The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 9th, 2017 at 06:20 am
The following email has been sent to all South Australian public servants:
Climate change presents a significant challenge to South Australia, and every South Australian needs to play a part in addressing this global problem.
• Warren McCann, Chief Executive of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, invites you to a special free screening of “An Inconvenient Truth”.
• Date: Thursday 2 November 2006
Time: 12.00pm to 2.05pm
Venue: Nova Cinema, 251 Rundle Street, Adelaide
• This is a free event open to all State Government employees.
• “South Australia’s focus on renewable energy has made the State a world leader in the battle against global warming.” Al Gore former US Vice President.
• Please note that seating is limited. Drinks and nibbles will be available for purchase from the cinema’s candy bar.
• Click here to view the flyer.
“For more than 20 years we have exceeded the earth’s ability to support a consumptive lifestyle that is unsustainable and we cannot afford to continue down this path,” WWF Director-General James Leape said, launching the WWF’s 2006 Living Planet Report.
“If everyone around the world lived as those in America, we would need five planets to support us,” Leape, an American, said in Beijing.
How many planets would we need if everyone lived like celebrity environmentalists?
U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein delivered a lengthy, impassioned speech Wednesday about the need for this country, other nations and every individual to step up the fight against global warming.
Then she drove off in a gas-guzzling Lincoln Town Car.