The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 5th, 2017 at 08:17 am
• Christopher Essex, professor of applied mathematics and director of program in theoretical physics at University of Western Ontario, asks: “What’s the average of a phone number?”
• Ed Driscoll: “You never heard about global warming when Sinatra and Dino were playing Vegas and Miles Davis was Kind of Blue, did you? I rest my case. Especially since it’s becoming too hot, and I need to put it down.”
• Here’s to National Columnists Day!
• Bruce at Gay Patriot emails: “I don’t know if you heard about the scandal in South Carolina with their coke-dealing State Treasurer … That’s all fine and good, but here in North Carolina we have a $14,000-a-year State Legislator driving around in a $200,000 Ferrari!”
• Big article on malaria, from National Geographic.
• Some glass-nearly-empty gloom hunting from Tim Dunlop: “The PM claims that is ‘Very, very hard in the current economy’ to believe someone can’t get a job. There are surely some remote areas, for instance, where this simply isn’t true.”
• No racism at Larvatus Prodeo: “When these communities have engaged with economic ‘realities’, will they build a nice chamber of commerce in every township and camp? I’d suggest they call them all ‘Noel Pearsons Cabin’.”
• No racism at Larvatus Prodeo, part II: “I think a more apt description of Pearson would bbe to use a term of derision used by indigenious people to denigrate some of their own who aren’t true to their racial origins a ‘Coconut’ – Black on the Outside, but White in the Middle.”
• Reassuring news from senior Shia Muslim cleric Kamal Mousselmani: “Sheik Mousselmani said all of Australia’s approximately 30,000 Shi’ites were avid supporters of Hezbollah (Party of God) and haters of Israel.”
• Annoyed by power cuts? Destroy a KFC. You know it makes sense.