The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 4th, 2017 at 03:12 pm
The Boy Who Lived in a Car™ deals with unhelpful comments from a mouthy union type:
Mr Rudd has hit back by labelling Mr Robertson’s remarks as “unacceptable”.
“I don’t think that his remarks add up to a row of beans,” he said.
A row of beans? Young Kevin must’ve really done it tough; not even enough beans to make a hill.
- Another fine Queenslander who obviously attended the Joh Bjelke Petersen school for mixing metaphors.Posted by entropy on 2007 07 04 at 08:52 AM • permalink
Young Kevin must’ve really done it tough; not even enough beans to make a hill.
That’s because evil John Howard took away his ladder of opportunity.Posted by Art Vandelay on 2007 07 04 at 08:53 AM • permalink
“Mr Robertson denied being a bullyboy…”
Okay, I’m just an ignorant Seppo, but do you Aussies really go around saying things like bullyboy? Calling someone a bully I understand, but if you called me a bullyboy I’d point at your “shortpants” and roar with laughter as you ran home crying to your mummy.
Am I wrong here?Posted by The Apologist on 2007 07 04 at 08:55 AM • permalink
1. Another fine Queenslander who obviously attended the Joh Bjelke Petersen school for mixing metaphors
Now let me tell you now Sonny. This is straight from the gift horse’s mouth. You wouldn’t know your apples from your oranges when it comes to Queensland politics. Don’t you start putting your pennies all in one basket before they’ve hatched. Once you open a can of worms, they always come home to roost.
- When Kevni was sent to Churchie, he had to row for beans. His dirt-poor hillbilly family, having been turfed out of their Nambour sharecrop was left with the option in the Bjelke Petersen era- send their oar-happy offspring off to an evil private school where he could be raised beyond his bucolic background, or keep him in the state system, where he’d still be an activist history teacher whose students call “ speccy four-eyes dickhead” behind his back (or if he was assigned to Bundamba, to his face while they stole his car and wallet.)
Heard an interview with the Bega RSL protester on the ABC:-
“I was there to protest about the lack of snow!”
Incredulous ABC flack, who was astounded by such stupidity but still gave him oxygen:-
“But this is the best season….. and early as well….”
Idiot in dicktogs:- “Yeah, but last year was awful!”
No discource was held on the obvious idiocy of this, but a reference to a website where a video of this rather tiresome attempt at Big Brotherlike attention-seeking is available.
Stupidity seems contagious.
- Finally. An opportunity for a gratuitious link to The Goodies showing what happens when little boys don’t say “beans”.
- I just channeled ol’ Joh when I read murph’s #7.
ROFLMAO, as they say on the interwebs.Posted by Pedro the Ignorant on 2007 07 04 at 09:38 AM • permalink
- OT (except if I was to make a connection to Joh’s loathing of “alternative” types):
Ted Nugent on the 40th anniversary of the so-called Summer of Love:
Some quotes –
Forty years ago hordes of stoned, dirty, stinky hippies converged on San Francisco to “turn on, tune in, and drop out,”…
The bodies of chemical-infested, brain-dead liberal deniers continue to stack up like cordwood.
As a diehard musician, I terribly miss these very talented people who squandered God’s gifts in favor of poison and the joke of hipness. I often wonder what musical peaks they could have climbed had they not gagged to death on their own vomit.
In utter frustration I was even forced to punch my way through violent dopers on occasion. So much for peace and love. The DEA should make me an honorary officer.
I saw first-hand too many destroyed lives and wrecked families to ever want to drool and vomit on myself and call that a good time. I put my heart and soul into creating the best music I possibly could and I went hunting instead. My dream continues with ferocity, thank you.
Hippies are once again descending on ultra-liberal San Francisco–a city that once wanted to give shopping carts to the homeless–to celebrate and try to remember their dopey days of youth when so many of their musical heroes and friends long ago assumed room temperature by “partying” themselves to death. Nice.
- #7- My goodness gracious by crikey, you’re all gathering around trying to fit your eggs in one basket and loking like a crow, flying like a crow and getting shot as a crow, my goodness.
You you you socialists from Canberra just want to steal the prosperity of Queensland and make homosexuality compulsory, my goodness gracious you you you journalists just want to make my roads minister look like he’s corrupt like that communist Fitzgerald says,,,,, (brief interlude from Russ Hinze:-
“I’d love ta answer ya questions, but I’ve got a fuckin’ cert in the 2.30 at Bundamba- fuck off ‘til I’m rich.”
Don’t you worry about that, my goodness gracious, the Police will look after any sort of criminal behavior!
Bloody hell- next weekend there’s going to be a
re-animation of all the bands from the Bjelke Petersen era- I’m betting Kevni and the Cheshire Cat won’t be in view, neither of those cosy cunts took part in any real opposition.
What’s more, in hindsight that bible-bashing baptist wasn’t so bad,
- But if it was a magic row of beans….Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2007 07 04 at 09:58 AM • permalink
- CL- my dad was the first director of the State Emergency Service, after he’d come back from Darwin with Gen Strtetton- they set up the counter-disaster college at My Macedon.
While the old boy was tied up with the Qld Govt, his minister was Russ- anything he wanted was his.
Including the 1st State helicopter, which Russ wanted to go to the races but my old boy insisted was there for medivac; I creatd a problem when I asked to use the Qld chopper for Customs purposes- we caught buggers, it caused ruckus.
- #27- There’s been another resign:- Pat Purcell has bitten the bullet, after a sterling single term in parliament.
If there’s not some really nasty thing about to display the Beattie regeime in all its glory, I’ll eat a bucketfull.
- So, where’s the fork in this row of beans?Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 07 04 at 10:51 AM • permalink
- O/T, but I just saw an interview on Fox News with Alex McIlveey, the cab driver who tackled one of the terrorists at the Glascow airport.The blonde news babe, whose name I didn’t catch, was talking to him over the telephone. She asked, “So, Alex, you kicked the guy between the legs. Did that have an impact?” Alex replied, “Weel, noo, it dinnae, soo I thought to ma’sel’, ‘Oops!’” Hilarious. I guess the terrorist was too distracted by being on fire.
BTW, Mrs. Paco, who learned English in the U.S. as a second language, was listening to the interview, and asked me, “Is there a bad connection, or something?” The glottal stops of the Scottish dialect completely threw her.
- Murph—I believe that’s “We’ll cross that bridge when it’s burning behind us.”Posted by richard mcenroe on 2007 07 04 at 11:39 AM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.