The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 9th, 2017 at 08:46 am
Having paddled to Australia in a dugout canoe, Al Gore advances his belief that global warming is a greater threat than terrorism:
“The focus on the climate crisis should not be interpreted as diminishing the serious threat of terrorism,” Mr Gore said in Sydney yesterday.
“It is obviously all too real and we have to win the battle. That having been said, there is no question that the most serious crisis ever confronting human civilisation is this climate crisis.
“If Australia acted and changed and joined the world effort to solve this problem, you would put enormous new pressure on the United States to do the right thing and to act.”
Someone alert Bob Brown! Al Gore is interfering in Australian domestic affairs! It’s reprehensible!
UPDATE. Julia Gorin:
Memo to the Left: That heat you’re feeling isn’t global warming. It’s global Islam. It’s real, and it’s getting closer.
- Drudge has a headline saying Gore hasn’t ruled out running for Prez again. Oh please please please say yes. Imagine a whole year of spotlighting every bizarre thing that lunatic has said this decade. If we could also bring back John Kerry and Ross Perot for an all-star campaign cage match, too sweet.Posted by Shaky Barnes on 2006 09 11 at 12:07 AM • permalink
- Yeah- that WW2 was a bit of an inconvenience in comparison to unproven conjecture about weather patterns, promoted by dingbats with books and movies to flog.
And bubonic plague? A case of the sniffles in comparison.
Given his obvious aversion to hyperbole, you’d never guess Al was a politician once, would you?
BTW- I think there’s a new nickname been asigned to Andrew Denton following his interview with the warmy oracle, “Boots”.
He’s earned the epithet, as apparently that’s all you can see of the diminuitive microphone jockey hanging out of the former VP’s arse.
- I hope that canoe was made from discarded wood from a tree that was accidentally killed because of some tragic but completely natural event.Posted by Margos Maid on 2006 09 11 at 01:24 AM • permalink
- Yeah sure:
“It is obviously all too real and we have to win the battle. That having been said, there is no question that the most serious crisis ever confronting human civilisation is this climate crisis.”
Funny thing though, remember Tuvalu, the tiny pacific atoll that was going to disappear as the sea levels rise. It’s still there and the sea level hasn’t changed. Oh bugger.
From TCS, “Greenpeace declared twenty years ago that global warming was about to submerge Tuvalu”, “(average elevation above sea level is 12 inches, highest point 12 feet)” and “a nearby atoll hosts a Scandinavian oceanology institute which has reported consistently that sea levels in the immediate region have not risen in any significant way.”
Oh well, some facts are just bloody inconvenient. To hell with facts because the show must go on.
- I wonder what the size of Gore’s ‘eco-footprint’ is?
You know, its not just Gore flying around the world using up Gaia’s fruits, he’s probably got an entourage including a press agent, a make up artist and numerous underlings. Whats’ the bet they travelled on a private plane, wouldn’t a boat have been much better? How about the meals they are eating? Have pesticides been used? Has, gasp, refrigeration been an option? Were they cooked in an oven?
You first Al.
- I just remembered something. Wasn’t that nutjob in Rainbow 6 who wanted to wipe out all of us environment ruining humans called Kill-Gore?Posted by Matthew Lawrence on 2006 09 11 at 02:38 AM • permalink
- #13 Dan Lewis,
Poltroon!.Posted by Daniel San on 2006 09 11 at 03:22 AM • permalink
- You know, its not just Gore flying around the world using up Gaia’s fruits, he’s probably got an entourage including a press agent, a make up artist and numerous underlings.
Not to mention transporting all the red cups that Gore needs to save the world.
- OFFICIAL DIRECTIVE
TO: Membership, The Left
FROM: Management, The Left
SUBJECT: Most Serious Crises Ever to Confront Human Civilization (“MSCETCHC”)
Please note, as of the date of this Directive the current MSCETCHC is global warming. This Directive supersedes pervious Directives establishing McCarthyism, global cooling, global famine, over population, nuclear winter, Ronald Reagan, AIDS, meteors, peak oil, globalization and George Bush respectively as the MSCETCHC.
Please update your manuals accordingly.
Please also update your manuals to reflect that global warming is now also the current Most Serious Crises Ever To Confront Non-Human Civilization (“MSCETCNHC”), unless you are a dinosaur, whale or crocodile, in which case the Most Serious Threats etc., etc, remain meteors, the Japanese and Steve Irwin, respectively.
Future changes in the MSCETCHC and MSCETCNHC will announced by directive and in the New York Times.
- Any Aussies interested may want to check out the episode of Penn & Teller’s Bullshit on Channel 9 tomorrow night (Tue 12th) at 10:35pm debunking the myth of global warming.Posted by HisHineness on 2006 09 11 at 08:58 AM • permalink
- I don’t know how big Al’s eco-footprint is, but I’d say he’s about a five and a quarter hat size. BTW, I saw the cover of a recent Vanity Fair magazine in the doctor’s office and it was a study in global warming hubris (let’s just call it “glarming”, incidentally; this suggests “alarming”, “smarmy” and “global warming” all wrapped up in one handy noun). There was Julia Roberts decked out in some kind of green satin Gaia halloween costume, surrounded by acolytes Al Gore, George Clooney and some other bozo whose name escapes me. I forgot the title of the cover story, but it was something to the effect that glarming was a much bigger threat than Islamofascism. Julia Gorin is right: a certain type of conspicuous lefty fails utterly to appreciate a real danger in the world and so goes about trumpeting some other chimerical emergency.
- Mr Gore was on the ABC talk show Enough Rope with Andrew Denton last night, and I was most alarmed to discover that Mr Gore appears to have no eyebrows.
In Australia, the accumulation of power has a direct relationship to the size of a politician’s eyebrows.
Robert Menzies had a pair of eye-muffs that could have been used to stuff a lounge chair, but attached to his face, they made him Australia’s longest serving Prime Minister.
John Howard has a sharp and strong pair of eye-brows with which – if he had a mind to -could harpoon a Murray Cod. This has assisted him to four terms (the appearance that his, not the fish-killing skills).
Bob Hawke was another long-lasting Australian PM who benefited greatly from a pair of distinctive eye merkins, which, tipped with tin foil, could double as useful antennae.
I dunno whether it’s global warming or too much paddling in the Pacific, but Mr Gore has absolutely nothinggoing on up there.
To my eyes his naked brow is at best, unstatesmanlike, but in reality, vaguely pornographic.
Even if he wanted to stand for President, I can’t see how he could beat Hilary to the Democratic nomination while she continues to brandish her eyebrow pencil.Posted by Margos Maid on 2006 09 11 at 07:11 PM • permalink
- Did you hear “global warming?” Man I gotta stop talking with my mouth full. What I said was that global warring is the greatest danger we face.
You guys must be pretty embarrased now, huh?
—al gorePosted by localharbor on 2006 09 11 at 07:24 PM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.