The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 9th, 2017 at 11:55 am
Peace gatherings are dangerous:
The Rainbow Family peace gathering turned hostile Tuesday when a group of attendees began hurling rocks and sticks at law enforcement officers, U.S. Forest Service officials said.
And sometimes deadly:
Cameraman shot dead covering peace rally
- How are they fixed for grizzle bears around Vail?Posted by richard mcenroe on 2006 06 24 at 04:50 PM • permalink
- When the earth is ravaged and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds, and who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. They will be known as the warriors of the Rainbow—Old Native American Prophecy
Wonder which Old Native American prophesied that? No doubt it was Chief Goofy White Tree Hugger, who foresaw peace and love and free camping for all, except when the Forest Service wants to enforce regulations to keep the forests clear of trash and the streams clean of hippie pee.
So much for peace and love.
- Yeah, old Native Americans were really knowledgeable of and concerned about such twentieth century concepts as “people… of many colors, classes, and creeds.”Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2006 06 24 at 07:09 PM • permalink
- Andrea Harris—Guess those must have been all them progressive Native American tribes whose names didn’t translate as ‘the people’ and whose names for the neighboring tribes weren’t the ‘not-people’…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2006 06 24 at 07:41 PM • permalink
What a steaming pile of donkey wank!!
The gatherings are called rainbow because they are for all the peoples of the earth, from many families, tribes, and nations. Some say that the Hopi people native to North America tell a vision of a time when mother earth, the land, air, waters, and creatures of all kinds were sick with poisons and ill treatment by people, the children of the white races, or more specifically the people who lived the cultures of those who displaced the native peoples of the Americas – not just caucasions) would grow their hair long, wear beads, and come together with the children of all the nations to heal the earth.
It would be fun if the authorities put up a big fence around the event and left them for a year.
Id predict deforestation, eating everything, fouling their own water, and eventualy, cannibalism.
Win win all round really.Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2006 06 24 at 08:10 PM • permalink
- Probably Ward Churchill’s tribe.Posted by Pedro the Ignorant on 2006 06 24 at 11:00 PM • permalink
- The peace and love crowd was always a violent bunch. Violence is the first, last and only argument of the thoughtless. Remember the late 60’s when the louder they screamed brotherhood and love, the brighter the cities burned.
It’s promiscuous tolerance that breeds this sort of anarchy, as evidenced by increased demands made after previously serious, principled deans from every prestigeous university folded to the demands of unruly children. Their first act in the face of demands for free speech, and the free stage from which to exercise it, was to fall silent. But they never questioned the principles that failed them, and all of society, so miserably. What kind of person thinks that these were halcyon days?
And now here we are. How long can such people continue? One thing this war has done is tear the lid off of the universities and their many minions within the media and every strata of the government. But it is the universities that have the most to answer for. It is they who taught all the rest. This is the social engineering they’ve been endulging in with our children, made flesh. And blood.
Please understand that I’m not pointing my finger at every single teacher. Most are genuine. I know many who struggled for years just to be allowed to teach. But what have they allowed to grow and fester in their midst?
- Ah, the peaceful Left. And what’s this? Hurling rocks and sticks at law enforcement? One of the Dems signature issues since 9-11 has been that “Bush’s war” has hurt the readiness and funding of “first responders”: policemen, firemen, etc. Yet here are their own supporters visiting violence on those same “first responders” and not one Dem pol to denounce them?
Gustov? Addamo? Miranda? Please enlighten me.Posted by Vanguard of the Commentariat on 2006 06 25 at 01:28 AM • permalink
- Gustov? Addamo? Miranda? <cricket chirp>……………………………………………………………………………………</cricket chirp>
This is just beautiful. Peace Now, Or Will Frickin Kick Your Ass!
Warriors of the Rainbow. I wonder if Jeff Gordon made an appearance.
Just one more reason to add to the list of thousands of reasons why I despise the lefty nutjobs.
- Wait a minute. Did the law enforcement approach from up wind? Sticks and stones will hurt, no doubt about it, but that smell will cause permanet damage.Posted by jeff mccabe on 2006 06 25 at 02:54 AM • permalink
- 6 Andrea Administrata
old Native Americans were really knowledgeable of and concerned about such twentieth century concepts as “people… of many colors, classes, and creeds.”
Their treatment of women and minorities was unparalleled. In … er … in some ways.Posted by Huck Foley on 2006 06 26 at 08:58 PM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.