The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:30 am
What sort of idiot attempts to win a drag race in a car weighed down by child ballast?
A Queensland woman caught drag racing along a busy suburban road at 144km/h in a 60 zone with three young children in the back seat says getting caught is her only regret.
Listen, lady. I’m guessing those kids added up to at least 50 kilograms of speed-sapping bulk. There’s little point spending $20,000 improving your cars (as the woman’s competitor claims) when you race in a child-loaded state.
(Unless maybe the kids were part of a bracket-racing handicap deal. That might explain things.)
- They are suggesting she should get the “ballast” taken off her, but it probably won’t happen.
We’re so lucky to have the best bogans in the world in the “Sunshine State”.Posted by Darlene Taylor on 01/17 at 06:20 AM • #
- Blerp’s outrage may explain why I can’t find carbon-fiber booster seats.
Anyone who’s driven speed-friendly kids around doesn’t understand. You’ve got some chump in an Evo at the light, revving the engine, and your kid in the back seat saying “waste him! waste him!” You don’t want to look like some kind of pansy.Posted by Matt in Denver on 01/17 at 08:06 AM • #
- At least she moved them up from the trunk to reduce the risk of fishtailing.Posted by Jim Treacher on 01/17 at 08:15 AM • #
- I’m not outraged. I just don’t know what you’re talking about and hope I haven’t inadvertently affended by using words in a way that mean something other than they do here.
I think this woman is nuts and although I don’t think the state should step in and interfere with people’s kids, these kids are in danger whether they wear seat belts or not.
- Torrisi and co should have been bloody well jailed.
On Saturday night I tried in vain to convince several of my mates that shitbags should not be sterilised. I’m beginning to reconsider that position.
Question for any Professors of Sociology out there: Why is it that whenever some fuckwit almost drives me off the road, he (or she) is almost invariably driving a style side Commodore ute?
- Hell, if the weight of bone between her ears wasn’t slowing her down, the kids probably didn’t add much…Posted by richard mcenroe on 01/17 at 12:32 PM • #
- Careful guys, according to recent research, these “people” are the new Liberal voters. Let them breed…. until they think Margo is intelligent and then will find something for them to do elsewhere.Posted by Karl Fidel Adams-Kingston on 01/17 at 01:02 PM • #
- As a bogan from way back, I am pleased to inform you that I never leave the house without my flanny, my mullett which is bleached blonde except for a large stripe down the part, my Winny Blues, my boyfriend “Chook” and my seven kids to twenty different fathers.
Hope that explains it.Posted by Darlene Taylor on 01/17 at 07:38 PM • #
- Thanks for the explanation.
If any American uses the word, mook, I haven’t met them, likewise, mullet hair cut ????
I did understand anti-social behavior and now I get it. We have them, but strangely, it seems there are fewer of them than previously.
Don’t know if they’re getting smarter or dying off or maybe they’re moving down under. Whichever, it’s nice to see less of them.
bogan: noun 1. a fool; idiot. 2. WA a lout or hooligan, especially of a particular social group noted for wearing black shirt and jeans. 3. Tasmania a rough lout or hooligan. In Hobart equivalent to a Chigga. (probably from Bogan a river in NSW)
This is from the Macquarie Dictionary Book of Slang which is online at http://www.macquariedictionary.com.au/anonymous@FF824508298+0/-/p/dict/slang.html
I remember browsing the site last year, for several hours! What a laugh.
Here’s something interesting (or not) … the Bogan and Macquarie Rivers flow into the Darling, and form a common catchment area.
- Jim said At least she moved them up from the trunk to reduce the risk of fishtailing.
Boot, Jim, boot. Unless she was an elephant.Posted by walterplinge on 01/18 at 09:03 AM • #
- They also make excellent wheel chocks.
Children, that is.Posted by joe bagadonuts on 01/18 at 12:50 PM • #
I couldn’t read the article. Was she, at least, charged with endangering the life of a child?