The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on July 27th, 2017 at 01:25 pm
Another mass murder in Indonesia:
A blast that was probably a bomb rocked a crowded market in Indonesia’s Central Sulawesi today, with a local television station reporting that six people were killed.
Another local news report said 43 people were hurt.
One official was quoted as saying a second bomb was found and was being dealt with by a bomb squad.
The market hit today was one that sold pork, forbidden to Muslims, reports said.
It’s the only pork market in Pelu, apparently. There are also reports of unexploded bombs being discovered in two provinces on Sumatra island.
But back to pork … anyone want to talk about root causes here?
UPDATE. Death toll now up to eight:
The bomb went off in a slaughterhouse that also sold meat directly to the public in the town of Palu on Sulawesi island. It was packed with people buying pork for Saturday night’s New Year celebrations, said Brig. Gen. Oegroseno, the police chief of Central Sulawesi province.
The bomb appeared to be a homemade device, he said, loaded with ball bearings and nails to maximize the number casualties.
Indonesian pork markets could use some human shields. No blood for ham!
- Pork/root..? Don’t go there.Posted by JAFA on 2005 12 30 at 11:50 PM • permalink
- Closer to home, a few weeks ago, a group of black American muslims trashed a couple of liquor stores that were owned, ironically, by Yemeni muslims. They didn’t like liquor being sold in the (predominately black) neighborhood.
About the exploding pig emporium, this sounds like something PETA may have done.
A few years back, Palestinian terrorists loaded up a donkey with explosives and detonated it in a Jewish neighborhood in Israel. This killed many jews, and the donkey. PETA sent a protest to Yassir Araftat objecting to the use of an animal to blow up people. Arafat actually responded to PETA agreeing that it was an egregious thing to blow up a donkey, even if it was for the higher purpose of killing jews. Arafat promised his organization would do its best to discourage the use of animals in the future.Posted by Mystery Meat on 2005 12 31 at 12:21 AM • permalink
- Root causes? Isn’t it as plain as a porkstaff? Without the support of pork producers and consumers for the worldwide global evil thingummyjig, the whole jewry-rigged hogemonic whatchamacallit would collapse. You know, Pig Brother and everything. Forget oil. It’s all about bacon grease and green eggs and ham, and Piggly Wiggly supermarkets, and that pork-based item in Dick Cheney’s pants.Posted by arrowhead ripper on 2005 12 31 at 12:41 AM • permalink
- You gotta feel kinda sorry for these islamist terrorists.
Every other day they blow up and kill innocent people and YET…the estren world’s enlightened news services blame Bushitler and the evil Zionists.
Common guys! give a little credit where it’s due
This western refusal to credit islamic “militants” is sure to cause some severe irreverisble psychological trauma in these victims of western imperialism and cause them to commit acts of terrorism one day.
- Long pork?Posted by ausdiplomad on 2005 12 31 at 12:53 AM • permalink
- #5 I think everyone is missing the point that the group with the greatest motivation to blow up a pig market might be pigs.
Noone likes being eaten.
The important point is that pigs could not have done it alone as they have the motivation, but arguably lack the training, finance and opposable thumbs necessary for the execution.
Enter the obvious second party, the Joooooos, as they are behind everything.
But lets not forget that Jews are the descendants of pigs and monkeys.
Thus this is far from over, and you can expect kidnapped monkeys beheaded on Al Jazeera.
/ROP’s real activities make just as much sense
- There are better ways to get a crackly crackling. Rub in salt and cook in a hot oven.
Apart from that. There appears to be no depths that these moral snobs the muslims will not stoop to. Throwing bombs, decapitating live victims, rape and all the rest of their vile repertoire is fine because they are spreading the word . Of how Islam is peaceful.
- sixdays: I think everyone is missing the point that the group with the greatest motivation to blow up a pig market might be pigs.
Noone likes being eaten.
One of the world’s greatest bumper stickers:
Hey, Vegetarians!! FUCK YOU!!!
—The PlantsPosted by zeppenwolf on 2005 12 31 at 02:50 AM • permalink
- News.com.au spins it like this:
…after a spike in violence between Muslims and Christians, which has included shootings, bombings and beheadings…
…Government-brokered truce was put in place in December 2001…
it makes it sound like the Muslims and Christians are at war with one another, but while the story enumerates Muslim atrocities (”…Christian couple and two girls shot and wounded in two separate November attacks… Masked assailants beheaded three Christian schoolgirls in Poso in late October.”) it fails to mention Christian action against Muslims.
Could it be that the violence is only one way?
It makes the use of words such as violence between Muslims and Christians and Government-brokered truce seem very suspect indeed.
—NickPosted by The Thin Man Returns on 2005 12 31 at 02:55 AM • permalink
- The bombers mothers must be so proud…
2 Palestinian mothers are sitting on a park bench when one pulls out a picture of a young man and says to the other ” This is my boy, he martyred himself trying to get an israeli checkpoint this time last year”.
The 2nd mother reaches in and pulls out one of two boys “Mine martyred themslves in a market full of jews last week”
The first lady looks across and says ” Mmm they blow up so quick nowdays”Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2005 12 31 at 04:00 AM • permalink
- Go on Ushie, splurge, live a little, indulge in a little luxury. Go ahead and bold it. Tim can afford the expense.Posted by Michael Lonie on 2005 12 31 at 07:20 PM • permalink
- Oh … did I really say that? … I had too much to drink yesterday … I promise not to do it again until next time … there’s no way I’d throw a stubby at the telly because stubbies hold precious amber fluid … 375ml to be precise, not unless you come from Darwin where they weigh in at 2.25l … which brings me to a story where I was asked to bring a bag containing 2 Darwin stubbies back to Sydney for a friend many years ago … silly me checked the bag in as luggage … when quite a few of other peoples bags on the carousel were soaking in and smelling of beer at the collection end, I knew what happened … one of the stubbies broke, probably in the aircraft hold … I thought it was funny …