The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on June 10th, 2017 at 11:24 am
Cheryl Kernot exposes the insidious evil of former Liberal Party operative Lynton Crosby, now destroying British democracy:
In 2001 I was seeking re-election to an outer Brisbane seat as a Labor candidate, having won this second most marginal constituency in [Australia] by 176 votes in 1998. In both campaigns I experienced first-hand the “under the radar” Crosby tactics.
Kernot prefers to keep her tactics under the covers.
While the Westminster village has been preoccupied with the big picture of national issues, Crosby will have been orchestrating campaigns of personal attacks and innuendo in marginal constituencies: that the Labour sitting member is not a local, that they are more interested in seeking a place on the frontbench, that they are soft on crime/immigration/abortion.
What if they are soft on crime/immigration/abortion?
And in the background of the national campaign Crosby will have been conducting a war of attrition against the public broadcaster, claiming bias and unbalanced coverage.
Think he’ll be able to prove anything?
An Australian newspaper freedom of information request revealed that, during the 2001 campaign, 75 per cent of all complaints from all political parties to the public broadcaster, the ABC, had come from Crosby. BBC take note. And constituents, even those with unlisted numbers, should prepare themselves for automated message calls from Michael Howard. Ask him where he got your number.
Good luck getting answers from an automated message.
Having improved my vote by 6 per cent prior to the focus on asylum-seekers, I still lost my seat in 2001, but thanks to my Scottish grandparents I’ve been fortunate to have lived and worked in the UK for two years now.
Is Kernot suggesting that she was expelled from Australia? If so … yay us.
Crosby’s tactics represent a truly serious threat to the civility and robustness of British democracy and the way most politics is conducted in this country. It may be all downwards from here on. A “colonial” legacy of the worst kind.
Please never come back.
- Plastic, preferably. ;-pPosted by Barbara Skolaut on 04/28 at 03:11 PM • permalink
- Terrible behavior – fancy the campaign director focusing on marginal seats, and then coming in “under the radar” by telling her constituents the truth about her. Who would have thought it possible.
And apparently her “vote” improved by 6%, even though she was demolished by a swing of 7.34% against her (6% TPP). I think she means to say “polling”, before Crosby arranged the illegals & the Tampa to meet up.
The fact that she rose to such prominence is an indictment of our political system.
- Left wing politics 101: When you lose your seat because you are a whining, vapid opportunist who didn’t even live in the area, make sure you blame an evil right wing mastermind for brainwashing voters into voting for someone they didn’t want.
Glad to see we’re exporting our whingers to the UK these days 😉Posted by ArtVandelay on 04/28 at 11:53 PM • permalink
- My only thought when I read that in the Australian was:
“ She’s on the opposite side of the earth. Thank goodness for that! Hope she doesn’t come back”
Didn’t worry about the bile in the article, I knew it would be self serving no matter what it was.
I have often thought that until Mark Latham came along, nobody could beat poor Cheryl in the “It’s somebody else’s fault. Waa Waaa”
- Maybe she’s seen Latham and trying to retake her crown?Posted by Aging Gamer on 04/29 at 12:42 AM • permalink
- That woman disgusts me. Back in the 70s she was a married woman and a teacher at a prestigious Catholic high school. Then in 1975, aged 27, she turns up in Brisbane living with a teenaged boy, a former student, who was captain of that school the year before.
See http://members.iinet.net.au/~jenks/kernot.html where you’ll find a copy of an article on the subject, and much more, by Paul McGeough (which is a bit of a worry, but maybe he was more reasonable back in 1997).
And then, years later, while married to another fellow, she had an affair with Noddy Evans. No class.
- Gosh, Ms. Lane… has anyone ever seen Karl Rove and Crosby together… ?
Rove and Crosby — Worst. Comedy. Team. Ever. “We’re off on the road to perdition…”Posted by richard mcenroe on 04/29 at 10:01 AM • permalink
- Maybe Crosby IS Rove, here in disguise to bring down the Australian left.Posted by Aging Gamer on 04/29 at 10:17 AM • permalink
- It’s like the old mystery of whether The Shadow was really Lamont Cranston or Kent Allard…Posted by richard mcenroe on 04/30 at 06:31 PM • permalink
- Oh what the hell. His name is legion.Posted by richard mcenroe on 04/30 at 06:32 PM • permalink
- Just so you non-Australians know, Cheryl Kernot had an affair with Gareth Evans. Kernot was leader of the Australian Democrats, a much-hyped “third force” in Australian politics, and Evans was deputy leader of the Labor Party (doomed to long-term opposition). Evans engineered Kernot’s defection from the Democrats to labor, but unfortunately didn’t tell his party leader about his, err, other interests. Read all about it.
Page 1 of 1 pages
Someone put a bag over her head, please.