • permalink
- You know, it’s very hard to remember that PIMF, too.Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2006 05 31 at 08:01 PM • permalink
- MILF entered the common vernacular with the release of the movie “American Pie.”Posted by richard mcenroe on 2006 05 31 at 08:49 PM • permalink
- Mr. Bingley: Perverts Interested in Milf Fornication?Posted by richard mcenroe on 2006 05 31 at 08:50 PM • permalink
- Paco and Daddy Dave,
the origin of MILF, I do believe, is actually from the movie American Pie.
One of the characters, Stifler, had a sexy mom, in an over-the-hill sexpot kind of way, but still raunchy. One of his friends has an affair with her.
Hence, the term “Mom I’d Like to Fuck” (MILF) came into existence, and was later adopted by millions of porn websites, after doing the rounds of teenage boy pop culture for a few years.
I still can’t keep a straight face when Anton Ines, newsreader on SBS TV news (Australia), introduces a story about the MILF, with such a deadpan voice. I bet he has to concentrate not to laugh…Posted by closeapproximation on 2006 05 31 at 10:45 PM • permalink
- #30 and #32, thanks for the etymological information. my friend has clearly not watched enough trashy movies. I shall tell him to get off that computer and get down to the local cinema. But if the origin of the expression is really a hollywood movie, there has to be a plagiarism lawsuit in this.Posted by daddy dave on 2006 06 01 at 12:02 AM • permalink
- …oh yeah, richard mcenroe #30 already said about American Pie…Posted by closeapproximation on 2006 06 01 at 12:04 AM • permalink
- #32, I have to try hard not to giggle whenever someone says “Anton Ines”. [for our US friends, ‘Ines’ is pronounced so it rhymes with a part of the male anatomy]Posted by Art Vandelay on 2006 06 01 at 01:24 AM • permalink
- Hahahahaha. I had no idea. I spent nearly a decade in the Philippines from the mid-80s and MILF is clearly etched in my mind as the Moro Islamic Liberation Front. I used to do business in southern towns where these guys had complete control. And I can assure you they are nothing like the MILF’s that I discovered when I did a google search to find out the f— everyone was going on about. Still laughing.
I’ve sent this to several Filipino friends and they are wetting themselves. Expect the MILF (Moro…) to be undermined by people thinking of the second more interesting meaning for MILF (Mothers…). No Filipino will ever read their local press again without a smile (MILF must occur in headlines in the Philippines most weeks).
Best post ever!
their headquarters are in a cave they call Allah’s Glory Hole
Tell me you’re not serious. Is that the MILF version of the bat-cave?Posted by daddy dave on 2006 06 01 at 08:27 AM • permalink
Hey!Posted by Stoop Davy Dave on 2006 06 03 at 02:29 PM • permalink
- Hrmf! I liked the lengthy random semi-coherent media-recap tv-news blurt-out things better, Crash, whyncha do more of those? We already had to widen the doors once this year, so Paco’s big head could get into the secret VRWC HQ.Posted by Stoop Davy Dave on 2006 06 03 at 05:08 PM • permalink
- How you can sustain any humility in a hat as sharp as that, let alone that suit, defies comprehension.Posted by Stoop Davy Dave on 2006 06 03 at 07:57 PM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.