The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 6th, 2017 at 06:30 am
Massive prices paid for Sydney beachside properties:
When Ann Arkins made the $3,725,000 bid needed to buy a block of Bondi Beach units yesterday she was more than happy.
She’d expected to pay a lot more …
In neighbouring suburb Tamarama, a four-bedroom, four-bathroom 1940s house overlooking the beach sold for $5.9 million – $1.5 million above reserve.
March is traditionally strong, it always has been, but the beachside suburbs have shown enormous strength in recent weeks …
Haven’t these people heard about the 100 metre floods that will wash away coastal properties worldwide? Why, it’s as though they want to drown.
- Yes, on the weekend I was chatting to my brother who had just had a BBQ with an ex work colleague. This chap took a stress package to leave work, and happens to live on the beach at Lennox Head. Apparently his wife has been getting worked up abut this rising sea level story, and is wanting to move. This ex-collegue was going on about how man’s shortsightedness was going to kill us all when the earth rose up and shook us off like the irritating fleas we are.
My brother, who lives on top of a ridge with panoramic views to Nimbin, offered a swap. This was summarily rejected. The conversation then started turing frosty when my brother suggested the ex-colleague was not prepared to act on his convictions.
Sorry but youve allready been beaten to Kalgoorlie.Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2007 04 01 at 08:06 PM • permalink
- Ann is obviously a front woman for Captain Obadiah Marsh and the rest of Dunwich…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2007 04 01 at 11:24 PM • permalink
- Sorry, Dunwich = Innsmouth. I’m not drinking enough to make sense of my Lovecraft…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2007 04 01 at 11:25 PM • permalink
- Sydney beaches were cleared this morning in anticipation of a tsunami which was supposed to be bearing down on the coast from somewhere out beyond the Solomon Islands.Sceptical surfers generally ignored warnings broadcast over loud speaker systems and had to be forced from the water and the beaches by lifeguards.This catastrophe,according to the State Emergency Service,was supposed to sweep the coast clean of those beachfront properties between 11am and noon.It’s now 1.30pm and I’m still sitting here at Lakemba waiting patiently for my new waterfront to arrive.I’m not holding my breath.
- last i heard most of the rise in water level is due to the fact that warm water expands. Floating ice don’t add all that much, and while the ice on Greenland and Antarctica is melting faster, by the same token (and for the same reason) its also growing faster (bitter cold is not precipitation friendly).Posted by mythusmage on 2007 04 03 at 08:14 AM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
The warming is already causing mutations.