The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on July 26th, 2017 at 12:51 pm
Stupid George W. Bush has been making with the dumb comments again:
President George W. Bush says the recovery may take years and he’s called this one of America’s worst natural disasters this century.
Actually, that’s the ABC’s Tony Jones paraphrasing dopey George. Except he’s really paraphrasing ABC reporter Norman Hermant:
President George W. Bush flew over the devastation in Air Force One as he cut short his vacation and headed back to Washington. The recovery, he said, will take years, from what could be America’s worst natural disaster in a century.
So what did Bush really say?
We are dealing with one of the worst natural disasters in our nation’s history.
- “Skeptic, please call your office.”Posted by david on 09/01 at 07:17 PM • permalink
- What the hell is the name of this game?
We get what he said,that he said, he said right about half of the time.
Three he saids don’t make a right…
Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh!Posted by madawaskan on 09/01 at 07:18 PM • permalink
- Damn it david-
What the hell is the name of this game-..
Skeptic Says You win.Posted by madawaskan on 09/01 at 07:20 PM • permalink
- Just got back from the bush – I go away only to come back and find the place has gone to the dogs!
Nice to read that the media continue in their misreporting of the facts. Truly they have colletively demonstrated the efficicacy of the word “Stupid”
I also heard on the ABC news (AM 531 frequency) out bush that the tragic death of the Shiites in Baghdad after the bomb scare was also blamed on the US.
- Anyone want to bet this absurdity has a lifespan equal to the “plastic turkey” myth?Posted by Spiny Norman on 09/01 at 08:21 PM • permalink
- Look, the issue is not whether Tony thought George said it, but that he divined that George might have thought it and simply mis-spoke. Can anyone here guarantee that George really didn’t say it anyway? Honestly, you guys here are so … so … infuriatingly thingo about language, that it is simply oppressive to anyone who wants to have a real (but civilised) argument and just trolls right in and opens up with comment number one, taking you all to task as you richly deserve, and I dont know why I bother, So there!
- Yeah, Skeptic, where’s your skepticism now, hmmmmmm?Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 09/02 at 03:56 AM • permalink
- Media watch will be on to this in a flash………well maybe not.Posted by Astonished on 09/02 at 06:32 AM • permalink
- UMMM…fellahs. I know we have scenes of chaos on CNN, but you have to remember that Galveston ws wiped off the map in the early 1900’s…and at least 3000 died. So far, we don’t have such high body counts.
as for property damage, the Mississippi floods (of 1928 and many since then) may approach the monetary amounts, especially if you figure the true cost for inflation…
So you have to compare Katrin to these other disasters during the last century.