The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on May 20th, 2017 at 10:34 am
“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receive any funding,” writes Dr. Joanne Simpson, “I can speak quite frankly.” Dr Simpson’s a warmening sceptic, and a fine time it is too for announcing climate change doubts:
According to the US National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), the average temperature of the global land surface in January 2008 was below the 20th century mean (-0.02°F/-0.01°C) for the first time since 1982.
Someone tell Marian Wilkinson. In a planetwide manifestation of the Gore Effect, 2007 – the year Al Gore won a Nobel Prize and his film won an Academy Award – turns out to be a year of coldening:
All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA’s GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously.
Meanwhile, so much rain has fallen in Sydney this month that February should be renamed Flannery.
(Via Marc Morano)
- Saint Kevin ratified Kyoto, lo and behold – Geothermia! The legends were true!Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2008 02 27 at 10:28 PM • permalink
- And from their idyllic shorefont hamlet, the 400 residents of Kevalina, Alaska, being mightily surprised that their homes are washing into the sea, are suing in federal court arguing that:
5 oil companies, 14 electric utilities and the country’s largest coal company were responsible for the village’s woes.
In an unusual move, those five companies and three other defendants are also accused of conspiracy. “There has been a long campaign by power, coal and oil companies to mislead the public about the science of global warming,” the suit says.
Some lawyers in the case participated in the long-running litigation against American tobacco companies in the 1990s.
- According to Global Warming enthusiasts, as CO2 levels increase, global temperatures will increase as well.
But temperatures have trended slightly downward since 1998, and this year they dropped significantly. These aren’t outliers or anomalies that can be explained away. They are, essentially, the entire data set.
When theory and data conflict, theory loses. Anthropogenic Global Warming is junk science. It’s a hoax. But there are a lot of fools and frauds whose prestige depends on pretending otherwise.
- Saw this posted by one of the contributors on Bolt’s blog.
A 9 minute video.
- The new challenge the world faces (and it is a frightening one) is working out what bizarre theory I can chuck at the lemmings next and make a killing on the side non leftist theorem believing induced ageing and ugliness.
This will occur within the next 20 years to all the non compliant and has occurred due to an unfortunate ,gradual and embarrassing ,(and unforeseen) decline in the credibility of drivel mongers like myself not enough people listening to well qualified people such as myself and Al Gaw .
Send heaps of money to me @ Flanners@superfund.con.au for scientific evidence and tips on how to avoid ageing and ugliness.
PS A free water divining rod and snorkel which Gaw told me would sell like hotcakes in the last scam and now I am stuck with ten thousand bloody units as a measure of my goodwill.
- Calls the VP of Carbon Offset Sales at Paco Investments (Cayman Islands).
“Mahatma? Paco. Listen, I want you to offload all those Perfectly Authentic Carbon Offset certificates. No, no, no! Don’t discount them; just push them in markets where the warming faith runs deep, places that are full of college-educated liberal morons: New York, San Francisco, Washington. But we need to be ready for the next big market: Polar Arbitrage Cooling Offsets. Yeah, the “new Ice Age” is the next big thing. We can convert the existing template that we use for the carbon offset certificates – the one with the voluptuous babe dressed in a clingy Roman tunic dancing with wanton abandon in front of a corked smokestack – and just make a few minor alterations. Let’s see…I know: we’ll give the girl some thermal socks. And we’ll change the smokestack into…ermmmm…a giant icicle. Yeah, yeah, I know icicles hang down, they don’t shoot up. But these are our investors we’re talking about; they’ll be too busy fantasizing about pulling the girl’s socks off in front of a roaring fire. Not to mention the tunic. Now, get on it!
- I recall one particularly pesky pinhead glorbel warmenista posting here under the moniker of “Ender”. He kept on egging us to put our money where our mouth was by placing a longterm bet on the outcome of global warming. In between rants of how carbon dioxide levels were rising from anthropogenic causes, and we’re gonna die Die DIE!!!!!!, of course.
I kinda wish I’d place a bet back then. I might be able to afford an H3 Hummer to try and fight off the glaciers slowly coming down to crush us to death.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2008 02 28 at 12:13 AM • permalink
- Funny how John Howard’s repeated assertion that Australia was on-target to meet its Kyoto ‘obrigations’ was always pooh-poohed by the bien pensants. Then blow me down, Kevin gets in and within weeks we’re suddenly being assured by the Rudd cheer squad that Australia is, er, on target to meet its, er, ‘obrigations’…
- OK Paco, now you’ve got my attention. Having both sides of the bet in place, the PACO-H units for Warmening and the PACO-C units for Coldening, creates arbitrage opportunities, and with some leverage, real wealth. First reactions:
We’ll have to interest the money center banks, to create liquidity. Shouldn’t be a problem though, based on recent experience.
Ideas for derivative development: Tranches by: degree plus or minus? flooding or drought? Any other obfuscation you can think of is welcome.
I assume we’ll need to create CDOs. Who’ll rate these, and can we trust that they’ll be as clueless here as with mortgages?
My hedge fund is interested!
- #15 Rich: Paco Investments can handle all your hedge fund needs! Can you trust us? Just read these testimonials:
“That…banker…helped…my life savings” – G.T., Omaha, Nebraska
“If I ever get my hands on…carbon debits…there won’t be a jury in the country that will convict me, and Paco will have himself to thank” – T.R., Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
“Thanks to Paco’s advice…now learning, at age 65, how to stock produce.” H.W., Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Remember: Paco Investments – Adventure Capital Advisers, for the Sofistikated Invester.
- #16, Paco. I’m sold. Right now, all of my money is tied up in warming futures, so please keep the coldening news just between us for a few days. I’ll liquidate to raise cash in London, Paris, or Frankfurt in the AM, to get the best price. I’m looking forward to our mutual success in this guaranteed moneymaker.
- I don’t suppose Donkey John Quiggins will be happy with this news.
- Ha! You call that rain? Sydney got a piddling 225.2mm of rain in February. We got 685.6mm. I’ve never seen so many green tree frogs around the place; frogs on the walls, frogs on the window sills, frogs making love under the potting table, frogs appearing from under car bonnets. And so far, thank God, I’ve heard no toad song.
- #13 TRJS – “Ender” is in fact one Stephen Gloor, who can be found and tantalised at this rarely visited blog.
The funny thing is that “Ender” takes his name from the principal character of the novel “Ender’s Game” by Orson
See here for a summary of the novel – as you can see, “Ender” personally saves the world from the “buggers”. One may think that Gloor has delusions of grandeur?
However, the really hilarious part is that Orson Scott Card (Gloor’s mentor, and the author of the name “Ender” he has adopted) is a rabid Denialist!
Seriously, you can’t make this shit up, and “Ender” has pulled in his useless antennae over the last couple of months….
- #29, Ender liked to accuse us of our lack of scientific knowledge but admitted on his blog that he didn’t even study science (it shows too).
He still posts over at Bolta’s now and then.Posted by Art Vandelay on 2008 02 28 at 09:12 AM • permalink
- With apologies to paco, I don’t want to steal his bit, but… This keeps running through my head.
In the year of the Goracle, the season of the heat
Sashay to the North Pole, covering with wheat
Just another future gone, lonely little seat
There’s gonna be sorrow as Earth melts down tomorrow
Will it come?
It keeps Al Gore Serene
Will it come?
Oh heating come unto me
Will it come?
Well, heats come, been and gone.
Come out of the garden, baby
Youll catch your death in the snow
You fool, we’ll call you the goracle.
You fool, we’ll call you the goracle.
BTW, Ender wasn’t the guy who kept yapping about those long-term bets, that was Brian Schmidt or whatever his name was.
Thanks for the correction, PW. Leftie envirotard idiots start to sound alike after a while. ;-P
Kaboom, that always tickled me about Ender Stephen Gloor….I’ve read quite a bit of Orson Card, including his “Ender” series, and I doubt that Gloor fully understood the irony of his choice of blog names. 😀Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2008 02 28 at 03:59 PM • permalink
We may have a flat earth soon from the weight of all this water.