The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:30 am
I will make this jerk chicken. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But one day, the jerk chicken will be made. Meanwhile, I’ve got a hankering for some hippo meat:
Two people were injured as villagers scrambled for meat from a hippo that was killed by a vehicle along Thika Road yesterday.
The hippo lay near Clayworks Factory on the busy Thika highway near Kenyatta University for several hours after a speeding vehicle hit it.
Armed with all manner of tools, passersby and local residents rushed to the scene to get a slice of the rare meat.
“I have eaten hippo meat in the past and I know how sweet it is. Let us have the meat,” a man said as he ran to the scene.
Mmmm … jerk hippo.
- I make a fine jerk chicken myself. A word to the wise: when working with scotch bonnet or habenaro peppers, get some surgical rubber gloves and wear them when working with the little bastards. Do not, under any circumstance, succumb to the need to scratch as men are known to scratch. You will be sorry.
That is all.
- Gary —
They call him Flipper. Flipper
Chunk light in water!
No one in the sea
Tastes better than he…!Posted by richard mcenroe on 02/26 at 12:33 AM • permalink
- So, where’s PETA in all this? Sounds like their anti-meat campaign is faltering.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 02/26 at 01:14 AM • permalink
- The Real Jeff S — They’re trying to work out a recipe for jerk tofu…Posted by richard mcenroe on 02/26 at 12:46 PM • permalink
- i ‘jerk chicken’ most days but i dont eat it. that’s gross! b.t.w, what kind of car survives a run-in with a hippo?Posted by Deo Vindice on 02/26 at 11:23 PM • permalink
I would of thought Michael Moore!Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 02/27 at 03:04 AM • permalink
- richard—“jerk tofu” is a DOUBLE insult…..Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 02/27 at 03:05 AM • permalink
It’s all about the OIIIIIILLLLLLLLL!