The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 7th, 2017 at 11:57 am
Jew-hatin’ David Hicks complains:
Accused terrorist David Hicks has told his lawyers that conditions at Guantanamo Bay, where he has been held for five years, are “like a Nazi concentration camp”.
Why, poor Dave is living out Vic Morrow’s role in Twilight Zone: The Movie.
- Do you think we could perhaps atleast wait until after the show trial before stoning the guy?Posted by Chris Mann on 2007 01 30 at 09:31 AM • permalink
- … must… not.. make … helicopter joke…Posted by CrankyNeocon on 2007 01 30 at 09:37 AM • permalink
- So this little slug compares Guantanamo with the camping arrangements of his mates, the Nazis. Well excellent, he is, in his warped self deluded imagination, getting exactly what he deserves. I hope it gets worse for him, that he starts having nightmares in 3D. This Dawood Mohamad (bloody hell, still cannot get this non entities adopted name right, not that I give a s#^t), is typical of his type, they get caught, then turn ‘victim mode’ for sympathy and understanding. This, individual is not even man enough or has the guts to take what he deserves. Let the little bastard, rot.
“Let the punishment match the offence”. – Cicero, ‘De Legibus’.
- How many people survived five years in a concentration camp?Posted by Rob Crawford on 2007 01 30 at 09:42 AM • permalink
- #2 Chris Mann. The rodent is not getting a ‘show trial’, he is getting much much more, than any of his ilk and kind ever gave a living soul. As to Stone him (his pals methods). He should have been ‘popped’ when spotted, like the rest of his friends that did die. But like I said before, he is all ‘piss and wind’ without the courage of his convictions, that he freely adopted. I would not waste the stones.
- I have a Jewish friend who is a die hard Democrat. He went to an anti-war demonstration last weekend in Washington. He really liked it. He told me that everybody had ironic nicknames. One guy was really short and they called him “stretch”. Another guy had a shaved head and they called him “curly”. My friend has never had good luck with the ladies, I’m afraid, and he will freely admit. “You know what nickname they gave me?” he said, “The Fucking Jew.”
- How many people survived five years in a concentration camp?
“the guards” good un
as far as i can tell a total of 0 people have died in the new Belsen.
Do we have a pic of hicks we could put it next to one of concentration camp survivors.
Bet he weighs twice as much.Posted by hollingshead on 2007 01 30 at 11:07 AM • permalink
- It IS exactly like a Nazi concentration camp! Except that, you know, he’s still alive, and well-fed, and un-tattooed, and uninfected with typhus, and is in fact a household name in contact with the entire world via reporters.
But these are just minor details that are important only to us extreme right-wingers, you know.
- #17 ernieG: You’re certainly right about that. The article’s a little dated, but what it says here is still relevant: “Pre-Castro Cuba ranked third in Latin America in per capita food consumption; today, it ranks last. Per capita consumption of cereals, tubers, and meat are today all below 1950’s levels.”
- As previous posters have noted, to the average Cuban this would be Club Med. Never before in the history of civilization have prisoners grown fat.
We won’t talk about the ones who were released, and recaptured or killed on the battlefield.
So what, exactly, does Mr Hicks want? Parole? An AK47?
I have no problem with putting all these guys on the USS Inchon, taking them to the middle of the Atlantic, and letting the Marines use them for target practice. Any who can swim to shore are free.
It’s better odds than they give their captives.
- #7 & 14 How many people survived five years in a concentration camp?
And gained weight while doing it.
#14, a few people have died there, but they committed synchronous suicide on orders from their (Taliban or al-Qaeda) commanders in order to give the MSM fodder for closing Gitmo. Thankfully, it didn’t work and they died for nothing (small loss IMAO).
For David Mamood Whatever to claim Gitmo is like a Nazi concentration camp is not only ridiculous, it’s an insult to Jews, gays, Poles, and everyone else who had to endure that horror. He’s just mad because he can’t go clubbing, and they won’t let him sit out back in an alley smoking weed or snorting coke.
- As far as Hicks is concerned, he should get the same kind of justice that he was fighting for. Shooting him in the head during a soccer match sounds about right.
- Hmmmm. I was guessing that Chris Mann was attempting irony or satire or something.
Personally, I think that Jihad-boy should be tried, found guilty (evidence his own statements), and then have his head sawed off with a rusty knife on camera and have the film broadcast on al-Jazeera. Let the punishment, indeed, fit the crime.Posted by JorgXMcKie on 2007 01 30 at 04:16 PM • permalink
- This one thing that really pisses me off about Bush. Hang all the bastards in Gitmo tomorrow. Stop wasting time with the Jihadi scum. Simple ROI: see an armed Jihadi, kill him on sight. See a “journalist” that was not embedded assume they are a Jihadi, kill on sight. Put the heat on Maliki to cancel all of the Saddam oil contracts and debt and too shit or get off the pot. And if he doesn’t get the message remind him the next step is we arm the Kurds to the teeth and redeploy to
Kurdistan. While no one can ever guarantee victory in war, one can always insure one’s defeat. This war can be won provided we are willing to do what is necessary to win.
- How does he know? Has he been gassed with Zyklon B? Teeth ripped out for the gold? Been placed in ice baths for twelve hours before being warmed up by a woman (pilot hypothermia survival experiment); had his skin made into lampshades?
No, I think the boy is exaggerating.Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 01 30 at 08:27 PM • permalink
- #1 #30 With deference to #1, I just flew into a rage and wrote #30 before reading all the other comments, including your very similar #1.Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 01 30 at 08:33 PM • permalink
- I heard on the radio that Hicks may be charged within a week and soon face the military tribunal.
Major Mori will be excited at the opportunity to increase his professional profile, finish his soon to be released book, and then discharge from the USMC and immediately get picked up by a law firm on a big fat salary. Regardless of verdict.
His summation will be “If the Kheffiya don’t fit – you must acquit.”
- There are so many things wrong with this article: Hicks is not an accused terrorist, he has been accused of conspiracy, attempted murder and aiding the enemy. While technically he is “a father of two” it is hardly relevant as they have definitely put out a “don’t come back” sign over their door with the Dad in law making physical threats against him.
- What is traditional for those serving on the wrong side of a war.
Here is some of the treatment meted out to Frenchmen serving Germany during WW2. Read General Le Clerks solution about half way through.
This seems pretty standard to me over all nations.Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2007 01 30 at 09:21 PM • permalink
Parole? An AK47?
Now there’s a thought. Give him a parole, and AK, and a 100 yard running start in the middle of nowhere in Iraq.
Problem solved. The Media couldn’t even complain – he wasn’t shot trying to escape, he was paroled, let go with limitless vistas before him, and then shot trying not to get shot.
- I am so bored of David Hicks.
Can’t wait until they imprison Peter Foster in Vanauatu, so the left have a new cause celebre.Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2007 01 30 at 09:53 PM • permalink
- If it was a Nazi concentration camp, Dagwood would be hanging out in the guard-room rather than hanging off some piano wire.
I really hope if we have the misfortune to have this spaz repatriated, the first press conference he gives results in a demented tirade about decadent dhimmis, filthy Jews, rape magnets and life under the upcoming caliphate.
I doubt even that would shame the mongs in the meeja.
BTW- anyone else ever noticed how much his dad looks like Graham Kennedy?
- -His toilet paper is rationed.
-He hasn’t been able to comb his hair since going there because he’s not provided with a comb or brush
-He’s being quoted by his lawyer, apparently with a straight face, who has just visited him.
Yep. That sounds exactly like a Nazi camp, as described to me personally by people who know.
- The thing is, the media has no problems airing the view of an anti-Semite that his incarceration is like a Nazi death camp without being aware of the irony.
Is irony the right word? Hypocrisy? Stupidity?Posted by Matthew Lawrence on 2007 01 30 at 11:58 PM • permalink
- “like a Nazi concentration camp”.
Let’s think about that. Jews were transported to Auchwitz or Belsen in cattle cars. Just like Gitmo.
The arrivals were split up into groups. Those to die immediately. Those fit enough to be put to work, mainly slaving at the ovens. Just like Gitmo.
Those selected for immediate death were herded off to ‘take’ a shower’ as they were told. They were stripped naked and their valuables confiscated. Just like Gitmo.Once inside the ‘shower block’, the doors were locked and the Zyklon B gas administered. Much screaming of the dying happened. Just like Gitmo.
After about ten minutes, the poisoned air was pumped out and the body teams of Jewish prisoners moved in to remove the corpses to the ovens. Just like Gitmo.
Those not selected for immediate death were houses in unheated, flimsy wooden barracks, starved and flogged if unable to work through weakness. Inability to work usually resulted in an immediate trip to the gas chamber. Just like Gitmo.
I think Hicks has a point. Guantanamo sounds exactly like a Nazi concentration camp. I feel really sorry for him and am very surprised that he has not been murdered in the gas chambers that the evil Americans built there.
- Interesting how they all hate the Jews, want to eliminate the Jews, but scream at anything oppressive as being like the hideous experiences Jews went through under the Nazis.
Over-identifying with the objects of their hatred? Can this be a reverse Stockholm Syndrome with a reverse double-somersault and a twist of lemon?Posted by carpefraise on 2007 01 31 at 12:55 AM • permalink
- Hicks’ lawyer McCloud was doing a scam about Hicks being chained to the floor (if only). Every week thay complain about his mental state (dodgy since before he left Australia) or the treatment he is getting (next stop fat camp), or the delays to trial and/or release (that appeal about the tribunal slowed things down).
So when the Australian Consul comes to see how he is, Hicks is “encouraged” by his legal team to write a letter saying he doesn’t want to see him! Dodgy Bros. strike again.
Menawhile the ABC is reporting daily (at length)and pressuring the Australian Government as if they are the villains. We are funding this day by day pro-Hicks campaign!!!
What can you do except join the Liberal Party, or any party (Family First?) which needs help to avoid the terrible consequences of the ALP getting any more votes.
- On the news tonight it was reported Hicks will appeal directly to the Australian government to bring him home. We’ve heard nothing but defiance and self pity from this guy & his father. Maybe if he owned up to his behaviour and apologised for being such a dickhead people would be a little more sympathetic towards his plight.
- Zyklon B?
Is everyone still so insulated from the truth about Zyklon B and how it works? (ie not in the way it was claimed by “Soviet” historians).Posted by eraserhead on 2007 01 31 at 11:20 AM • permalink
- The editorial Hicks is not a martyr in today’s Australian accurately summarises the
HicksDaoud issue. It’s worth reading. Hit the link and scroll down.
- From the March 2004 Comments
It’s one of the true injustices of the Australian media that while his former comrade, Imre Saluzinsky, is lauded as a lead writer for Rupert Murdoch’s national vanity broadsheet, ‘Tommy’ Blair remains either shamefully ignored or, at best, a laughing stock.
Posted by: Miranda Divide
Where is Carm-on Miranda?
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
Hicks is a turd. His whining belittles the real suffering of the sorts of long dead people he has no sympathy for himself.