The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on June 10th, 2017 at 06:22 am
Howard Dean will next month visit Australia. And you know something? You know something? Not only is he going to Noosa Heads, he’s going to Andamooka and Werribee and the Bungle Bungles and Shepparton and Yass! He’s going to Camperdown and Kiama and Naracoorte! And he’s going to Wallaroo and Tennant Creek and Ulla Dulla and Albury! And then he’s going to Canberra. To take back Parliament House! YEEEAAARGH!!
- I’m wondering how the Aussie press is going to treat this guy. A small-state governor and failed presidential candidate who didn’t win any of his party’s state primaries (except for maybe his own state). But he fits the template for being an America-hating American so he’ll get some good coverage.Posted by bc on 2005 03 29 at 11:06 AM • permalink
- Hey, now! That so-called “scream” was an audio trick fobbed off on a gullible Media by Rovian operatives at Faux News. None of Dean’s supporters that were there heard it. You wing-nuts have got to stop repeating that lie!
:^DPosted by Spiny Norman on 2005 03 29 at 11:13 AM • permalink
- Yeah but he’ll be hanging with the political ruling class which will treat him like an amusing small dog that’s got over the fence from the neighbor’s yard.
Imagine these words scrolling up the Terminator-like digital display that overlays Howard’s vision- SUBJECT: DEAN, CHANCE OF BEING PRESIDENT: ZERO, CHANCE OF PARTY GETTING BACK IN POWER IN NEXT DECADE: NEAR ZERO: AMOUNT OF DEFERENCE TO BE PAID BY JOHNNY AND MINIONS: ZERO, ACTION TO BE TAKEN: WEDGIE
The SMH will stick it’s vile editorial tounge up his ass of course.
- A mug for Mugga Way.Posted by Susan Norton on 2005 03 29 at 11:34 AM • permalink
- I’ll give New Zealand $5 US to keep him.Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 03 29 at 11:46 AM • permalink
- I went to a bush dance in Armidale when I visited Australia and requested “Road to Gundagai,” which I had in remembered in Newsfront. “Oh,” he sniffed, “that was a radio hit.” I left humming “Mmmbop,” which I think reached the Latrobe Valley Grand Final.Posted by chinesearithmetic on 2005 03 29 at 11:57 AM • permalink
- No, richard, no! The NZers have an excess of lefties, well beyond their fair share. Besides, I might want to visit there someday, and having Howie there would be a definite negative.
I have an alternative: if everyone in the RWDB portion of the Blogosphere kicks in $5, can we get him marooned on a remote atoll, well off the shipping routes? No radio or other signaling device, of course.
Perhaps the Royal Australian Navy would be kind enough to patrol the island to prevent any rescue attempts. Either that or we put sharks with laser beams to keep Howie in place.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 03 29 at 12:03 PM • permalink
- The Real JeffS — I was thinking Mururoa, or whatever that glow-in-the-dark bullseye off Tahiti the French use is called…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 03 29 at 12:11 PM • permalink
- And sharks won’t be effective against Dean. Professional courtesy.Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 03 29 at 12:13 PM • permalink
- All I can say F**K
He’s going to pollute my old home town Shepparton. That place will be like a nuclear wasteland for years after that maggot clears out. I can only hope that sensible folks at the SPC and Ardmona can his sorry ass.Posted by swassociates on 2005 03 29 at 01:03 PM • permalink
- Richard, I thought Dean was a doctor, not a lawyer. Oh, wait, yeah, good point………Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 03 29 at 01:05 PM • permalink
- In Australia, Howard Dean’s credibility swirls down the drain the other way.Posted by Jim Treacher on 2005 03 29 at 03:12 PM • permalink
- You’d better count the silver after he leaves.Posted by Mystery Meat on 2005 03 29 at 06:11 PM • permalink
- Howard Dean wears soiled underwear.Posted by Wallace-Midland Texas on 2005 03 29 at 06:27 PM • permalink
- Is he going to Grong Grong Matong?Posted by Jack from Montreal on 2005 03 29 at 07:58 PM • permalink
- So he’s not speaking at the Dungog Gundog Club?Posted by Lucky Nutsacks on 2005 03 29 at 08:01 PM • permalink
- The “Dean scream” is my “new mail received” sound at work. Quite effective!Posted by Big Johnny on 2005 03 29 at 08:01 PM • permalink
- I thought he got ironed out in a messy Porsche Spyder accident; I thought he was crap in East of Eden anyway. He could be handy to have around, if only so you’ve got somewhere to stub out your ciggies.
- Na. Having heard that Bush has the odd phone conversation with John Howard, he’s come here to get advice from Lyn Allison, the leader of the Australian Democrats.
I’m sure the DNC under Dean will have the same success that the Democrats had here in the last election.
- You guys think you’ve a corner on the funny-named cities (I assume those were cities- gotta check my National Geographic atlas)? (Blair’s been to at least a couple of these.)
“We’re going to Moab and Albikirky, and Truth or Consequences, and Timbuktu and Kalamazoo and we’re gonna take back the Whitehouse…�? You get the idea.
Oh yeah, “Yeeeaaargh!�?
- Did Dean go to King of Prussia? If not, that must be why he lost.Posted by Michael Lonie on 2005 03 29 at 11:00 PM • permalink
- Reese — Don’t forget Dead Mule and Bitter Water in California… or the famous Dead Horse, Alaska…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 03 30 at 12:23 AM • permalink
- You’d probably holler a bit if some big nasty critter with acid blood and halitosis ripped your pointy head off. (He shoulda never told Hillary how big her calves were).