The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 5th, 2017 at 03:09 pm
Strange coldness in Argentina:
Power was rationed in parts of the Argentine capital and four people died from exposure as autumn temperatures dipped below freezing across a wide swath of Argentina on Tuesday morning.
Energy officials briefly limited power to some Buenos Aires neighborhoods, imposed natural gas restrictions on small- and medium-size industry and restricted some gas supplies to neighboring Chile.
Whatever is causing this? An explanation lies in the nation mentioned above; people, behold the still-powerful juju of the Gore Effect.
- Sounds like they need Gore in Russia right now!!!Posted by Pogria on 2007 05 31 at 04:13 AM • permalink
- This sort of thing could be avoided by following the one, true faith.
- The powerful juju? I knew it. Joooos are involved somehow.Posted by wronwright on 2007 05 31 at 06:06 AM • permalink
- Laugh all you want, guys, but I’m starting to get scared. Really scared. Pelosi is causing snowfall in Germany, too.Posted by andycanuck on 2007 05 31 at 08:34 AM • permalink
- Well, andy, Pelosi is almost as cold-hearted as The Goreacle™. Maybe she’s a high priestess?Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 05 31 at 09:46 AM • permalink
There have been predictions that we’re entering into a time of low sunspot activity and that this will cause temperatures across the globe to drop.
The reasoning is that the vast majority of the greenhouse effect comes from water vapor in the upper atmosphere. Cosmic rays help create this water vapor and that cosmic rays come from sunspots.
More sunspots, more cosmic rays, more water vapor, higher temperatures.
Fewer sunspots, less cosmic rays, less water vapor, lower temperatures.
The only problem that I can see with this theory, and it’s absolute Achilles Heel, is that there’s no easy way for me to condemn you Gaia murdering monkeys for driving SUVs.
If these damn scientists add that in, I think we’ve got a working theory! 🙂Posted by memomachine on 2007 05 31 at 10:05 AM • permalink
Well, andy, Pelosi is almost as cold-hearted as The Goreacle™. Maybe she’s a high priestess?
I’m fairly certain she’s been officially ordained by The Goreacle™ hisself, ‘though I can’t recall where (or if) it was announced in the Media…Posted by Spiny Norman on 2007 05 31 at 10:41 AM • permalink
- memomachine—actually, I blame all those damn solar power cells for sucking up the daylight that should be heating the earth…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2007 05 31 at 10:49 AM • permalink
- So, what you’re saying, is that this thing may have been under our noses the whole time?
Hmmm. “Large creature, not human, but walking upright . . . lumbering . . . manlike . . . footprints too large to be human (Ah! Carbon footprints, right?).”
- Al “Woody” Gore’s Theme Song:
Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lawd, don’t they help themselves, y’all.
But when the taxman come to the door,
Lawd, the house look like a rummage sale, yes.
It ain’t me, it ain’t me, I ain’t no millionaire’s son, no.
It ain’t me, it ain’t me; I ain’t no fortunate one.
—CCR, “Fortunate Son”
- You can all laugh now, but when JWH and GWB BOTH start talking carbon trading schemes and carbon reduction goals, I worry for the fight between religious zealots and common sense.
To think that the main reason for doing this is to remain economic conmpetitive and that irony is lost on the shouting greenies who are claiming some victory in this change – it really is not funny anymore.
- In a press conference today the ALP accused the PM of “belittling” Al Gore.
Is it possible to belittle a man of Al Gore’s size?Posted by Villeurbanne on 2007 06 01 at 05:16 AM • permalink
- In other globally warmed news, ABC Victorian Regional Radio’s registered dim-wit Cathy Bedford went looking for someone to explain John Howard’s greenhouse gas report to the masses. And she found the perfect ABC expert. The Victorian Labor government’s sickly green environment minister, John Thwaites. His assessment? Appalling, too little, too late, blah blah blah. Any praise? Yes, John Howard used to be climate sceptic but now he’s not, well he says he’s not. In fact, Howard’s backflip is purely poll driven blah blah blah. And does the report lack for anything. Yes, my policies including one I came up with today blah blah blah.
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.