The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on July 26th, 2017 at 12:16 pm
Some 70 Australians were in the hurricane-hit US south; many are still unaccounted for. Houston’s Bob Carter sends some helpful information for any family or friends seeking Australians (or anyone, for that matter) who may have been evacuated to Texas:
I just returned from some volunteer work at the George R. Brown convention center here in Houston and they had nobody in their data base from Australia.
But if anybody has questions regarding missing people or those at the Astrodome or Reliant Arena in Houston they can call the following: 832-667-3189 and 281-564-6669.
I hope this helps anyone who might have a personal interest in this.
Much thanks, Bob. Speaking of the Astrodome, I called a friend today after seeing extraordinary vision on CNN, and used a combination of words I doubt I’ll ever use again: “Turn on the TV! Dr Phil is in the Dome!”
- But Fats Domino is ouda da house!Posted by Habib on 09/05 at 10:46 AM • permalink
- Yeah, I couldn’t believe they interviewed Dr. Phil. An entire city of displaced homeless people who had lost everything, people still missing, bodies yet to be found, and the question of the hour is “will their counseling needs be met?”Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 09/05 at 11:01 AM • permalink
- Slightly OT,
I noticed Media Watch’s utter failure to deliver on their promise to take Mark Steyn down tonight…Posted by James Waterton on 09/05 at 11:23 AM • permalink
- To Dr Phil’s credit, he said keeping everyone alive was more important then counseling right now. First sensible thing he’s ever said I think.Posted by Aging Gamer on 09/05 at 11:25 AM • permalink
- I was actually more critical of the news person’s questions—they were the ones harping on the “counselling” angle. Well, I guess they didn’t know what else to ask Dr. Phil.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 09/05 at 12:23 PM • permalink
- Think I am changing my screen name to the Merry Widow!
There is little that I can do, but I will be happy to provide any assistance that I can muster for any Aussies trapped down here. One of my nephews spent nearly 10 months down under after his “trip aboard” earned him a ripped off wallet before departure and he spent time working at a sheep farm to earn airfare home–thank god someone gave him a job.