The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on August 6th, 2017 at 07:22 am
Darryl Mason – if indeed that is his real name – isn’t satisfied by the mere possibility of John Howard’s electoral defeat:
How many Australians silently whispered the words “C’mon snipers…” when they first saw footage of prime minister John Howard fleeing, at speed, out the back of a smoking Hercules on a wide-open airstrip in Iraqi insurgent territory on Sunday night?
Hundreds of Australians? Thousands? Millions?
‘Howard Hating’ is now officially Australia’s new national sport of choice. But do the vast majority of Australians merely dislike John Howard? Or do they hate him? Do they despise him? Do they wish for his political or physical death?
As Andrew Bolt reports, that post went up at Tim Dunlop’s site … before Tim read it, dumped the post in disgust, and terminated Darryl’s guest-posting privileges. Look for Darryl to re-appear shortly under yet another name; be alert for the leftist death-dreams of Marilyn Dasson.
- Darryl’s post was disgusting. Howard would have to be one of the best leaders Australia has ever had, and we’re damn lucky to have him. To wish death upon John Howard is a step backwards for the progress of Australia.Posted by Ash_ on 2007 03 20 at 08:48 AM • permalink
- Yet if you called this douchebag “Un-Australian” (or in Bill Maher’s case with Dick Cheney “Un-American”) he’d cry foul.
I personally have never understood how murdering a democratically elected head of state can be seen as a ‘good’ thing. Ever. I’ll gratefully grit my teeth through four years of Hillary rather than deal with the trauma of an assassination
It subverts the “Will of the People” in the most fundamental sense by depriving them of their chosen leader. As well, it deprives that leader the excercise of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
We have elections to turn bad leaders out. Anyone who even advocates murder for partisan purposes is a traitor to Democracy.
PS—Virtually every assassin and wannabe assassin in US history (John Wilkes Booth, Charles Guiteau, John Hinkley, etc) first convinced themselves that others would laud them for their crime. “Darryl” sounds like he might be psyching himself up and he bears watching. No kidding.
- Looks like the archive copy is gone. Too bad.
Nonetheless, LLL/Darryl/whomever is one stupid person. And one sick puppy.
Although it’s nice to see Dunlop has some standards, as rare as it is he displays them.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 03 20 at 09:29 AM • permalink
- Once again, I am kicking myself in the arse for my stupidity in starting to read some of the comments on the Bolta’s blog.
No wonder I’m nicknamed “the Ignorant”.
Is the Yarra river full of LSD or something?
Sheesh.Posted by Pedro the Ignorant on 2007 03 20 at 09:48 AM • permalink
- #5 rbj1
Odd how all these peaceniks have violent tendencies.
Or more likely violent masturbation fantasies, because I fully expect if confronted with the posibility of violence, Darryl and his fellow travelers would shriek and run away. Watching from afar as violence is visited upon their political “enemies”, well, I’m sure a supply of lotion and tissues would be a necessity.Posted by Spiny Norman on 2007 03 20 at 10:55 AM • permalink
- #8 Pedro
Is the Yarra river full of LSD or something?
No, probably not. Their ignorance has been a lifelong passion, and nurtured, I’m certain.Posted by Spiny Norman on 2007 03 20 at 10:58 AM • permalink
- I have very little charity in assuming the good intentions of most of the Left, who are often amazingly swift to jettison their loudly proclaimed pacifist leanings when things don’t go their way. I experienced the most memorable example of this phenomenon after the 2004 election, when a very “peace and love” (and very attractive – damn my maledom!) lefty ex of mine wrote me an e-mail with the subject “die Liberal voting fukkers die!!!”.
I suspect the standard mainstream lefty public response to sentiments expressed by Darryl would be copious outrage and action, a la Tim Dunlop.
I envisage a private e-mail from Tim Dunlop to Darryl to run something like:
“I can understand your frustration, but this is a bit too much”
And the mainstream lefty position once you get a few drinks into them:
“Yeah, well, Darryl has a point…”
Okay, that’s uncharitable, but it’s born from experience.Posted by James Waterton on 2007 03 20 at 11:18 AM • permalink
- Dunlop has form for encouraging and allowing this kind of thing:
Note that he also secretly removed my contributions to the relevant thread discussion so as to engineer a pile-on “victory” for semi-literate oddball and Howard Derangment Syndrome cot-case, “Aussie” Bob. Note also the sarcastic (and now ironic) anti-Howard statement acting as header to this latter post: “No Responsibility”.
Dunlop’s response to Deakin University academic Mirko Bagaric’s argument in favour of torture in certain circumstances (which I opposed, for the record) was “Let’s try it on his daughter”. That too has been disappeared – perhaps since Dunlop’s move to his new site, Road To Rupert. It was, however, noted and analysed at the time.
Oh yes – he’ll remove something when it’s embarrassing alright. And then he’ll go straight back to his loathsome schtick like the proverbial mutt to a kerb-side quiche.
- “Although it’s nice to see Dunlop has some standards…”
You could have fooled me.Posted by Dave Surls on 2007 03 20 at 11:35 AM • permalink
- I stand corrected, C.L.; what few standards Dunlop has are merely a facade.Posted by The_Real_JeffS on 2007 03 20 at 12:25 PM • permalink
- Ah, another vanguardist post-ethical position. This is becoming a trend. Killing is wrong, wrong, wrong, except when I like it.
It most likely took several years of university edukayshun to attain such a level of social enlightenment.Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 03 20 at 12:37 PM • permalink
- #4 Hey, JDB
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness are white, western, paternalistic values imposed by the colonialist hegemon, as revealed by post-ethical analysis.
Didn’t you know that?Posted by Wimpy Canadian on 2007 03 20 at 12:40 PM • permalink
- I personally have never understood how murdering a democratically elected head of state can be seen as a ‘good’ thing.
Note Howard’s just a Head of Government. The Australian Head of State is in London.Posted by Warmongering Lunatic on 2007 03 20 at 03:25 PM • permalink
- #13 C.L. –
Note that he also secretly removed my contributions to the relevant thread discussion so as to engineer a pile-on “victory” for semi-literate oddball and Howard Derangment Syndrome cot-case, “Aussie” Bob.
Oh good gawd. Aussie Bob. What a freaking nut case that man is. I can recall debating with him on Dunlop’s old blog. I write one sentence, he’d write 10. I’d write one paragraph, he’d write an essay. Mostly incomprehensible and spittle covered. We’re talking Unabomber caliber. I found myself thinking many a time I sure hope he can’t find where I live because the man needs to be institutionalized.
If that’s the norm for Dunlop’s minions, he needs to reach out for better readers.Posted by wronwright on 2007 03 20 at 04:21 PM • permalink
- Things may have changed but some years ago an idiot friend of my son wrote a letter to the PM of the day threatening violence. He didn’t sign it but it was followed up and he did time in jail. No one (least of all the magistrate) had any sympathy for him. In Darryl’s case he treads a thin line but even lefties should know that threats of violence to a PM in Australia do bring retribution.
- “Howard Hating’ is now officially Australia’s new national sport of choice.”
Only among the moronic Feral Left – the same people I heard bitching that they couldn’t understand how John Howard won the election, because they didnt know anyone who had voted for him.
This statement is on par with their normal standard of intelligence.
Killing Howard is laudable. Killing his cabinet got to be OK too. Killing members of the Liberal party – that has to be a plus, surely. And what about the Nationals? We’ll kill them too. They helped keep Howard in power. And Family First, slit their throats. And what about other Christians, they are conservative and probably voted Liberal. Best kill all them along with small businessmen. There is a real hotbed of Liberal sentiment among these fascist businessmen. Don’t forget the Jews, the money grubbing bastards. They have to be next. Then there are those class traitors, the workers who voted Liberal. Kill them all. Purge the public service of suspected Liberal sympathisers too. That teacher over there. He’s wearing a tie so he must be a conservative. String him up. Hey, that guy’s got an American accent. Slaughter him and his baby too. It’s in their genes, you know. It’s a lot of people to be massacred but it will reduce greehouse gases in the long run.
Darryl Mason, peace activist
- Nice job Contrail. That reminds me of Robespierre or was it a newspaperman during the french terror calling for more blood to feed the ravenous revolution.Thank God the aussies will keep lunatics like Mason far away from the levers of power. That boy needs some serious medication or maybe just the occasional shot of leg.
- Surely suggesting that the Premier should be assasinated is something that might interest Howard’s protection team. Or does it not work that way in the Oz?Posted by Andrew Ian Dodge on 2007 03 21 at 06:01 AM • permalink
- Contrail, re your comment, I got the following email from someone purporting to be this Darryl person, with the (cue Ominous, Scary music) subject line “You have a problem”:
Either prove that the passage attributed to me by ‘Contrail’ in comments at TB’s blog are my words, or remove the comment in full. This is beyond defamatory.
So a link where you got this would be helpful.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2007 03 21 at 08:44 PM • permalink
- #33 Andrea. I read Contrail’s comment as satire.Posted by flying pigs over mecca on 2007 03 22 at 05:39 AM • permalink
- OK, thanks, it’s hard to tell the satire from the real thing these days.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2007 03 22 at 06:27 AM • permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.