The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 6th, 2017 at 05:54 am
I’m back, having abandoned all other responsibilities. Now let’s get these brieflets moving:
• Jim Treacher disagrees with Mark Steyn’s “corrosive passivity” call over Virginia Tech; Damian Penny rounds up the massacre’s non-Cho causes.
• Nicolas Sarkozy leads in polls prior to the French election.
• Tim Lambert: quote doctor!
• This 1984 Ford F150 costs $100 less than a John Edwards haircut.
• James Lileks: “I’m convinced that label design is the single greatest factor in impulse wine sales.” Agreed; although websites might also be a factor.
• Brian Lara retires.
• Via Slatts, this is remarkable.
• Jules Crittenden picks a previous winner as his Miss America 2007.
• Colby Cosh invents a word.
• The Age reports: “Bad news for those worried that the internet’s population seems a little self-obsessed: the top blog on a list of Australia’s top 100 blogs is a blog about blogging.” An unusual means of assessment was involved.
• A warning from al-Qaeda: do not place tomatoes next to cucumbers.
• Chinese scientists have duplicated the Gore Effect.