The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on July 27th, 2017 at 06:28 am
The Briefing Room, yesterday: “Antony Loewenstein, who tags his intellectual opponents with the R-word whenever he runs out of arguments …”
True to form, today a flailing Loewenstein writes that I’m “famous” for “simplify[ing] debate into racial stereotypes.” Whatever the hell that means.
- I finally had a talk to Bill about the cartoon this morning. It is, as we surmised, about Qantas off-shoring its maintenance jobs to Asia. He chose Mount Fuji because he couldn’t think of another Asian natural landmark that could stand in so well for Uluru, as it features in the Qantas ads. When I told him about all this controversy, he said, “Yeah, I knew I should have added a tagline”.
- #4 cuckoo,
Is he one of those loons that claim that the Pakistani ISI, which really did fund both the Taliban and Al-Qaeda, is a CIA front?Posted by Spiny Norman on 2005 10 24 at 02:09 AM • permalink
- Awww, poor Dreamboat…
Again proof the left has no sense of humour.
—NoraPosted by The Thin Man Returns on 2005 10 24 at 02:10 AM • permalink
- Not only but also…..
a woman called Raisah bint Alan Douglas,formerly Rosemary Bannerman – is thinking of setting up a peer support group for “Wives of suspected Wahabi terrorists”.
Source The Australian.
Married to a Somali, she says the Muslim community is ostracising her since her husband was interviewed by A.S.I.O.
Thank you Muslim community for being supportive of your home Australia .
- #5 I don’t think he’s thought it through that far. To be fair to SBS (!), I think there was a glimmer of a raised eyebrow when Lee ‘Hotlips’ Lin Chin did her intro paraphrase that “having trained with a militant organisation was no grounds for detention”. Still, I could be wrong: it’s Mary Kostakidis who’s the queen of the raised eyebrow. Lee Lin is so, well, inscrutable.
- Any day now, you can expect a Michael Danby related post on his pitiful site. Blast you evil Oz Jews! It’s all censorship I tell you!
I wonder when the Margoyle will finally invite the Dreamboat over to fantasy land.Posted by blank_blank on 2005 10 24 at 03:22 AM • permalink
- There is a pathetic and virtually unread lefty blog called “Smogblot” produced from Western Australia which has had up for some weeks now as one of its very few comments one that Piers Akermann’s shortocomings include being a “dirty Jew.”Posted by Susan Norton on 2005 10 24 at 04:22 AM • permalink
- Re: #15, Hanyu, I think you divided by zero there!!!! 8^DPosted by The_Real_JeffS on 2005 10 24 at 04:25 AM • permalink
- I still don’t get the joke.
Got to love those shades and the glare of sunlight.
Very Rebel Without a Cause.
What are you saying, rhhardin?Posted by Major Anya on 2005 10 24 at 06:57 AM • permalink
- This just isn’t fair. Tim says nice things about me and links to my site and I get decent bursts of traffic. When Tim points to an example of Loewenstein’s endless drivel the Leftard’s counter goes nuts.
I need to change tactics. Blair, your mother wears army boots.
- Check comment made on that thread at Monday, October 24, 2005 7:05:55 PM.
Loewenstein might be flailing, but his offsider dirtbikeoption is consciously avoiding “flying into a stupour (sic)” over the issue.
Well, excuse me, I’m just pumping myself up for a doze.
It kinda works sometimes, though. For example, Loewenstein’s dumbing himself down for a thought.Posted by James Waterton on 2005 10 24 at 07:49 AM • permalink
- Lingus4, just saw that too. Can’t really see how relevant the Bolt quote is. The segment was about possible ramifications of the new anti-terrorism bill, who may be charged under them. Now unless Bolt is leading the prosecution of offenders his opinion isn’t worth diddly squat. Of course there will always be people around who will say Pilger should be locked up, and worse. Way to go Media Watch hacks.
- O/T. Check out the kerfuffle at Magroks’ WEbdIAry.
SEIV X Thread
Marilyn Shepherd and Damian Lataan are in full flight, screeching like banshees about the murderous HoWARd guvmint. There are a couple of dudes winding them up good.
I haven’t laughed so hard since the croc got my brother.
- Gibbo – classic! Ah, that Marylin. She’s da bomb.Posted by James Waterton on 2005 10 24 at 07:58 AM • permalink
- Typical. It’s just like a jew to simplify debate into racial stereotypes.Posted by Mystery Meat on 2005 10 24 at 08:17 AM • permalink
- Ioxy, that better have been meant “sarcastically.”Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2005 10 24 at 09:23 AM • permalink
- Gibbo, that croc thing…I’m dying over here…I want to use that under my sig sometime. May I? I’ll give you credit.
P.S. I would buy that Che Is Dead t-shirt in a second. Who knew that CafePress was a crypto-Stalinist website? Live and learn.
- Imre #2,
You mean he used Mount Fuji, the quintessential symbol for Japan, because he could not think of a landmark that would easily represent China? You might explain to him what the Great Wall is.Posted by Michael Lonie on 2005 10 24 at 01:32 PM • permalink
- Jeff Beck—Which army?Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 10 24 at 07:40 PM • permalink
- Interesting to watch the pack mentality in full ganging-up mode. Something quite primitive and feral about that. Savage, even, in a virtual sort of way.
“Define a nation?” I doubt it. But this debate certainly defines the readers of this blog. Look up from the carcass, guys. Wipe the blood from your mouths. Calm the slavering frenzy. Wash away the froth.
The monster you are brutalising is a pussy cat.
And Ringmaster Blair? Interesting to observe a master at work. You don’t have to like it, but you have to kind of admire it, in a bemused sort of way. Such pointless spite.
- If Flavius Antonius objects to racial stereotypes, he shouldn’t be living the life of one…Posted by richard mcenroe on 2005 10 24 at 09:38 PM • permalink
- Hey, it’s the New and Improved Nemesis 2.0 – now with 500% more faux-disinterested haughtiness.
Piece of advice, Nemmy: It’s not working, unless you’re auditioning for the role of “comically bad arts major stereotype”. Stick to your roots as the clueless tantrum-throwing kid, that’s much more your style.
- Ah, Phillip Adams and the ‘r’ word. In The Australian today he manages to say that Aussies are dreadful racists because they can’t stop the execution of BOTH convicted Caucasians AND convicted Viet-Asians in Singapore.
Now that’s what I call having it both ways.
It’s his very own ‘Tinted Armband Theory’.
- Ah, Nemesis, here to give us a bit of what for, eh? Give us a good seeing to? Your withering sarcasm is – incredibly – embarrassing even by leftwing, pouty-teen standards. Ganging up? Us? I beg your pardon. Lowenstein was ganged up on by his own liberal supporters. Here all we do is excoriate insufferables.
Also, let’s do try and maintain some semblance of metaphorical discipline while we’re at it. Gang, carcass, circus…Which is it? The street, the savannah, the bigtop? Or did all that just plop out in one big, heaving moment of poetic excess? Exercising a little restraint in our desperate need to lunge towards the color purple in our prose is not, we hope, too unkind a suggestion.
And accuracy here demands we acknowledge that Lowenstein is not only not dead but probably bloodless in any bodily state, so slavering’s right out. Tell you what, Nemmy, why don’t you go out and come in again with some fresh patter, or even better, just go out? Or is this all part of your midterm exam?
- Nemmy, you really shouldn’t try to condescend to people who are smarter than you.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2005 10 25 at 12:13 AM • permalink
- Nemesis is right – I’m so ashamed I’ll turn my thoughts to another tack…
The Dreamboat-soon will be making another run..
The dreamboat -promises something for everyone..
Set a course for adventure,your mind’s on a new romance
and l-o-o-ve won’t hurt you anymore…etc
Welcome aboard its LOVE…
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
What’s painfully clear is that he has no idea what the cartoon is about, and that his band of usual suspects have steered well clear of this one…