The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on May 20th, 2017 at 10:33 am
One ran through a plate glass window, leapt off a five-metre balcony and ran through a bowling green. The other escaped behind the bar.
What could cause such terrified reactions (from men armed with machetes, no less)? Read on.
- I know how they must have felt.
When I was a teenager, a friend and I stole some pot growing in somebody’s back yard. We found out a few days later that it was the back yard of a Satan’s Choice clubhouse. (A Hell’s Angels rival.)
Jesus, we were frightened, thinking they might have had cameras, but nothing ever came of it. Tragically, it wasn’t even particularly good pot.Posted by Mambo Bananapatch on 2008 02 28 at 12:00 AM • permalink
- BUAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2008 02 28 at 12:05 AM • permalink
- Great stuff.
Meanwhile, in South Australia, they’re taking moves to ban bikie gangs.
- The Bear said the robbers appeared to have regretted attempting the heist when they saw the bikers.
One of the all time great sentences.Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2008 02 28 at 12:09 AM • permalink
- I take it the Regents Park Sporting Club is a gay bar?
Clientele: A man named “The Bear”. 40 blokes dressed in leather. A “cruising” club.Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2008 02 28 at 12:12 AM • permalink
One of the robbers was taken to Westmead Hospital with minor injuries.
“It was very hard to see the expression on their faces because of the balaclavas, but I imagine it was something along lines of ‘Oh shit, what have we done here?’”
I imagine so. Their eyes got as big as saucers, cartoon-like, I’ll bet.
LOL!Posted by Spiny Norman on 2008 02 28 at 12:14 AM • permalink
- That crew weren’t even a patch club either, just some average blokes who happen to ride cruiser motorcycles; I recall an incident a few years ago when some Persons of Middle Eastern Appearance unknown ner’do wells tried an armed blag on a pub in Auburn, which unfortunately for them was the then hangout of the Commancheros, who proceded to disarm them and give them some on the spot rehabilitation with poolcues, harley chains and trench knives.
I remember the sense of security felt on the road when on a run with a number of fellow hoodlums- you never recieved any grief anywhere when travelling in numbers- the myth created by The Wild One and later copies such as Stone and Mad Max have ingrained the illogical fear of motorcycles and their riders in all levels of the population; one of the biggest “gangs” around now are the respective HOGs, with more chapters and members worldwide than Sonny Barger could’ve ever fantasised about, but about as dangerous as blancmange.
Due to their almost exclusively middle aged and middle class membership I named them “Hells Accountants”. Still go on the odd run with the British Owners Club and Club Laverda, which is a hoot but we’re all getting a bit decrepit. I’m even old enough now to join Ulysses, which while having a fair few wankers in its membership does have the rather whimsical motto of “Grow Old Disgracefully”.
- #4- Big difference between “bikie” clubs and motorcycle clubs- the patch clubs are criminal organisations who happen to ride motorcycles, exclusively Harley Davidsons. They are usually held in anything from mild disdain to outright loathing by more legitimate riding clubs- in the US the RICO statute has been used extensively and successfully on such clubs as the Hells Angels, Banditos, Satans Slaves, Pagans etc, the same legislation used against the mafia, bloods and crips and other criminal organisations.
The woodchucks moved on from terrorising small towns and stealing motorcycles years ago into big-time narcotics trafficking, murder/muscle for hire, prostitution, standover/protection and any other fleabag activity that’d turn a bent quid- they’re vermin, and more likely to be the blaggers than the defenders in this case.
- AMAZING CCTV: Robbers bite off more than they can chewPosted by stackja1945 on 2008 02 28 at 12:23 AM • permalink
- Here’s some infor on the club involved- not gay, or involved in the meth trade apparently.
For a good example of the difference between riders clubs and patch clubs I suggest looking into the Milperra Massacre, where a breakaway faction (re-named the Bandidos) decided to have it out with the parent club, the Commoncheros, in the carpark of the Viking Tavern during a swap meet organised by the British Owners Club.
While these retards were getting stuck into each other with machetes and shooters (with the public in the crossfire) members of riders clubs were rescuing and treating wounded and actually grabbed a few of these fuckwits for the plod when they finally turned up.
I have a good mate who was formerly Sergeant at Arms of the Black Uhlans, and he shares my distaste for these pinheads, who have little to do with motorcycling.
- OT – I saw a news item a few days back that Bryla aka Bryan Law and his mates had a successful appeal and acquittal (no re-trial ordered). There is now talk of C Rau style compensation claims for their time in prison served due to non-payment of fines.
Of course Bryla vowed to trespass again.
Apparently they were successful because the judge hadn’t allowed the defence to argue whether the facility was properly a defence establishment of the commonwealth. Apparently the sign out front attached to a razor topped fence patrolled by armed defence personnel wasn’t conclusive proof.
I’m surprised Mr Law hasn’t made an appearance here to crow his victory. Maybe I missed the comment. Anyway, he now has his claim to fame and 15 minutes of sunshine, so that should keep him happy.
- To top of an excellent day, Mad Dave won the meat tray and Spike got 6 numbers in Keno.Posted by Infidel Tiger on 2008 02 28 at 12:58 AM • permalink
Did you see the guy in the white shirt and tie leading the charge of the bikies in the car park. Obviously a staff member from the club. He ‘escorted’ the captured felon just out of the range of the camera so he could be properly ‘restrained’Posted by Ralph Wiggum on 2008 02 28 at 01:38 AM • permalink
- Minor injuries? They should have shoved the machette up his arse.Posted by The_Wizard_of_WOZ on 2008 02 28 at 01:48 AM • permalink
- I wonder if they have have Colombian cousins? (Or German.)Posted by andycanuck on 2008 02 28 at 01:54 AM • permalink
- Sniff…thats …so…beautiful…Posted by thefrollickingmole on 2008 02 28 at 02:09 AM • permalink
- I once made a similar (non-criminal) blue. A group of us had left a CBD nightclub in Melb and the girls were ushering us up the stairs of the nearby carpark. Woefully inebriated, I thought it would be better to relieve myself out the carpark “window” before the trip home. About 15 seconds later I was blissfully unaware why 4 or 5 bouncers were up the stairs racing towards me looking very grumpy. As it turns out, I had inadvertantly taken a piss on their heads and those queing up at the entrance to the club. I was saved from a fully-deserved six months in traction by the fact that there were a couple of coppers in our group.
#15 Read a book on that rivalry, “Brothers in Arms”, not sure how sensationalised it was but it was an interesting read. Got a laugh from one part describing how one patched member involved in the Milperra fight had left the fray after either having his arm broken or slashed. He staggered back into the bar where some non-outlaw bikers were still drinking, and he was pleading for help. From memory the response to him was “Fuck off dickhead. Its your fight.”
Regents Park NSW
maps.googlePosted by stackja1945 on 2008 02 28 at 02:33 AM • permalink
Bankstown, changed too.Posted by stackja1945 on 2008 02 28 at 05:35 AM • permalink
- When I heard that one of the miscreants had “run” through a glass door and “leapt” off a 5 metre balcony, my first thought was that he had been thrown through the first and then thrown off the second.
Pity the CCTV footage shows otherwise.Posted by mr creosote on 2008 02 28 at 07:21 AM • permalink
- Hehe, great stuff.Posted by Mr. Bingley on 2008 02 28 at 07:44 AM • permalink
Tsk-tsk. Inattention to detail has been the cause of many a man’s downfall.