The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 05:32 pm
Burger King lothario Scott Ritter believes the world should be more aware of the bloodshed and suffering in Iraq:
“We are so far removed from the death and horrific violence that is involved in war,” he said. “It’s almost not real to most of us. We say we support the troops, but that’s easy to say. We need to understand the reasons why these men and women are over there fighting and dying … “
To quote Ritter once again, “This ain’t trivial, ladies and gentlemen. This is life and death.”
Ritter wasn’t always so eager to expose Iraq’s violent reality. Here’s Ritter in 2003, talking about a Saddam-run children’s prison:
The prison in question is at the General Security Services headquarters, which was inspected by my team in Jan. 1998. It appeared to be a prison for children — toddlers up to pre-adolescents — whose only crime was to be the offspring of those who have spoken out politically against the regime of Saddam Hussein. It was a horrific scene. Actually I’m not going to describe what I saw there because what I saw was so horrible that it can be used by those who would want to promote war with Iraq, and right now I’m waging peace.
So much for “needing to understand the reasons why men and women are over there fighting and dying”. To shut down toddler jails, for one thing. Still, the kids may have been better off there than on one of Ritter’s underage play-dates.
- This visit to the kiddies’ prison by Scott Ritter: now, why did that happen? I wonder if ol’ Scott was offered one or two of the kiddies for the weekend? I wonder if a video was made of this lost weekend (or two)? I wonder if said video turned up around the time good ol’ Scott started being anti Iraq invasion?? Nahhh.
- Scott Ritter relegated himself to subhuman status long ago. ‘Tis a pity that people still take this creature seriously.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2006 11 25 at 12:00 PM • permalink
- “We are so far removed from the death and horrific violence that is involved in war,” he said. “It’s almost not real to most of us.”
As Instapundit would say, that’s not a bug, that’s a feature!
If we want to be in the thick of things and up close, just cut and run and the Jihadis will gladly bring the attacks to the West.
- “This ain’t trivial, ladies and gentlemen. This is life and death.”
Scott needs to take a look at Thailand where appeasement is getting the usual response. More appalling violence against teachers, with hundreds of schools now being closed. It’s get tough or get out in this game, Scott baby. You got out. Or was it outed.
- Heh heh. A delightful pantsing, Tim. He makes it easy for you, but you upped the ante.Posted by Rittenhouse on 2006 11 26 at 08:59 AM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Ritter the shitter.