The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 6th, 2018 at 12:31 am
Reuters—who else?—celebrates the triumph of fakery.
(Via Paul Bickford)
- It’s a pity Green Helmet Man wasn’t there to save the day.Posted by Daniel San on 2006 08 31 at 12:10 PM • permalink
- Obviously a disproportionate response on the part of the seals. I blame the neocon wing in the seal administration.
No blood for gannet eggs!!Posted by Tex Lovera on 2006 08 31 at 12:45 PM • permalink
- Why on earth would anybody go all the way to South Africa to see live gannets in the first place? The bird just looks like a pelican without jowls.
Why, I say, do this, when Paco Adventure Tours offers you the opportunity to go in search of the great auk in rapidly-thawing Greenland?
- I wonder, what’s PETA’s position on this?Posted by tim maguire on 2006 08 31 at 06:41 PM • permalink
- So when Bush was flaunting that plastic turkey decoy a couple of years ago, he was really on his way to save Cape Gannets and a poor South African town!
Sob! I’ll bet all those lefties who criticised him feel stupid now!Posted by Vanguard of the Commentariat on 2006 08 31 at 09:37 PM • permalink
- From the article:
“There are about 2 million seals in southern Africa, but less than half a million gannets,” she said. “The gannets are a threatened species, but seals are not.”
A half million gannets exist in that area and they’re still considered “endangered”? Just what does it take for a species to not be “endangered”?Posted by Steven Den Beste on 2006 08 31 at 11:28 PM • permalink
- Obviously they wanted the expurgated version of Olsen’s Standard Book of British Birds.
The one without the Gannet.
- JEDDAH, 2 September 2006 — The imam of the Grand Mosque in Makkah urged Muslims to acquire maximum power in order to maintain world peace, establish a balance of power and protect their rights.
“Power is not detrimental to peace. It’s part of peace. It promotes peace. As long as we have power we don’t lose war or disturb peace,” Dr. Saleh Bin-Humaid said yesterday while delivering his Friday sermon.
Bin-Humaid, who is also chairman of the Shoura Council, said wrong policies of certain powers had fueled terrorism.
The violence and terrorism in the region is the outcome of biased policies of some superpowers that have wrong perceptions about Islam and devise plans that lead to deeper hatred and injustice. Their policies fuel violence and provide ammunition to extremists and terrorists,” the imam said.
He emphasized the need for Muslims to gain more power as international resolutions are based on the balance of power.
They’ll never get it!!! More power more Nazi’s in the world.
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.
I wept too.
Then I got revenge…