The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:30 am
* “You rat!” writes homicidal Mr. Bingley. “You mention sod off swampy and don’t link to the shirts!”
* Way to go, Shabina.
* More shameful racism from the tyrannical Howard regime.
* “I’m gunna take a short break from Webdiary, and be back on deck next Tuesday.” But Margo isn’t. Who can we trust?
- She’s secretly in Baghdad, trolling for ransom scams… “Dum dee dum, famous Australian journalist, just walkin’ down the street, oh look, a dark alley, dum dee dum,,,”Posted by richard mcenroe on 03/08 at 09:55 PM • #
- Bryla made me do it!Posted by Mr. Bingley on 03/08 at 10:16 PM • #
- Margo’s a lazy bint. Besides, she’s probably too busy drying ‘Bryla’s’ tears as we speak. ‘There, there, Brian, did that awful Timmy’s friends say bad things to you/” “Yes Margo, they mmmmm mocked you and the environment” “those scoundrels! will they never desist?” (insert spelling errors into Margo’s lines)
- G’day. I’ve been working seven days a week on Webdiary
Good grief, woman, why?
So I’m gunna take a short break from Webdiary, and be back on deck next Tuesday. I’ll close off the comments boxes and we’ll start afresh when I get back.
I really despise the way that the Far Left has appropriated the Australian vernacular with the mates, g’days and gunnas. There’s just something unholy about elitist ideologues co-opting the solid language of the working class, presumably to express solidarity.
English has well-developed formal and casual idioms, so that both complicated, abstract ideas and ordinary daily realities can be expressed. Using ‘gunna’ in Webdiary is just as pretentious as making allusions to Nietzche when talking to farm labourers. I wonder if Margo genuinely thinks that’s the way she should write “going to”, or if she gets a small, virtuous flush of egalitarian pleasure every time she write “gunna”.Posted by blandwagon on 03/08 at 11:55 PM • #
- “They’re coming from a diabolical third world situation to one of the best resettlement situations in the world.”Auburn? Fairfield? Yes!
African states are so dysfunctional due to the wonderful legacy of decolonialisation and the assistance of the Soviets and the Cubans For Hire that pretty much anywhere is now preferable.
These suburbs of western Sydney don’t rate highly on Sydneysiders’ lists of places to buy or rent. But they will be heaven compared to where these pople are coming from.
- It does have a nice ring to it, doesn’t it sonetka. I always figured Miss Bingley for the violent one…Posted by Mr. Bingley on 03/09 at 10:17 AM • #
- Mr Bingley: amiable no more.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 03/09 at 06:27 PM • #