The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 6th, 2017 at 05:51 am
As is already known, CNN’s Michael Ware didn’t heckle John McCain in Baghdad. But who did? Step forward, Berkeley activist (and recent visitor to Iraq) Jane Stillwater:
Conservative bloggers erroneously accused a CNN reporter of snickering at McCain’s response, setting off a series of accusations that eventually got smoothed over. “But that guy wasn’t even the snickerer,” Stillwater said. “I was snickering, but he wasn’t.”
- Good news Michael Ware! Everyone thinks you giggle like a girl…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2007 04 22 at 11:43 AM • permalink
- Jane Stillwater: “We need our troops at home. Here. Now.”
Really? For what purpose? I’m suspicious of your motives, Ms. Stillwater.
She never got an official reason for why she wasn’t embedded.
Um. Maybe because she’s a 64 year old woman who couldn’t possibly hope to keep up with 20-something soldiers in the field?
What never ceases to amaze me is the overinflated opinion of themselves that leftists seem to have.
- Always being hopping mad really works that foot pump, Rebecca.Posted by andycanuck on 2007 04 22 at 01:13 PM • permalink
- We need our troops right here. At home. Now.
To prepare for the wave of hurricanes a vengfull Bush will unleash on, er, the states that voted for him…
…to restrain those nasty anti-illegal-immigration protesters…
to conduct the spot inspections of people’s houses to check the temperature all winter and make sure they’re doing their part to fight globalwarming cooling climate change…
…to control the petrol rationing checkpoints for authorized carpool drivers…
…to garrison Hyannisport against rogue unsightly windmill builders…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2007 04 22 at 05:00 PM • permalink
- I do not like war. A military apparatus should be big enough and backed with the political will to make them not happen. But when war is neccessary, we take it seriously, and understand that every life taken and every soldier lost takes a little away from ourselves. The days of nation building through epic battle are over. So how come these lefty fucktards can go into a war zone, and the minute a life threatening inciident happens close to them say, this isn’t fun anymore? If you wanted fun, you should have gone to Tahiti.
- “Jane Stillwater, the 64-year-old Berkeley woman who traveled to Iraq on her own dime hoping to embed with the troops, is safely back home in her Section 8 townhouse.”
“After eating peanut butter sandwiches for months to be able to afford to travel to Iraq for an up-close inspection of a war she’s railed against for years, Stillwater found the situation, in a word, “complicated.” “
On her own dime? Section 8 housing means PeaceGrannie lets the taxpayers use their dimes to pay her housing bill each month in Berkeley.
- Darn, I work for a living and can’t afford to travel like she does. I wish I could take a vacation with my house paid for on the taxpayers’ dime.
And I’m 11 years younger than she is, and I couldn’t keep up. And I sure as heck wouldn’t want some young person to get shot up protecting/dragging me along.
What a tool.
Imperial KeeperPosted by Elizabeth Imperial Keeper on 2007 04 23 at 02:16 PM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.