The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on June 15th, 2017 at 01:17 pm
I thought we were living in California rather than Washington D.C. today. My 8-year old son went to a birthday party and it turned it out to be a yoga party.
‘What did you do?’ I asked him.
‘Well, we did this excercise called salutation to the sun, then we did some stretching and then we had to meditate and then we had cake.’
In fact, when I picked him up, they were all running around the joint yelling and screaming so I think the meditation might have been outgunned by the food colouring.
On the way home I stopped at the local Whole Foods supermarket to pick up my weekly fix of ridiculously over-priced Australian cheddar (the only place in D.C. that sells it). I knew I was actually in Washington because Karl Rove was there doing his grocery shopping. I was going ask him if he’d do an interview for leftwing blogger but chickened out (see, I’d never make a journo).
I did get close enough, however, to notice that he was packing an awful lot of pork chops.
- Being hairless, pigs will not survive the imminent great global cooling. Clearly the Godless fundamentalist Christian Bushite regime knows the TRUTH.Posted by noir on 04/17 at 11:14 PM • #
- A yoga party for 8 year olds?
Time to take my world domination plans up a gear, this is getting out of hand.Posted by Aging Gamer on 04/17 at 11:41 PM • #
- In California he’d be at a Snip-e-Kidz plastic surgerama party.Posted by underscore on 04/18 at 12:26 AM • #
- mmmmmmmm…..pork chops!Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 04/18 at 03:41 AM • #
- I hope all the boys were forced to apologise for being out of touch with their female psyche before they got cakePosted by Astonished on 04/18 at 04:11 AM • #
The other conservative meat.Posted by joe bagadonuts on 04/18 at 06:44 AM • #
- A yoga party? Was it a tofu cake?Posted by Mr. Bingley on 04/18 at 06:58 AM • #
- They sell pork at Whole Foods?Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 04/18 at 07:07 AM • #
- Because I could swear that the Whole Foods here in Winter Park doesn’t even sell meat. I could be wrong, though; I don’t get over the Whole Foods all that much (it’s a far walk, and it’s best that I stay away from the temptation of overpriced natural goodies anyway), and Chamberlins (the other natural food chain here in Central Florida) certainly does sell some meat—well, tuna and other seafood anyway.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 04/18 at 10:09 AM • #
- Razor — The pork chops were to rub on the Gitmo prisoner Rove has flown to his house each week for his own amusement…Posted by richard mcenroe on 04/18 at 10:14 AM • #
- Pork chops: salt and pepper to taste, simmer in a covered pan with a touch of olive oil and a tablespoon of garlic-flavored red wine vinegar. Throw in chopped onions and chopped Portobello mushrooms, cook for ten minutes, and serve with a side of wasabi, and some roasted zucchini. Also some form of potato, if you’re feeling the need for starch.
- Gawd Tim, you let your 8 year old son go to a yoga party? What, you want him to grow up to be a chorus line dancer? Gee whiz, sign the poor guy up for pee wee football and take him to a pro wrestling match. You have to do something, quick, to counter that type of thing.Posted by wronwright on 04/18 at 08:19 PM • #
- A boy of that age should be going to gratuitous violence themed parties, especially involving repression of minorities – ie Cowboys and Indian Parties, Pirate Parties etc. I still rememebr my ninth birthday – Pirate party absolute cracker belting my sister over the head with a cutlas made from cardboard and alfoil.
- US Rangers against Germans. Calvary against Apache. The blood. The mayhem. The obligatory knocking on the front door by two policemen responding to complaints of noise by neighbors. Ah, the nostalgia.
Made men of us.
Yoga? Dang, why not send the boys to a Build-a-Bear party so they can dress up their favorite teddy bear in chiffon.Posted by wronwright on 04/19 at 09:48 AM • #