The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on July 26th, 2017 at 01:38 pm
Many dead in New Delhi following a series of explosions:
“There are conflicting reports about the number of dead, but according to the fire department, 30 to 31 people have died,” the official at the Delhi chief minister’s office told Reuters.
No mention yet of any suspected cause.
UPDATE. Associated Press now reports 49 dead, and speculates:
Fireworks are widely used to celebrate the upcoming Hindu festival, Diwali, and many markets are now crowded with stalls selling elaborate – and often very dangerous – fireworks.
India’s Prime Minister believes terrorists may be responsible. So does the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party:
Alleging intelligence failure behind the serial blasts in the capital, BJP today demanded that the government take all precautions to prevent their recurrence.
“Delhi has become the den of terrorists. Hundreds of terrorists, ISI agents and Pakistanis have been arrested and huge quantity of arms and explosives including RDX seized in the recent past. Necessary precautions should have been taken by the authorities”, BJP’s Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha V K Malhotra told reporters.
UPDATE II. Death toll 58; all markets closed in New Delhi.
UPDATE III. Scooter blamed.
UPDATE IV. 65 deaths now reported; ten suspects detained.
UPDATE V. A history of recent bomb attacks in India.
- The ISI don’t like Indians whereas AQ don’t like cowboys.Posted by jake-the-peg on 10/29 at 05:11 PM • permalink
- “Hundreds of terrorists, ISI agents and Pakistanis have been arrested and huge quantity of arms and explosives including RDX seized in the recent past. Necessary precautions should have been taken by the authorities”
Uh, sounds to me like they’ve pretty much been doing that, just not 100% successfully in case this turns out to be a terrorist attack. I guess India’s opposition party subscribes to the Democrat school of government criticism.
- Bloody Amish!!! Loaded up their horse and buggy and planted it in the market.
How long before these murdering Amish are dealt with??
Amish militants in the kashmir region?
/offPosted by thefrollickingmole on 10/29 at 08:29 PM • permalink
UPDATE III. Scooter blamed.
Sorry. I know it’s no laughing matter, but that was funny.Posted by Spiny Norman on 10/29 at 11:47 PM • permalink
- I know what you mean, spiny Norman. Every time I see a post on Scooter I keep thinking of this guy.
Even a Bush-bashing mate of mine had to ask me, “Who the fuck is Scooter?”Posted by Quentin George on 10/30 at 12:26 AM • permalink
- #14, Quentin George: “I know what you mean, spiny Norman. Every time I see a post on Scooter I keep thinking of this guy.”
I think of Phil Rizzuto. (Obscure reference to former New York Yankee shortstop and announcer. Also known as “The” Scooter.)Posted by Bruce Lagasse on 10/30 at 01:36 AM • permalink
- I think we need to ask “why”.
It is clear that the people of India are part of the problem because most of them are not muslim. It is equally clear that if they were all muslims, there would be no Kashmir problem, because they would all be one happy family living in peace under sharia law.
Tim Blair is also part of the problem, because he’s not muslim either. So is his little-known namesake, Tony, Bushitler, Mark Steyn, Andrew Bolt, Iowahawk and me (to name but six).
We should ask ourselves what we can do about this
- Man, I never knew that muppet was that evil.Posted by Patrick Chester on 10/30 at 03:20 AM • permalink
Damn. Almost made it.
BTW, Does anyone else wonder if there’s any difference between the ISI and Al-Qaeda?