The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 6th, 2017 at 01:47 pm
The wonderful Melanie Phillips spoke last night at Sydney’s Central Synagogue:
My pre-speech pitch to lure her permanently to Australia seems not to have been successful. Text of Melanie’s excellent speech is being sought.
(Thanks to Dan Lewis and Marty G. for invite and pix)
- Gee, that’s some aura there.Posted by Retread on 2007 02 28 at 11:08 AM • permalink
- Tim, you look better in a sports coat and white shirt. And the Joo cap works too. Maybe you should consider getting rid of the light blue sports shirt and adopting that as your sole wardrobe. Even when you play cricket or rugby.
By the way, America can send Maureen Dowd to take Melanie’s place. That’s not a problem at all. If you don’t respond within 5 minutes, we’ll take that as a YES.Posted by wronwright on 2007 02 28 at 12:14 PM • permalink
- I see you wear your kipa with a compassionate tilt!Posted by Joe Geoghegan on 2007 02 28 at 12:17 PM • permalink
- I can imagine all those trolls out there, seeing Tim wearing a yarmulke, and thinking to themselves….“Tim Blair is Jewish? The Zionist Conspiracy to control the media is deep indeed!” (cue hysterical laughter….)
(Note to pendants: yes, I am aware of the requirement for all males to be covered in a synagogue.)
Melanie has a fine blog…..I should read her more often.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 02 28 at 03:51 PM • permalink
- Looks like Tim has gone mainstream.Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 02 28 at 04:53 PM • permalink
- 16. A service at the Central Synagogue
Hey everyone! Great to be here in….So where are we again Johnnie?
Yeaahhh! The Central kicks ass! Sink more piss!
We love comin’ here. We love you guys, y’know? We really do. Hey! You guys out in the beer garden! You ready to rock?
Congregants in beer garden
We’re gunna put the SKULL back in SKULL CAP tonight!
Congregants in beer garden
We’re gonna but the BAR back in BAR MITZVAH!
congregants in beer garden
Sink more piss! Sink more piss!
Let’s lay some tefillin, boys. Ready? One, two, three….
- Having heard Melanie Phillips talk about what is happening in ‘Londonstan” financial and spiritual capital of Arabia and as Australia follows most things from Uk , we can look forward to more intollarance,violence,racsim than we are already experiencing with the left continuing to appease,justify ,advocate and support even at the peril of our great way of life! what a shame!
- People standing around after services, having something to drink, perhaps a little gnosh, peacefully yakking about the neighborhood or the world. It’s just so much more relaxing than pouring into the streets, firing guns in the air, and screaming “Death to the Jews!”, which is why the Muslim idea will never catch on with the general public.
- Tim, I think I speak for us all when I ask: “So, what did the baby’s blood taste like?”Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2007 02 28 at 08:36 PM • permalink
“It’s the small glowing beads of poloniom in new Omo-matic that makes my shirt whiter than white.”Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 03 01 at 12:08 AM • permalink
- Unbelievable. I just checked out the staff profile at Central Synagogue and every one of them had a Jewish sounding name. These Zionists sure do run a closed shop.Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2007 03 01 at 12:14 AM • permalink
- Frankly. as preferable it would be for her to move here, at least during the abyssimal British winter,she is one of the few voices of reason left in the UK and is sorely needed there.
Unfortunately she has her own belittlers amongst the liberal Jewish community of London, who i doubt are not far different from the Melbourne Jewish liberals who sent professor Israeli to coventry just a while ago.
I asked her once if she would take on the mantle of Oriana Falacci after her tragic death and i was surprised to hear that she was not a great fan of hers.
When i first sought out a copy of “Londonistan” in fashionable Kensington Bookshops, it was unavailable, yet the shelves were full of the likes of robert Fisk, Chomsky and John Pilger.
But last year, when i bought a copy in Holland Park, the attendant remarked that it was now policy to cover all points of view.
It’s a start is it not -and now there are more Londonistan type books by the likes of Nick Cohen finding their ways onto those shelves.
- further to the comment about Melbourne Jews and their similarity to London Jews.
form to day’s AJN
A NEW coalition of Australian Jews critical of Israeli security policies is set to launch a nationwide campaign voicing its dissent against the Jewish State and its supporters.
The group, called Independent Australian Jewish Voices (IAJV), is collecting signatures to back its cause and planning a major publicity blitz in the mainstream media in the coming weeks.
It is based on a similar campaign by the British group Independent Jewish Voices, which was this week accused of “paving the way for a second genocide” by visiting British journalist Melanie Phillips in a public lecture
- #33 Personally, I wouldn’t describe Loewenstein and Addammo as a coalition… but whatever floats their boat.Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 03 01 at 01:40 AM • permalink
Surprise! the Independent Australian Jewish Voices (IAJV) is the brainchild of Antony.
Would’nt they love to crucify Melanie.
But she’s far smarter and tougher than they are.
The long and tall of it is that these pathetic Jews are trying to establish themselves as the Official voice of Australian jewry as pacifiers of Islamic terrorism.
Independent Australian Jewish Voices
There is medication to stop those voices.Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2007 03 01 at 01:49 AM • permalink
- Melanie Phillips: Do not appease hatred
Good to see the Australian publishing Malanie. Abyone know how the Quadrant event went?
Counterpoint on the ABC radio national also had her on. Gave her a fair bit of time, last interview in the segment.Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2007 03 02 at 02:27 AM • permalink
- #45 davoYes, she has posted the lecture
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.