The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on July 24th, 2017 at 12:52 pm
Caring Margonaut Bill Avent answers the question: “Why do suicide bombers want to kill Iraqi workers?”
Easy. Because they’re working to support the American occupation of their country.
- Good thing those mad bombin’ foreign Jihadists illegally snuck across the border to tell them what to do with their country, then.Posted by Aaron – Freewill on 09/19 at 10:32 AM • permalink
- Where is the logic in that, as soon as the country is rebuilt and stable the U.S will leave,delaying the rebuilding will only keep the U.S there longer.Posted by Torontosteve on 09/19 at 11:11 AM • permalink
- Check the comment after Bill’s. Marylin Shepherd strikes again!
He didn’t figure that sacking the entire Sunni army was really dumb for one good reason – they had all the bloody weapons which they are now employing on the hated Shia
Yeah, the Yanks disbanded the army, threw open its arsenals and said, “Go for your life, boys!”
which they are now employing on the hated Shia who dare to get ahead of themselves and think they deserve a life free of torture and persecution.
So, um, Marylin, shouldn’t you be happy that GWB overthrew Saddam; the upshot being that the Shia have a chance at a life free of torture and persecution? According to the sympathies you’ve just shown, shouldn’t you support regime change?
All of this was predicted by the entire world.
If, by saying “predicted by the entire world” she means Webdiary readers feeling clever however many years after the event, then sure, the entire world.Fucking idiots.Posted by James Waterton on 09/19 at 11:26 AM • permalink
- I love the way they can find every explanation under the sun except the obvious one that, among other things, comes out of their own mouths, “Because they belong to an insane death cult.”
Why did Jim Jones’ nuts all kill themselves in the jungle? Because they didn’t get rent controlled apartments in San Francisco, or because they belonged to an insane death cult?
Why did Heaven’s Gate castrate and kill themselves? Because John Roberts hadn’t adequately defined “the general right to privacy,” or because they belonged to an insane death cult?
Why did Timothy McVeigh blow up the federal building? Because Jews really do control everything (Margo, don’t answer that one), or because he held insanely racist death cult views?
It’s NOT THAT HARD, people! They pop up all the time! They do not have legitimate grievances (which is not to say that they don’t feed on real political situations), they are death cults and they are insane. You get a purpose in life from believing that God sent you to kill his enemies who, by an amazing coincidence, just happen to be whoever you hate too. It’s pretty simple, if you know two pips about history and psychology. That apparently lets most of the left out….
- It’s not that they want to kill Iraqi workers, per se, but rather that they really want to kill somebody, but shooting at the Yanks, Aussies, etc. is a really good way to get dead in a hurry.
Iraqi workers rarely shoot back or track you down like a rabid dog and shoot you in the head.
Well, mostly. They do seem to be getting the hang of that these days…
- They’re delusional. They think they will succeed in chasing us away if public opinion can be turned against the war on terror like it was turned against the Vietnam war. Kerry & Kompany’s anti-war protests are still paying dividends.
We have to convince the world that the people in charge then have been replaced and the we Yanks are back.
Ok, ok, they’re evil idiots.
Wait a minute now. I thought we (i.e., the rightwing, the neocons) were evil. I know for certain Richard McEnroe is evil (oh yes, for certain) and I really do feel I have much evilness in me. One doesn’t move big lakes unless he has quite a bit of evility.
But the left, I think they’re simply idiotic, stupid, irresponsible, and a bit weak wristed.Posted by wronwright on 09/19 at 06:33 PM • permalink
- Wronwright, go back and reread page 3 of the “Big-Little Book of Neo-Con Ideology”. It clearly states there that we are not evil. Moving lakes is not evil in itself, it is the purposes for which the lakes are moved that renders it good or bad.
If you showed up at meetings more often you wouldn’t make mistakes like that.Posted by Michael Lonie on 09/19 at 08:59 PM • permalink
- Slightly O/T
I think I have found a worthy assistant for Margok, Courier Mail Letters page, Thomas Wertheim.
Lots,of punctuation, and Stuff, upper Case used Freely – gives one a big headache… I Stopped Reading.
- Well ok, maybe moving lakes in itself is not evil. But making me do it sure as hell is.
(gives screen a singularly evil stare)Posted by wronwright on 09/20 at 12:51 AM • permalink
- #20 So, wronwright, when you moved the lake did you dump it in NO?
O/T (or prolly on topic with lake moving, etc, Reader’s Digest this month has a section about figures. Did you know that hurricanes are stronger in the last 30 years due to global warming (they still haven’t caught up with the latest name change!). This type of quote brings into question any other “facts” they deliver.