The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:31 am
Via Reason’s Katherine Mangu-Ward, the most horrifying development in children’s media since UNICEF documented the Great Smurf Massacre of 2003:
The United Nations has ventured into children’s publishing with a scary story about a small boy who loses a dogsled race because of global warming. In November the odd little picture book cum policy brief, Tore and the Town on Thin Ice, made the rounds at the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Kenya.
The night after he loses the race by falling through a weak place in the ice, Tore has a dream in which he sees the Inuit goddess Sedna, who warns him that “rich countries use – and waste – an awful lot of energy. Huge cars. Too many cars instead of efficient trains and buses” …
A polar bear moans that he is starving, and then – when Tore gets upset – a whale calls to him: “That’s the spirit! Get good and angry. You’ll need all that energy to make a difference.”
Polar bear moaning is also noted in Byron Bay:
- In the entire history of human occupancy of the region currently known as Canada, people have been falling through the ice in winter (quite often in spring and fall also).
One ould have imagined that the gene pool was being gradually improved as a result of these “accidents”.
Alas, this improvement is not immediately obvious
UNICEF is doing it again – confusing me with someone who gives a shit.
.Posted by Jack from Montreal on 2007 02 01 at 12:18 PM • permalink
- A polar bear moans that he is starving, and then – when Tore gets upset – a whale calls to him: “That’s the spirit! Get good and angry. You’ll need all that energy to make a difference.”
Whereupon, Tore, being Inuit to the core, stuck a big harpoon in the whale and presto — enough blubber to feed the whole village for six months. He sold the polar bear skin to a trader and saved up enough money to finally buy himself a snowmobile instead of having to rely on damned old-fashioned dogs. And they all lived happily ever after.
- It looks like your car has already melted the contours of that poor blind, noseless, earless, toeless polar bear to the point where it resembles nothing so much as a chalk pictogram.
See, humans mastering fire started global warming! The proof:
And if you still don’t believe me here’s Al Gore with his hockey stick:
You can tell he’s getting off on all the attention.
- Like the guy in Terminator who could reconstitute himself no matter how many bits he’d been blown to, the class struggle narrative never really dies, no matter how often it’s repudiated.
It’s like putting one’s finger on a drop of mercury.
What perniciousness. Without Marx, no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot, etc., etc.
- As if that wasn’t bad enough. I am in the UK this week, so I get lots of brainwashing updates on GW on the news.
It seems that hedgehogs are losing their quills due to ||| || | GLOBAL WARMING | || |||
- First, indoctrinate the children…Posted by Kyda Sylvester on 2007 02 01 at 01:25 PM • permalink
- #16, not that I want to dispute the BBC, seeing how much I really respect them, but I think something else must be going on with the hedgehogs. When we went to Tennessee in December, we weren’t allowed to see the black bears in their habitat on top of the mountain because they were hibernating. And it was 60 degrees F.
Unless Tennessee black bears are just more determined than English hedgehogs, of course.
Your car is melting my ice?
Hey, here in the Chicago area, the ice fights back against cars…viz. 3,4 or 5 car pile ups on icy roads.
Fine, ice wants a war – its on! Now where did I put that salt?Posted by Major John on 2007 02 01 at 01:55 PM • permalink
- So I assume the environmentalists will have no objection to the Pan-Arctic Construction Organization’s plans to connect each and every Eskimo village by rail?
We start blasting tomorrow.Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2007 02 01 at 01:56 PM • permalink
- Wait until they figure out that the whole “space program” has been nothing but a conspiracy to spread our glowball wormyning all across the solar system.
We’re even now, this very moment, working toward melting the polar ice caps on Mars, just incase some form of space polar bear is hiding up there too.
- #12, I was thinking maybe Chris Onstad.
- Major John, Room 237 – I’m in Chicago too. And you’re right, it’s really, really cold today – and it’s only going to get colder over the weekend. But speaking of “efficient public transportation”, this morning, I took efficient Chicago public transportation to work. It was great, except that the efficient CTA bus was 25 minutes late. Which meant that I missed my efficient Metra train. And so I got to wait for an hour on the efficient Metra platform, freezing my goddam efficient ass off, until the next efficient Metra train came along.
What asshole writes that crap, anyway?
OT: Go Bears!Posted by Urbs in Horto on 2007 02 01 at 02:23 PM • permalink
This is where I live there are polar bears north of here. The bears population has grown 25% since 1960.
In fact there are too many of them and the government of Nunavut allows them to be culled each year.
So it’s presently -23. Its been below normal for 2 weeks something that wouldn’t be possible if the hockey stick graph wasn’t an out and out fraud.
Going down to -35 saturday can someone tell me how the ice will melt like Al Gore sez when it’s -35°C?
records in winnipeg
It will be a record on saturday if we hit -35
If the hockey stick is real why are we still getting record lows? Shouldn’t we only be setting record highs?
Or is it possible the hockey stick is err wallaby worms?Posted by hollingshead on 2007 02 01 at 02:34 PM • permalink
So, is it the eskimos who don’t want more heat, or the leftists condescending to them, who don’t think they should have it?
I want more heat pls run your SUV!Posted by hollingshead on 2007 02 01 at 02:35 PM • permalink
- The goddam Useless Nitwits can go f*uck themselves.
If they think cars are a problem, I’d suggest they give up their limos and walk. (Preferably off the nearest pier.)Posted by Barbara Skolaut on 2007 02 01 at 02:37 PM • permalink
- Couldn’t the polar bear just eat Tore? One less polluting human, one more well-fed bear. Q.E.D.Posted by mark from monroe on 2007 02 01 at 02:59 PM • permalink
- How is it even POSSIBLE that sign is still unviolated? The very SECOND I looked at it I thought “Ok, when no one is looking, creep up and…”. It must be one of those yankee towns with no Republicans at ALL. I can’t believe something that sanctimonious is still standing unmolested.Posted by mencken_cynic on 2007 02 01 at 03:21 PM • permalink
- I live within an hour of Montreal, it has been dang cold. But that doesn’t count, because they are having a mild winter here in Europe, and so that equals ((( global warming.))) Can’t you guys keep up with the science? I didn’t understand it either, until I surrendered to its inevitable logic. Resistence is futile, all that. Now I sort of feel like Winston Whateverhisnamewas at the end of 1984, waiting for the blessed bullet from big brother.
- a bit of advice from frank zappa…..
dont eat the yellow snow.
Dreamed I was an eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero…
And my mama cried
And my mama cried
Dont be a naughty eskimo
Save your money, dont go to the show
Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
Well I turned around and I said ho, ho
And the northern lights commenced to glow
And she said, with a tear in her eye
Watch out where the huskies go, and dont you eat that yellow snow
Watch out where the huskies go, and dont you eat that yellow snow
- First they nuked the Smurfs, now they half drown Nanook & White Fang. What’s next, the Easter Bunny, Peter Rabbit, Harvey and the Velveteen Rabbit all get hauled off for vivisection? Kanga gets deported despite her anchor baby Rooh? Obelix goes vegetarian? That little belgian fucker marries the Captain & goes on the dole? Way to make for golden childhood!
- It’s been cold here in Eastern Washington for a few weeks. Cold for this part of the country, anywho—subfreezing temps, but not subzero (that’s in Fahrenheit, all youse Celsius bubbas). Yet.
But the good news is, I just got my brand new Blaze King™ Princess model wood stove. Now I can burn WOOD to heat my home, and add to globAL GOREming.
BUAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 02 01 at 03:46 PM • permalink
- OK, bolding is off……now.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 02 01 at 03:46 PM • permalink
- I don’t mind encouraging global goreming, BUT DON’T WASTE BOLDING AND ITALICS, PEOPLE!
That stuff is expensive, doncha know? I just saved you from Andrea’s wrath.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 02 01 at 03:48 PM • permalink
- Rob C its -5C in Chicago And you are like a 4 day drive south from where the polar bears live if you could drive there.
Now if its -5 while that might seem warm to some loser from up north [me] even so it doesn’t melt ice.
So the polar bears would have to do a 4 day drive to find melted ice.
lefties are looney,
Oh and the numbers of polar bears are up 25%.Posted by hollingshead on 2007 02 01 at 03:56 PM • permalink
- Here is a story of a heroic dumpster chicken who gave his life in a kamakazee attempt at stopping electricity delivery in Alaska in a bid to save his polar bear friends.
- #50, hollingshead:
Oh and the numbers of polar bears are up 25%.
But, based on the “because we said so” method of Lancet statistical modeling, the polar bears should have increased by 50%! So the bear population growth has been cut by half to not even a whole half of a growth. And half a bear is still a messy dead bear.
- #55, paco:
What?!? Did you miss your block meeting for updates to Party Approved Rhetoric? PAR-U meetings are mandatory, you know! I wont report you this time because I’m ok on quota but you gotta be more careful, man! You never know who’s listening that might be under the scope and needing to prove loyalty, you know, man?
Ok, here’s the part that applies to this discussion that you missed.
The overall polar bear numbers are up. This is bad. To negate that badness, we need to show how those same numbers should have been higher. And, since the numbers aren’t higher, that actually means they are lower.
So there may be more actual living polar bears but the polar bear population has diminished because the numbers are lower than what they would be if they were higher. Since the numbers are not higher than what they are, they are lower than what they should have been and lower means not as many.
So, there aren’t as many polar bears!
There ya go. Now, make the next meetings or I’m gonna have to turn you in.
- #53—you are right. For 40 + years the gloom and doomers have been preaching gloom and doom.
“POPULATION BOMB!!” (of which the only prediction that came true was the collapse of the Soviet Union)
“GLOBAL COOLING—NEW ICE AGE!!!”
NO I MEAN GLOBAL WARMING!
NO, I REALLY MEAN CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!!
And I am someone who thinks that paving over Monument Valley is a bad idea and even accept that a portion of the increase in global temperatures are manmade.
But the more they scream and cry and rend garments, and not that much happens, the more shrill they will get.
In any event, I do not think this is about environment, I think it is about control.
- As a sensitive child I was convinced in the early 70’s that the earth was going to be an uninhabitable polluted radioactive waste that would make Soylent Green look like Top Hat. So I decided to become an alcoholic.
Get ready for the next generation….Posted by mark from monroe on 2007 02 01 at 04:35 PM • permalink
- You guys are sooo insensitive Polar bear extinction is inevitable! Even though it actually hasn’t happened yet, the models prove it will. “Scientists” are so confident of this fact, that they haven’t even bothered to count the bears, but have noticed them eating carion, something bears never do, er do they?, and swimming. So that proves it, and get over it you guys. You’ve been served and “it’s on.”
- And now that 5 minute power outage, starring the Eiffel Tower, may cause more harm than good:
“Some experts said that, while well-intentioned, the lights-out could consume more energy than it would conserve because of a power spike when the lights turn back on _ possibly causing brownouts or even blackouts.”
Typical lefty stunt.
- What laugh, the biggest most incompetent buracracy on the planet, producing doom and gloom childrens books. This outfit with its questionable credentials, that should have been folded up two decades ago. Still, with the fall of communism, it gives the left a security blanket, and the Islamic ‘victim’ facists a platform. I would think a childrens book written by John Goti or ‘Chopper’ Reed would have more credibility.
- I liked their War Against the Smurfs cartoon way better. This one is totally lame.Posted by Steve Skubinna on 2007 02 01 at 06:12 PM • permalink
One polar bear population (western Hudson Bay ) has declined since the 1980s and the reproductive success of females in that area seems to have decreased. We are not certain why, but it appears that ecological conditions in the mid-1980s were exceptionally good.
=Dr. Mitchell Taylor
Polar Bear Biologist,
Department of the Environment,
Government of Nunavut , Igloolik , Nunavut , Canada
May 1, 2006
Polar bear story that puts the lie to Al Gore
I got the link from Popovitch’s blog. But what gets to me is none of this matters. The groupthink has taken hold.
- The evidence is all around on the roads and in the carparks of America. You see it in the giant pick-up trucks and hulking four-wheel drives – known stupidly as Sports Utility Vehicle – which dominate the landscape. They are dinosaurs. Plain and simple.
– Melbourne Herald Sun motoring editor Paul Gover, hardly a greenie, in today’s Melbourne Herald Sun (not online), on Ford and GM’s huge losses due to a downturn in sales of SUVs. He goes on to say:
They are so far out of step with the rest of the car world that it is hard to see the point. Until you see the enjoyment they bring to their American owners.
- “So now we can expect suicide bomber Eskimos?”
Don’t worry, they’ll all fall through the thin ice before they can get to us.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2007 02 01 at 07:48 PM • permalink
- I’ve got another childrens’ story for the UN. It’s called “Kojo and the Pot of Gold”. Using his father’s connections, little Kojo, a cute kid from Ghana, find pots of gold, especially in Iraq, and ends up with apartments in Manhattan, swish cars and fast women. The moral is: you may be an ignorant kid from a third-world hellhole in Africa, but play your cards right and you can end up like Donald Trump.
- And another one…..
CNSNews.com) – Move over, Chicken Little. A children’s book planned for release in September is an attempt to “fill the minds of children with ‘sky-is-falling’ global warming hysteria,” a Republican senator warns.
The producer of former Vice President Al Gore’s film “An Inconvenient Truth” is hard at work on a new project: writing a book to help school kids “understand why global warming happens.”[…]”Written for ages 8 and up, ‘The Down-to-Earth Guide to Global Warming’ is the comprehensive resource young readers can look to for understanding why global warming happens and how we can work together to stop it,” Scholastic said
[…]Inhofe said he also found it interesting that Scholastic made the announcement regarding David’s book just before the United Nations is set to release a major study on climate change.
“It appears that Laurie David is joining the United Nations in aiming its global warming propaganda at children,” the senator said.
“Having failed for nearly three decades to convince the American people and their leaders to jump on the global warming alarmism bandwagon, David and the U.N. are trying to fill the minds of children with ‘sky-is-falling’ global warming hysteria,” Inhofe said.
Of course anyone that ‘dissents’ or questions or facts, is crucified…
It is a sign of how politicized global warming has become when a father’s push for his daughter’s junior high school science class to present both sides of the global warming controversy becomes a national story—with the father being portrayed as the villain.
To recap, Frosty Hardison, the parent of a seventh-grader who attends school in Federal Way, Wash., was troubled to learn that science teacher Kay Walls had planned on showing her class Al Gore’s global-warming pic “An Inconvenient Truth”—without presenting any contrary information.
Hardison is an evangelical Christian who, as The Washington Post reported, sees global warming as “one of the signs” of Judgment Day. That is, Hardison fits the sort of stereotype bound to attract national media attention under the rubric: religious zealot fights science in schools.
- #32 of course, we should be trying to eliminate all bears.
Go ColtsPosted by Jack from Montreal on 2007 02 01 at 08:16 PM • permalink
- #8 And no wonder the bloody ice melted.Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 02 01 at 08:17 PM • permalink
- The more extreme the propaganda, the less impact it will have. Stuff like this only terrifies children under 5 and those with a mental age under five, such as those poor buggers who donate their welfare payments to the Greens, Greenpeace, WWF, ACF and other luxury travel clubs. If the people at the top of these organisations believed the propaganda, they would stop flying to exotic locations every other day.
The parallels are there in the ideological battle between left and right. The left has gone so far out there in its hatred for John Howard, it has ceased to be effective. People such as Ramsay, Adams and Leunig used to be at the centre of opinion making in Australia. Now they are viewed as lunatics, like the guy who used to walk Sydney’s streets wearing a crude wooden horse around his waist and covered in signs attacking psychiatry. Is that you, Phil?
- #23 romm237, no, subtract 32, divide by 9 and multiply by 5
5 – 32 = -27 / 9 = -3 x 5 = -15 Centigrade. There, that’s easy 🙂Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 02 01 at 08:46 PM • permalink
- Ottawa weather report:
We’re getting a warm spell for the enxt couple of days. Minus9/-5C highs then back down to the -20s.
But hey, it’s a dry cold, so it must be global warming causing draughtPosted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 02 01 at 08:52 PM • permalink
- #44- I think you may find that Peter Rabbit has been recruited by other interests who are more keen on global domination rather than global warming.
(I think Jimmah Cahtah was a training exercise rather than an actual dark op).
Of course we all know where this is heading– hungry polar bears may be our only hope, keep on warmening!
- #41 mencken_cynic, the sign is in Australia!!Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 02 01 at 08:55 PM • permalink
- Recycle this, Nimbats!
- #67 BJM, Victim hood is an integra lpart of fascism – see A. Hitler and B./ Mussolini for earlier versions. They both talked of the lost greatness and decadence of the bourgois democracies and how they oppress the umma(s). Nothing new, it’s called islamo-fascism for a reason. Victor Hanson Davis explains this much better than I.Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 02 01 at 09:10 PM • permalink
Victim hood is an integra lpart of fascism – see A. Hitler and B./ Mussolini for earlier versions.
Let’s not forget V. Lenin, J. Stalin, F. Castro, M. T. Tung, and P. Pot. The victims (and the victimized) were different groups, but the results were the same.Posted by Rob Crawford on 2007 02 01 at 09:20 PM • permalink
- How much revenue does Alaska get from the Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline (17% of US oil supply) hmmmmmmmm?
- OH MY GOD WE’RE ALL GONNA DROWNPosted by richard mcenroe on 2007 02 01 at 09:26 PM • permalink
- According to this, if global warming is all it’s cracked up to be, Byron Bay residents could soon be the beneficiaries of new coral reefs just off its shores.
The introduction of coral polyps to this community would surely represent a gain in the average IQ…Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 02 01 at 09:27 PM • permalink
No, it’s MUCH MUCH WORSE than that!!!!Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 02 01 at 09:32 PM • permalink
- Speaking of sanctimonious signs, this is probably the worst I’ve ever seen.
‘Jesus Loves Osama’ signs have been placed outside a number of Christian churches of the feeble, lefty persuasion. Like the ones that banned a WWII digger from having the flag on his coffin, rest his noble soul.
The bastards. I’d burn the Church down if I was a member. Well not quite, but you know what I mean.
- Holy crap! Latest satellite images!!!!!Posted by Margos Maid on 2007 02 01 at 09:38 PM • permalink
- Sheila: Al Gore is on a rampage
This thing is getting worse
Tuvalu is sinking
Who can we blame and curse?
Sharon: Should we blame the Asian continent?
Liane: Or blame society?
Dads: Or should we blame Kofi or Bankiiiii?
Sheila: No, blame America
Everyone: Blame America
Sheila: With all their hamburgers and fries
And their large rotund backsides
Everyone: Blame America
Sheila: We’ve even been told by Gore,
Everyone: It’s America’s fault!
Sharon: Don’t blame me
It’s all their SUV’s
sucking all that petrol
and killing lots of trees
Liane: Polar bears are melting
the sky is falling in,
we’ll create a new religion, to fart will be a sin.
Sheila: Well, blame America
Everyone: Blame America
Sheila: It seems that everything’s gone wrong
Since America came along
Everyone: Blame America
Copy Guy: They’re not even a democracy anyway
- My God the insanity…
I’d be pulling my hair out (if I had any to pull), tearing my clothes and rolling in ashes if I hadn’t already excepted the fact that Rome is falling (again) and all of this leftoid anti-think is just a symptom.
Every great civilization runs it’s course, and I believe ours is kicking the bucket. I just pray it holds out until I’m 80. I want to be that angry old man who plows through a horde of chanting gaia worshippers in a 1973 Cadilac Fleetwood. At 90 MPH. In San Francisco.
Ahhh. I feel so much better now!
- You might have heard Flannery on Radio National this morning say that we had wasted ten years by not signing Kyoto!
In other words, our 1.4% is way more important than the rest. Not a word about who is using all the products (eg aluminium) which help to produce our highest per capita emissions. End user, anyone?
Is it any wonder many remain sceptical in the face of a religion which argues so poorly. He may was well have said that the sky is falling and a piece of it just hit him on the head on the way into the studio. Fran would have backed him on that, just as the whole of the ABC (and others) seem to be backing this new UN (note: UN) report before any detailed anaylsis of it is done, just as they ullulated about Stern.
- #113 – very good!
Off-topic – I installed this F/fox addon called Jajah this morning, and now every date that’s displayed as (as opposed to 2007/02/02) has a purple line under it. ‘Click this number to call with Jajah.’ There’s a bug to be ironed out here, guys!
On the other hand, it’s got possibilities. I’ll just type in my favourite set of numbers…Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2007 02 02 at 06:29 AM • permalink
- Well, that joke died a miserable bloody death, didn’t it? (The numbers, for those of you who are curious, were 45-29-36.)Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2007 02 02 at 06:33 AM • permalink
Was over in West Timor some months back and fuck me if the sea is rising i did not see it, Every morning I’d wake up with a rummbling gut from to much chilli,stand on the back of my hut and cast my eye to the Ocean that was 10 metres away.Now my hole in the ground that was a toliet was pure evil so i would take delight in a early morning Auqa Turd,Now if the tide was out it was a scramble of 600 metres across a reef to the water for relief or up to a 800 metres for a surf,Locals picking seaweed would watch my dash for mercy “oh god fuck FUCK i,m not going to make it AAAAAARGH splash …….Hmmmmm….chilli…
- Smurf fucking had it coming
- Number One son came home from school today (Year 10), and informed me that they may show Al Gore’s ‘puff fantansy’, and that the UN had released its findings on ‘Glowball Warmining’. This was while I was watching ‘Hogan Heroes’, so I expected he was winding me up. I said if he did not want to see this trash, he could walk out. He was somewhat shocked, and elated. I said that there was no decent, if he did not want to sit through propaganda. If he gets into trouble, I will back him to the hilt. Mind you he can be a ‘mouthy’ sod, and does not take to having bullshit crammed down his throat to easily.
- UN adds to hot air no wonder summer is so warm.Posted by stackja1945 on 2007 02 02 at 07:04 AM • permalink
Stuff the MBEs, titles for all and seats in the House of Lords! Last one to Buckingham Palace is a rotten egg. Whoops, no good for Joycey, who settle for no less than County Fermanagh being returned to the Republic! No. Stuff that. The Republic & the UK can reunite and crown Joycey, Edward the Ninth, Emporer of the Universe!
It’s the dawn of a new golden era for Iri…South Afri…Engl…whatever cricket. Who cares! They won! No need to try any more, just lap it up, get trolleyed and remind everybody for the next 40 years about the time they thrashed Australian by 92…who said 92? No make a buzillion runs, and they did it without any arms or legs, with an anvil tied around their necks and their ears nailed to the pitch. Not to mention the umpires setting up machine gun nests at the non-strikers and square leg to take pot shots at Joycey, who, incidently, is my everyone’s new best mate until they forget about him next week and want to lynch him the week after that. Oh, and the Australians cheated too by not committing mass Hari-Kari the moment anybody on the England team appealed. Disobedient convict scum they are! In fact, the whole series was a set-up until now. If Panesar opened the batting and bowling and kept wicket between overs England would have won the series hands down. It’s likely the Australian nation would have given up on cricket all together. England were just setting up the perfect ambush! And they did it, so there! Take that Australia, you nobodies!
And you know why the land of criminals are afraid of Monty?! Because they’re not just cheats and convicts, they’re racists too! That’s right. All Australians are racist. Every last one of the filthy, dirty rotters. John Pilger and Germaine Greer told me so. But don’t worry about them. Just ask poor Andy Symonds who wishes he was English but won’t admit it because he’s afraid of being shackled, whipped and sent to work on a cane farm for the term of his natural life.
News item found manually:
ABC site search is useless, only finds positive Rudd articles?
- “Too many cars instead of efficient trains and buses”
As if top level U.N. bureaucrats took trains and buses to work.
Spare me.Posted by Dave Surls on 2007 02 02 at 07:45 AM • permalink
- Quite so, kae. At the end of the worst week – in fact the worst damned month I’ve had since I joined the current outfit, what’s one more failure?
I’ve just done my bit to combat rising sea levels though. A nice long bath, ahh yes!Posted by SwinishCapitalist on 2007 02 02 at 07:50 AM • permalink
- ’By Christopher Tan Business Times Nov. 28, 2001’
‘Bullet-proof BMW for Kofi Annan’
‘UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan received the keys to a new, bullet-proof car on Monday, reported AP. The armoured black BMW 750iL was offered to Mr Annan to replace a bullet-proof Volvo that he has used for several years, UN spokesman Fred Eckhard said. Helmut Panke, a member of the BMW board, presented the car along with a US$10,000 cheque to the United Nations Children’s Fund.’
The U.N. can take its propaganda and stick it up its collective ass.Posted by Dave Surls on 2007 02 02 at 08:11 AM • permalink
- O/T but can we nominate the UN for the Wilfred G. Burchett prize for journalism?
Their slavish toeing of the party line and repeating of acceptable doctorines would have done him proud.
I have been doing some reading on Burchett and most of the Uni sources seem to be praising him or omitting any reference to his obvious propagandising during a number of wars.
Then i come accross this little beauty from one of the ratbag commie mobs.
Writing on the glory of soviet occupied germany.
Skip to section 3 and read of his treatment by the Soviets when he fell ill, then the “happy german workers” stories a bit futher on.
The man was a slug, and a template for many of the leftist journos operating today.Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2007 02 02 at 08:12 AM • permalink
- #144 thefrollickingmole. Pilger now carries on where the treasonist bastard Burchett finished. Have you read the part where he reportedly helped North Koreans ‘interrogate’ captured Americans during the Korean War? I don’t know if he did it to Australians, even if he did, we would not be told anyway, especially by some media outlets. But, it is the same old stuff with leftist propaganda, only the enemy changes with time.
Yup, he lost a defamation case in Australia, one of the facts downplayed by one of the university reviews was “There was no evidence as such, just personal testimonies from POW’s who had seen him working with north Koreans”.
So eyewitness testimony from multiple sources is reffered to as “just” in their eyes.
What warmed the cockles of my heart though was seeing at one stage in the trial he was nearly strangled by a witness in court!!Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2007 02 02 at 10:10 AM • permalink
The cold air hovering over Winnipeg is predicted to push temperatures below normal for up to 90 days, said a national Environment Canada meteorologist.
More proof the hockey stick is lies. Or is Winnipeg on another globe and thus not effected by warming?
This is bad for our polar bear he doesn’t go outside at the zoo. Run your ac drive your SUV so its warm enough for the polar bears.
Have some compassion!Posted by hollingshead on 2007 02 02 at 12:02 PM • permalink
- #131 – if you are in Australia, send your son to school with a note excusing him from religious education – explaining that GAIA worshiping is a violation of your beliefs and do not wish to have your son participate.
That way they HAVE to find alternate supervision for him – removing his need to walk out of class and deny the leftist Gaia worshippers a chance to persecute him.Posted by CanberraNeoCon on 2007 02 03 at 05:40 AM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Are those the SUVs of UN officials whenever they have to journey to some “3rd World” country like Indonesia or Iraq? Or is it just the UN limos of New York City?
Al Gore is one thing but this (above) is pure “black propaganda”.
“Too many cars instead of efficient trains and buses” …
I would love to take one of those to work but here in Seattle, it has taken decades to get even a basic system underway. It still won’t enable me to get to work by other than car but it’s not in anybody’s back yard. Millions have been spent on lawyers, politicians and “planning commissions”. What a waste.
BTW, that polar bear in the picture has a pretty big belly. Can’t be starving too badly.