The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 9th, 2017 at 11:59 am
When guys like this say “HELL WITH YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH”, they evidently mean it:
A record 470 Danish websites were attacked by hackers this week to protest against the publication last year in Denmark of satirical cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed, an internet security expert said on Tuesday.
“On Monday we registered a record 470 attacks in a single day,” Ulf Munkedal of Fort Consult said. By comparison, there were “127 hacker attacks on the weekend of February 18-19, against 274 the previous weekend and 273 on February 4-5”, he said. The hackers have defaced the Danish websites and replaced their homepages with pages glorifying Islam.
Sending Mo-mail to Oprah’s hero contest clearly isn’t sufficient.
- Slightly O/T, but not all Muslim women are taking oppression, er, lying down, so to speak . Scroll down to Hot Muslim Singer. And of course, she’s already come in for her share of death threats for her vocal opposition to the treatment of women under Islam.Posted by paco on 2006 02 22 at 12:22 PM • permalink
- Well, dang, the link doesn’t work. Try this:
- We’re learning that 21st century war resembles 20th century war about as much as 20th century war resembled medieval war. The tactics change with the technology.
- I guess the cartoonists are still to blame. Every time there is revenge for a couple of harmless drawings, every time another embassy burns or someone dies, let’s wring our hands and talk about how me must be more sensitive to other cultures. sorry, ‘other culture’.Posted by daddy dave on 2006 02 22 at 02:34 PM • permalink
- 5 Vinny
That will only bother the computer-literate ones. And they’ve already got all the pig porn and naked women porn they want.Posted by Stoop Davy Dave on 2006 02 22 at 06:13 PM • permalink
- What is a Cult?
“A cult is a group or movement exhibiting a great or excessive devotion or dedication to some person, idea, or thing and employing unethically manipulative techniques of persuasion and control (e.g., isolation from former friends and family, debilitation, use of special methods to heighten suggestibility and subservience, powerful group pressures, information management, suspension of individuality or critical judgment, promotion of total dependency on the group and fear of leaving it, etc.) designed to advance the goals of the group’s leaders to the actual or possible detriment of members, their families, or the community.” (West & Langone, 1986)
What Are Some Characteristics of a Cult?
– Authoritarian in their power structure
– Totalitarian in their control of the behavior of their members
– Pyramidal structure
– Uses thought reform techniques
– Isolation of members (physical and/or psychological isolation) from society
– Uses deception in recruiting and/or fund raising
– Promotes dependence of the members on the group
– Totalitarian in their world view
– Uses mind altering techniques (chanting, meditation, hypnosis and various forms of repetitive actions) to stop normal critical thinking
– Appear exclusive and innovative
– Charismatic or messianic leader who is self-appointed and has a special mission in life
– Controls the flow of information
– Instills a fear of leaving the group.
Can you think of any religion, like this lately? O’salad bin luncheon?
Page 1 of 1 pages