The content on this webpage contains paid/affiliate links. When you click on any of our affiliate link, we/I may get a small compensation at no cost to you. See our affiliate disclosure for more info -----------------------
Last updated on March 5th, 2018 at 01:41 pm
Even The Guardian is making fun of Arianna Huffington’s Huffariffic Megablog …
(Via reader Mont McNeil)
- I think we’re missing the point here. The great thing about Arianna’s blog is that it enables us lumpenproles to insult these asshats directly. Go, Arianna!Posted by Dave S. on 2005 04 28 at 02:30 PM • permalink
- *snicker*Posted by Aging Gamer on 2005 04 28 at 02:33 PM • permalink
- How a right-leaning media sensation starts:
In the middle of nowhere (the Internet the University of Tennessee, 10 in the morning on AM radio, Rupert Murdoch’s media empire) a right-leaning commentator practices his craft, getting better and better at it largely under the radar of the mainstream media until one day it wakes up and notices that a Drudge, a Limbaugh, an Instapundit, a Fox News is kicking its butt and reaching an audience of millions.
How a left-leaning media sensation starts:
Already-famous showbiz/politics people announce that they’re going to start something to combat the dominance of rightwing viewpoints. This gets a huge amount of ink from the leftwing press, and sets them up for a huge failure when their amateurism and low initial numbers are revealed to the whole world in Week 1. This failure is the focus of every news story about them for the next, well, forever.
- It would be Vanity Fair without pictures, which would be the Racing Form without odds.Posted by chinesearithmetic on 2005 04 28 at 03:48 PM • permalink
- These comments are really funny. Tim’s not lying when he says the comment sections are half the fun.
And Tim is a posting machine today.
What an excellent Thursday!Posted by Joe Geoghegan on 2005 04 28 at 04:27 PM • permalink
- The Guardian is making fun of another media? This is the same newspaper who thought they would influence a group of central Ohioan farmers to vote the same way as (insert names of famous British writers, etc., viscerally opposed to George Bush but for the life of me I can’t remember so they can’t be too famous).
Sounds like the class nerd making fun of the class dork.Posted by wronwright on 2005 04 28 at 05:41 PM • permalink
- Of course, what does it way about Huff&PuffBlog if even the lefties are making fun of it – before it starts?
Life is good. 😀Posted by Barbara Skolaut on 2005 04 28 at 06:20 PM • permalink
- A well done pre-emptive parody. Admittedly, the field of creative possibilities for mocking this particular circle jerk are nearly infinite.
What I want to know is, How much longer must we wait? How much longer until we are granted a luxurious and well-manicured front-lawn of liberal idiocy to poop on?Posted by zeppenwolf on 2005 04 28 at 08:42 PM • permalink
- Well, m, you better send 007 to find out what happened to him.
While he’s in Australia, see if he can get involved in some sort of destructive kangaroo chase sequence.Posted by Joe Geoghegan on 2005 04 28 at 08:52 PM • permalink
- As a postscript to Tim’s appearance on the ABC Media Report yesterday, and all that flowed from it, here is a very interesting quote from the transcript:
Jason di Rosso: “Perhaps for online pioneers in the mainstream media, the future looks bright. Margot Kingston and the work of Webdiary are protected by adhering to the Australian journalist Code of Ethics, and the set of site guidelines, supported by a large employer. But what about the future of independent journalism in blogs?”
- so goodPosted by Astonished on 2005 04 29 at 01:21 AM • permalink
- Margot Kingston: “Webdiary’s been transformed from a basically leftish, small-l liberal site to a much more balanced site”
ROTFLMAOPosted by Astonished on 2005 04 29 at 01:31 AM • permalink
- So it’s balanced on its head. That won’t last.Posted by Andrea Harris, Administrator on 2005 04 29 at 06:36 PM • permalink
- I liked what Samizdata called this new blog: “a target-rich environment”.Posted by The Sanity Inspector on 2005 04 29 at 09:59 PM • permalink
- ROSE: So this is the blog they say is un-Fiskable…
CAL: It IS un-Fiskable! God himself could not Fisk this blog!Posted by Richard_of_Oz on 2005 04 29 at 10:25 PM • permalink