Last updated on June 24th, 2017 at 09:53 am
Cold, cold, cold! We’re all a-frozen in Australia:
• “Temperatures at Thredbo dropped to -4C and in Perisher to -2C, the coldest April days in the mountains for 30 years.”
• “Strathalbyn, south of Adelaide, had its coldest April night in more than a century …”
• “The city of Orange in central west New South Wales is experiencing possibly its coldest April day on record.”
• “Woomera had its coldest April morning in 60 years of records …”
Something strange is happening to our weather.
Damn straight, Ben. It isn’t following warmther predictions.
• “Temperatures fell by as much as 14 degrees below the April average in parts of southern Queensland this morning on the coldest recorded day of the year so far …”
• “Mt Hotham has just broken the all-time record for the coldest April day (Monday 28th April) ever in Victoria …”
• “It’s raining here today, and there is snow on the hills surrounding Melbourne. It was the coldest April day ever recorded in part of the state.”
• “Yesterday was the coldest April day in Sydney for 50 years …”
• “The coldest April day in our district EVER according to tonight’s news.”