The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on June 10th, 2017 at 06:33 am
It’s outdated pop culture reference #582,874 from Maureen Dowd:
The scene on Capitol Hill this past week has been almost as absurdly macabre as the movie “Weekend at Bernie’s” …
Soon from MoDo: “Hold the ectoplasm, Bill Murray! The busted ghosts of Capitol Hill are already covered with slime”; “That Wolfowitz – he’s more tight-fisted than Jack Benny!”; “Bush’s story is coming apart like Jennifer Beals’ welding in the movie ‘Flashdance’”, etc.
- I wonder how many times, when referring to Bush, she types in “Ronnie Reagan” and has to go back and delete it.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 03/27 at 10:34 AM • permalink
- Almost as many times as she has to stike out “Ike”. Face it, plastic surgery can only take you so far…Posted by richard mcenroe on 03/27 at 10:56 AM • permalink
- Thanks to David’s comment to your MoDo post on 3/13, whenever I read her name this frightening image pops into my head.Posted by Bruce Rheinstein on 03/27 at 01:02 PM • permalink
- The trouble with Dowd is that she doesn’t have good zingers. It’s all dot-connection and the same dot-connection every time, and the same two-sentence reversals every time.
She’s okay in interviews http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/imuscut.dowd04.ram When she’s wrong there, it’s just normal-wrong, not distilled and enhanced by word processor.
Imus gets her talking about Kerry & co. eventually, the world’s greatest interviewer.
- Dowd interview from last Monday (3/21) href=”http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/imuscut.dowd05.ram with Shiavo and Iraq war references, but it didn’t strike me as a good enough interview to save on its own.
“It’s hard to tell who is less appealing, Tom DeLay or [Terri’s] husband’’ at the end.