The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:30 am
Australia’s frog hospital is to close, reports the BBC:
Over the years more than 1,500 frogs have been treated at the clinic.
Many were attacked by cats and dogs, while it is believed that some were tortured by school children with sticks.
Others were accidentally squashed by flower-pots or choked by pesticides.
Experts consider frogs to be important environmental barometers.
In related environmental news, Greenpeace warns of impending pesticide clouds, domestic beast assaults, flower-pot rain, and mass stickings by uniformed ghouls. “It’s all due to climate change,” said a spokesman.
(Via Alan R.M. Jones)
UPDATE: Sick frogs kicked out into the street
UPDATE II. R.H. Hardin in comments: “Technically, frogs are ranometers.”
- A fly clinic for victims of wanton boys has been needed since Shakespeare’s time.Posted by rhhardin on 03/19 at 11:25 AM • permalink
- They’d have probably saved their funding if they only toad the line…Posted by richard mcenroe on 03/19 at 11:37 AM • permalink
- If only the staff had hopped to it, they might have obtained the necessary funding to stay open.
Sadly, Australians with frogs in their throats now will have to seek medical assistance else. Hopefully, insurance will cover this drastic change.
Wait, did I misunderstand……?Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 03/19 at 11:48 AM • permalink
- The Real Jeff S — I think you’re a tadpole off the point…
And the point is What is the Howard Government doing about those sticks?! How long will the innocent suffer for the inaction of the State in the face of hyperactive male aggression?Posted by richard mcenroe on 03/19 at 11:57 AM • permalink
Drugs are bad. That includes alcohol.
Chimps can do one-liners.Posted by richard mcenroe on 03/19 at 12:35 PM • permalink
- Bah. Fuck the frogs. They’ve survived the ages when we were REALLY dirty. If they’re dying now, I call it natural selection, not pollution.Posted by James Waterton on 03/19 at 01:20 PM • permalink
mass stickings by uniformed ghouls. “It’s all due to climate change”Uninformed ghouls created by global warming? What? Why hasn’t this been headline news worldwide? Something must be done!Posted by Spiny Norman on 03/19 at 01:33 PM • permalink
Crap.Posted by Spiny Norman on 03/19 at 01:34 PM • permalink
- Here’s another solution to your friend’s problem.
I hear they taste just like chicken.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 03/19 at 03:49 PM • permalink
- Why not just have an airlift and take them all back to France?Posted by Mystery Meat on 03/19 at 04:05 PM • permalink
- Next we have number four, “crunchy frog.”
- Speaking of Hospitals – Heavy Handed On Lightfoot
How ironic that the ALP and attendant media groupies are having to resort to bashing Lightfoot (well, he is part of the government) over helping to fund, of all things, a hospital!
Humanitarian considerations and credentials are jettisoned, trampled underfoot in the rush to judgement, the thrill of the chase, the Gadarine stampede to exploit anything, ..anything that might cause some embarrassment.
The resultant circus is more a commentary on our mechanisms of media coverage, and political methodology, than the rights or wrongs of the actions in question.
- ok, who made up the lie that cane-toads were evil and must die? they’re cute in a heidelberg/lambertish way…Posted by Deo Vindice on 03/20 at 04:12 AM • permalink
- guinsPen — Tastefully garnished?Posted by richard mcenroe on 03/20 at 12:13 PM • permalink
- Lack of State funding and waste of GST revenue. – Cuddly.Posted by Hump B Bare on 03/20 at 08:50 PM • permalink
- LOL, Habib!Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 03/24 at 08:07 AM • permalink