The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 5th, 2018 at 01:45 pm
Leaving aside Crikey.com.au (ranking: 47,736) here are Australia’s top ten lefty blogs, as determined by Alexa traffic counts (which may or may not be reliable; beats me how these things work). Note that the count for some sites are combined due to sharing a common domain:
1. Tim Lambert: 122,559
2. Troppo Armadillo: 131,292
3. Larvatus Prodeo and Rob Corr: 211,441 (Note: the daily ranking at LP’s new site is 159,263)
4. Catallaxy Files: 225,663
5. John Quiggin: 320,092
6. David Tiley and Cast Iron Balcony: 382,880
7. Gary Sauer-Thompson: 388,696
8. Singing Bridges (Australia’s best blog): 595,755
9. Tim Dunlop: 708,228 (Note: Dunlop’s daily ranking is 266,229, which may be more representative)
10. Daily Flute: 825,427
It’s possible I’ve missed a couple. Add any omissions in comments.
- Crochet hooks and knitting needles ~ Exactly why they wouldn’t allow the lethal buggers on US flights. Knitting grannies can snap at a moment’s notice, they’re THAT unstable.
“Knit one, purl two” is like some Ninja training mantra. It finishes with “jab it in and push it through”.Posted by tree hugging sister on 2005 12 30 at 03:41 PM • permalink
- Scott Wickstein here, hijacking Tex’s computer while I laze around on his country estate, Rancho Texo.
Not sure about that number for Troppo because it might incorporate the traffic for the entire ‘Ubersportingpundit’ domain so if it is counting my cricket blog as well, that might explain the higher number.
Tex is not dead, he’s just too lazy to blog these days.
- For sentimental reasons, I think Webdiary belongs on that list.Posted by Mystery Meat on 2005 12 30 at 11:35 PM • permalink
- catallaxy seems more free-market libertarian than lefty to me.Posted by drscroogemcduck on 2005 12 31 at 12:37 AM • permalink
- Catallaxy must also be the only “leftoid” blog with a Liberal Party member among its bloggers.Posted by mark_bahnisch on 2005 12 31 at 01:31 AM • permalink
- Crooked Timber has two Australian members and ranks 39,562. As you say, it’s unclear what this means, but it’s ranked higher than any of the rightoid Oz blogs I could locate on a quick scan.Posted by John Quiggin on 2005 12 31 at 08:21 AM • permalink
I would just bet some blogs devoted to crochet rank higher.